The Worthing Saga (Worthing, #1-3) The Worthing Saga discussion

Torn about reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gregg (new)

Gregg Shoemaker I am not sure about reading this book. There reviews that I have read make me wonder if I will enjoy it or just toss it aside 50 pages into. I hate doing that it is such a waste of time. I will likely start reading today as i have always heard good things about Card's writing. If I decide I do not like it I can always read another of his writings.

message 2: by Joe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joe Vasicek Oh man, I loved The Worthing Saga! It feels a lot grander and more sweeping than Card's other books, and has a lot less of an agenda behind it than his later stuff. I'd put it right up there with Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead.

Brent Franklin The Worthing Saga is probably my favorite book by Card; certainly on a par with Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead. I do remember the first few pages were somehow a little off-putting though.

It's an unusual choice though for a first novel to read by him. Any reason you singled this one out?

message 4: by Gregg (new)

Gregg Shoemaker I am in Afghanistan right now so I just take what I can get, you know what I mean.

Budd It is a very good book. kind of slow at the start, but it gets really good. It is an epic story. Epic in the true definition.