Technicalities discussion

Inner Earth > Public Hall

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

GothamsReckoning (baneofgotham) | 203 comments Mod
Used to be a city hall but the majority if people left and went up to outer earth.

Demetrius hobbled over to a broken down chair. He had tripped over a D***ed dead car in the alleyway so he twisted his ankle. He sighed as he sat. Looking around at what everything had once been, he shook his head, "Why the world chose this path, I do not know. I warned them, did I not?" He said as he sighed once more.
He came here during the day because his hut depressed him, it reminded him of the poverty he and all other versers lived in. For he was the first, it certainly wasn't the easiest.

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) Maggie slipped inside, pushing her hair back from her face. It was obvious she had been running. She had run all the way from her house. Her parents were fighting again. She hadn't stayed long enough to find out what it was about this time. She controlled her breathing, it was hot outside and a mile run wasn't easy, but she was safer here. Her legs shook with exertion and she cursed softly, sitting down on the floor, barely noticing the other two people in the room. She pulled her backpack off and dropped it on the floor. was she going back? Of course she was, she didn't have anywhere else to go. Would she be happy about it or be able to sleep at night? No, not at all.

Demetrius looked up in time to see the two girls enter, "Hello ladies! What's new? Is that what you young people are saying today? Oh d**n there I go embarrassing you gals again." He said all steriorypically and sarcastically. There was another older gentleman who talked just like that and they would silently kick him from time to time.
((Anyone else want to make the stereotypical older fellow???))

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) Maggie forced a smile, trying to stand on her jelly legs, wobbling over to sit in a chair that had the back broken off, not realizing at first that it was a chair with wheels, almost falling off as it slid back, laughing a little. "Nothing much, just staying in shape." She lied, keeping her poker face serene.

He sighed, and looked at her with concerned eyes, "My dear if those 'issues' that you told me about last week don't fix themselves than you need to come down to good old Demetrius's hut and take the spare room. Was my daughters before she went topside..." He said sighing, wiping a newfound year from his eye.

message 7: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) "No, that wouldn't help anything. I may as well join them. I would be safer up there," Maggie smiled wryly. Maybe then I could have a nice robot to do my bidding, bring a couple down to smack them whenever they start in on each other. Oh, if only I could reprogram them."

Demetrius frowned, "Now you see here young lady, bringing them robots into your problems ain't going to fix nothin and you know that."

message 9: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) "Yeah, trust me, I know. Sometime I just wish I didn't have all these feelings," she said heavily, then started mimicking a robot, "Malfunction, malfunction, I...am...pissed...off. Error...Error. Anger override."

message 10: by GothamsReckoning (new)

He chuckled, "You make me laugh like nobody else." he said smiling patting her on the shoulder.

message 11: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) Maggie smiled a little, digging in her bag for the chocolate bar she had stolen from the cupboard before leaving. She loved chocolate, but she never had the money for it. Luckily for her, her father never check the cupboards where he kept all his desserts. She pulled the package open and offered Demetrius a piece.

message 12: by GothamsReckoning (new)

His eyes went wide, chocolate was scarce down under sooo be smiled and accepted itbsq
S gh

message 13: by GothamsReckoning (new)

His eyes went wide, chocolate was scarce down under sooo be smiled and accepted it. As he are he savored the taste.
"I haven't had that in ages. I forgot how good it tasted." He confessed.

message 14: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) Maggie smiled a little. Her parents went up to the upper world on a regular basis to steel whatever they could, Maggie had actually done it a time or two, but she would never admit to it. She hated it up there. She savored the chocolate, eating it slowly so not to waste it. A thief, just like her parents. "Nothing like robot made delicacies to keep us all satisfied."

message 15: by GothamsReckoning (new)

He nodded, "That I can agree with."

message 16: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) Maggie laughed bitterly. She pulled an old worn book from her bag and crossed her legs on the chair, cracking it open and reading past the stains and tears in the book. "Look what I found in the old school, it's called Thirteen Reasons Why. I think I might like this one."

message 17: by GothamsReckoning (new)

He looked at the book. Thinking about all the ones he had in his house, and how she always came in with a new book.
"What was that one you brought in last week???? It was Devils something..... Advocate? Or was that my book.... Oh I don't remember. My lands, my brain is getting all fizzed out. I used to be so handy with the words... Now look at me." He said sighing, and rubbing his face.

message 18: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) "At least you haven't gone bionic yet, or extra terrestrial, then I would have to be worried," Maggie joked back. Yes, the old man was a few teabags short of a full pot, but he was better than the others. She loved his very flat attempts at humor, and the way he could still remember a before, before the "new world policy". Anyway, what was life without a couple bobbles.

message 19: by GothamsReckoning (new)

He chuckled, "Yes I do believe you have a point. Why last week that sTrange boy down in the Barracks?, lashed out me in some fowl language. I know it was wrong of me but I couldn't help but laugh at him." He said leaning back pulling bread from his pocket. And breaking off a piece, "Made this just yesterday, my late wife's recipe." He said as his face fell from the memories rushing into his brain. He wiped away a tear and began to eat it.

message 20: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) Maggie looked down at her watch and jumped from her seat. "Oh god! I'm late, they're going to kill me!" She streaked out of the room, barely catching the strap of her bag in her rush to leave, vaulting over some debris left in the room.

message 21: by GothamsReckoning (new)

Demetrius just sat there, he watched the girl leave and shook his head. "Poor thing, everything in the world to love for but absolutely no motivation." He said with a bitter smirk.

message 22: by GothamsReckoning (new)

Demetrius got up out if his chair, left. let's go see what's left shall we?