Indie Book Collective discussion

Blue Coyote Motel (Coyote #1)
This topic is about Blue Coyote Motel
Help > BOOK CLUBS

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Florence (new)

Florence Osmund | 61 comments Dianne, I was invited to several books clubs after I spread the word to my friends and family that I do author guest appearances. Book clubs love to discuss books with the author. And each one has invited me back for my next book. I have also contacted larger local book clubs and offered to be part of the discussion if they choose my book, but no takers yet.

message 2: by Gordon (last edited Mar 19, 2013 12:09PM) (new)

Gordon Vivace | 14 comments I was directed to a site this morning which orchestrates such meetings. Their site is a simple WordPress blog, not very well programmed (pages missing, etc) and it's hard to determine what they charge for what (partly because that page is missing). It's not free, but apparently some in here have had good luck with it. I suppose how many clubs are on their list is more important than whether or not the web site works well. https://bookclubreading.com/

message 3: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Holloway | 51 comments I'm not real sure but I think that's is t the one I used before. If it's the same one, I paid $150.00 and got zero results. I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who has used this and got results.

message 4: by Gordon (new)

Gordon Vivace | 14 comments I am definitely not using it. I just mention it because it's the only one I've seen so far and happened to be passed on to me this morning. Certainly no personal recommendation implied :)

message 5: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Holloway | 51 comments Oh, okay. I wonder if there are any others out there.

message 6: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Holloway | 51 comments Here's one I found that's only $50.00. Looks like you get a lot of exposure if you win. http://www.bookbundlz.com/authorcompe...

message 7: by Kit (new)

Kit Book clubs have been one of the most fun things I have done. It is wonderful to hear how your book has entered other people's brains and lives. I am not familiar with book clubs that charge money to the author.

message 8: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Holloway | 51 comments I'm beginning to think they are not legit. Could you tell us about some of the ones that are free?