r/books discussion

Introductions > Hi, all, I am Jenna

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 185 comments I work in financial aid at a college in Minnesota, but I went to school to be an English teacher. I am looking for a more interesting job or a master's program right now...
I read mostly literary fiction (so general, I know) with some non-fiction (usually politics) mixed in. If you check out my currently-reading shelf, you will see A People's History of the United States by Zinn, No They Can't by Stossel, and The Night Circus by Morgenstern (sp?). I love quality zombie lit and fantasy along with classics like Pride and Prejudice, The Handmaid's Tale, or The Awakening. I am also a huge Game of Thrones fan!
I am a bibliophile and reddit addict (I just ditched my old username because it was too close to my real name, so my new one is Nolite_Te_Bastardes). Add me as a friend on here if you'd like to follow my posts, and I will reciprocate.
Cheers.

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (icecheeseplease) Helllo and welcs! I've been wanting to read a good zombie novel but becuase of the sudden influx of zombies in pop culture I haven't wanted to take the time to sort through the not so good ones. I'd love if you could save me the time, which is your favorite?

message 3: by Jennifer (last edited Mar 18, 2013 08:40AM) (new)

Jennifer | 185 comments World War Z, hands down. I have been staying out of the fray for the very same reason, but a friend bought WWZ for me as a gift one year, and I absolutely devoured it. I have been meaning to read it again, and there is a movie in production, but I hear the whole point and plot is getting just slaughtered... :(

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (icecheeseplease) Bother, that's such a shame! Thank you, though- I'll be adding it to my queue of to-reads.