Gillifans discussion

I hate f***ing...

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danni, Spoogegirl / Mrs Brown (new)

Danni | 136 comments Mod
What do you hate? Either snort away at the things Gilli hates, or make up your own. The only requirement in this discussion is to word it properly:

i.e. I hate f***ing... Not that I ever have...

message 2: by Macky (new)

Macky (mactut) | 142 comments I hate f****ing butter beans, not that I ever have....

JustJen "Miss Conduct" | 16 comments I hate f***ing chick peas, not that I ever have...

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura (mingaboxer) | 5 comments I hate f***ing migraines, not that I ever have...

message 5: by Julie (new)

Julie | 27 comments Oh I loved those!

message 6: by MsMelbourne (new)

MsMelbourne | 24 comments Laura - I hate fu**ing migraines too. Woke with one this morning :S

message 7: by Macky (new)

Macky (mactut) | 142 comments I hate f***ing Migraines as well , not that've ever.... I'm getting loads at the moment, I'm necking Sumatriptans like paracetamol!

message 8: by Julia (new)

Julia | 21 comments I actually finally got tired of reading "paracetamol" over and over in Brit fiction, and wondering "what the hell is THAT" and then being too lazy to get up and go over to Google and....well...Google it.

I just did it. Whatdayaknow! It's Tylenol! Acetaminophen. Huh. Five syllables and I"m assuming the accent falls on the third in both?

Call me American.

message 9: by Macky (new)

Macky (mactut) | 142 comments Julia ... You're American! Lol! ( sorry couldn't resist!)

I'm always reading in American novels about people taking Exedrin... And they're always chewing them dry! * shudders!*

message 10: by Julia (new)

Julia | 21 comments Macky wrote: "Julia ... You're American! Lol! ( sorry couldn't resist!)

I'm always reading in American novels about people taking Exedrin... And they're always chewing them dry! * shudders!*"

Usually in bars, trying to stave off inevitable hangovers, but refusing to just go home. BC Powder takes that to an obscene limit.

Snork!

message 11: by Macky (new)

Macky (mactut) | 142 comments Those where the days! :D

message 12: by Tina (last edited Mar 21, 2013 12:33AM) (new)

Tina (whitemooony) Julia wrote: "I actually finally got tired of reading "paracetamol" over and over in Brit fiction, and wondering "what the hell is THAT" and then being too lazy to get up and go over to Google and....well...Goog..."

LOL I did the same with Tylenol. I googled it. In Europe Paracetamol is well known. You won't find any Tylenol here...:)

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Damn not any of the products you mention, I can not tolerate after a poisoning with Ipren, and the products have the same substances like Ipren :-( I hate that because then there is not so many pain killers I can choice, when I need it.

message 14: by Tina (new)

Tina (whitemooony) Helle wrote: "Damn not any of the products you mention, I can not tolerate after a poisoning with Ipren, and the products have the same substances like Ipren :-( I hate that because then there is not so many pai..."

Whats about ASS? Acetylsalicylsäure? I guess it's Acetylsalicylic acid in English. Aspirin?

Or Metamizol?

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Also products with the same substances like Ipren :-( the only pain killers I have is dolol that I know do not have the substances like Ipren, need to talk with my doctor about stronger pain killers, because dolol are not taking my pain away and have been that 1 year now :-(

message 16: by MsMelbourne (new)

MsMelbourne | 24 comments Helle - I get shocking migraines and normally can stop them if I take a tablet called Maxalt. But you need to take it in the first 15 mins of it starting.

Xx they suck. And not in the good way ;)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

It is not migraines I normally have, but my illness I have arthritis is a rare disease called Morbus Becterew that cause pain 24/7 and restriction of movement, only biological medicine can help and still have two weeks before the inspection and hopefully the beginning of a new biological medicines for these three months without medication has been even more painful. So I need some strong pain killers, but do not want to be so high that I can't do anything or remember anything :-(

JustJen "Miss Conduct" | 16 comments I had to laugh this morning. After recently reading how much Gilli hates f***ing prawns, I saw an article pop up on FB about thousands of prawns washing up on the shore in Chile. :D

message 19: by Macky (new)

Macky (mactut) | 142 comments JustJen wrote: "I had to laugh this morning. After recently reading how much Gilli hates f***ing prawns, I saw an article pop up on FB about thousands of prawns washing up on the shore in Chile. :D"

Only you Jen! LOL!

JustJen "Miss Conduct" | 16 comments Can't help if the Gilli-isms are bleeding over into my everyday life. :D

message 21: by Macky (last edited Mar 21, 2013 09:02AM) (new)

Macky (mactut) | 142 comments JustJen wrote: "Can't help if the Gilli-isms are bleeding over into my everyday life. :D"

True hun! :)

message 22: by Danni, Spoogegirl / Mrs Brown (new)

Danni | 136 comments Mod
Danni wrote: "What do you hate? Either snort away at the things Gilli hates, or make up your own. The only requirement in this discussion is to word it properly:

i.e. I hate f***ing... Not that I ever have..."

Can I just say that I absolutely love, love, love how quickly this requirement has been completely ignored! It shows true Gilli style to show complete disregard for any instructions, and to go off on a complete tangent. Fabulous!

message 23: by Macky (new)

Macky (mactut) | 142 comments Danni wrote: "Danni wrote: "What do you hate? Either snort away at the things Gilli hates, or make up your own. The only requirement in this discussion is to word it properly:

i.e. I hate f***ing... Not that..."

Sorry Miss! ( lie detector says NOT!) :D

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Macky wrote: "Danni wrote: "Danni wrote: "What do you hate? Either snort away at the things Gilli hates, or make up your own. The only requirement in this discussion is to word it properly:

i.e. I hate f***i..."

LOL :-D

message 25: by Julie (new)

Julie | 27 comments Someone probably posted this Gilli-ism already but I just read it:

In hate fucking dogs, not that I...is it with my continuing, is it?

Lol

Sorry if this is a repeat I am doing this from phone.

Julie (newbie here)

message 26: by Danni, Spoogegirl / Mrs Brown (new)

Danni | 136 comments Mod
Julie wrote: "Someone probably posted this Gilli-ism already but I just read it:

In hate fucking dogs, not that I...is it with my continuing, is it?

Lol

Sorry if this is a repeat I am doing this from phone.
..."

Ah, the joys of predictive text! Lovely to see you here Julie, feel free to pop into the Welcome thread for an official warm welcome :)

message 27: by Julie (new)

Julie | 27 comments thanks Danni I am glad to be here and (((Gilli)))

just posted my intro on welcome thread as dull as it was (my intro lol). Am braindead after a long week

I have to finish Gilli book 2--that will perk me up

;)

message 28: by Julie (new)

Julie | 27 comments My typing is atrocious!
Retyping my quote from Gilli:

"I hate fucking dogs, not that I, is it worth my continuing, is it?"