Making Connections discussion

Blue Coyote Motel (Coyote #1)
This topic is about Blue Coyote Motel
ARCHIVES > BOOK CLUBS

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen A. Wyle (kawyle) | 84 comments I'd love to know how to make contact with book clubs that aren't local. I've seen a website that charges a fee to include books in a quarterly mailing to book clubs, but I have no idea how many clubs actually receive it.

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen A. Wyle (kawyle) | 84 comments The one I saw was closer to $40.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Muckley | 18 comments Karen wrote: "The one I saw was closer to $40."

Hi! Have you got the details of that service? That seems like a good deala dna great idea.

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen A. Wyle (kawyle) | 84 comments I'm afraid I don't remember where I saw it. I hesitated to spend even that amount without knowing how many clubs actually received and paid attention to the newsletter. I couldn't find (in an admittedly brief search) any reviews or other information re the service.

message 5: by Jill (new)

Jill Kramer (jillkramer) | 27 comments Dianne, one way to find book clubs is just to ask your friends. Another is to ask at your local bookstore, if you have one. I don't mean a chain store because the clerks there usually don't interact much with the customers. But if there's an independent bookstore near you, it's worth checking out.

I'm speaking at a local club on Wednesday evening and really looking forward to it. Found that one through a friend. Two other friends said they'd suggest my book at their clubs but I haven't heard back from them yet.

message 6: by Judith (new)

Judith Sanders (judithasanders) | 6 comments One free option is to post a reader's guide on http://www.litlovers.com. I've had book clubs find my guide there and then contact me for a meeting.
AND OPEN A SKYPE ACCOUNT AND ADVERTISE that you'll Skype with them. I've done this in homes, restaurants, clubs, all from my desktop.

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen A. Wyle (kawyle) | 84 comments Thanks for the suggestions, Judith! I contacted LitLovers and have sent them a guide to one of my books.

Where do you advertise your availability to Skype?

message 8: by Judith (new)

Judith Sanders (judithasanders) | 6 comments On my website, in blogs, on cards I hand out. At BEA I heard about using Google + to search for book clubs and I'm hoping to tap into that to advertise directly to them. Just need to get thru this week and a big signing at Book Revue in Huntington, Long Island and a few other chores of daily life :-)