Technicalities discussion

Inner Earth > Alleyway

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

GothamsReckoning (baneofgotham) | 203 comments Mod
Basically city streets from barrack to barrack.

Kaiden trudged along the narrow sidewalks. He didn't exactly know where to go so he just walked as far as his feet would take him. He walked out of the Barrack stronghold and into the long been forgotten city streets. He suddenly had the urge to sit... Sooo he did.

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) Maggie walked with her head down, her bag bulging with the stolen goods she had escaped the outer earth with, not even noticing the boy until she tripped over his feet, the contents of her bag spilling everywhere.

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) ((mckenzie, you out there?))

Kaiden barely looked up and kept walking, then he realized someone had tripped over his feet as he was walking. He turned, still clearly out of his right mind, and said,
"Sorry not exactly here, if you catch my drift. Topside hug? They have all the good sh*t up there."
He bent down to help her pick up her stuff.

message 6: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) Maggie forced a smile. "You could say that," she answered. It was true enough, she had been taking stuff from the outer world for a couples months, trying to stay away from her parents as much as possible. "Thank you...so, what's got you so caught up?"

He looked at her, his eyes showing his feeling of being lost. He looked like a child his hands shoved in his pockets head down faced towards her, and he shrugged.
"Oh you know internal conflicts.... I had to get out of my lonely escape." He said, a ghost of a smile crossed his face.

message 8: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) "I would be thankful for the loneliness, my parents are always fighting and I may a well not exist, that's why I've been stealing stuff," Maggie looked down, why was she spilling her guts today? This was not her. What had gotten into her? Oh, that was an easy enough question to answer. Her father finally hitting her, that's what had gotten into her. He had threatened her forever, but last night he had finally done it.

Kaiden looked up... He took a step toward her and touched the bruise on her face. It looked fresh... He hadn't thought of what he'd done but once he realized he jerked his hand back and looked at his fingers..
"I'm sorry..."

message 10: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) Maggie turned away, she had tried to hide it, but she knew you could still see it. She sat down, pulling her knees into her chest. "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault." Maggie said softly, looking toward where the lights blazed in her family's huts." She sighed. She actually liked being touched in a way that wasn't harmful.

message 11: by GothamsReckoning (new)

He looked from his hand to the scared girl on the floor of the alleyway... "...are they expecting you home??? Do you even want to go home? I mean I could use an anchor to keep me same in my fortress of solitude... I kinda yelled at the old guy who lives down the way earlier..." He looked down and said quietly, "But the voices were so loud and I don't know who was talking...." He groaned and sank to the ground his head in his hands.
"I'm warning you.... I'm not completely in my right mind.... I'm crazy aren't I?" He asked looking up at her..

message 12: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) "No, you're not crazy. I've seen crazy," Maggie told him. "Can I come with you? They'd never notice that I was gone. I need some time...away from them. I just don't have anywhere else to go."

She looked up at the boy, hope in her eyes for the first time in ages. She tucked her hair behind her ear, biting her lip a little, "I'm Maggie, by the way."

message 13: by GothamsReckoning (new)

He looked up at her and grinned. He put his hand out and stated, "Kaiden, Kaiden noooo last name, well that I acknowledge anyway. The barracks don't scare you do they??? Well I mean the old one down at the end of the road.... That's where I live... Don't get many visitors... Plenty big though if you need your privacy." He said shrugging still sitting on the floor, but sitting up now.

message 14: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) "Not much scares me anymore. When you live with my family there isn't room for fear," she answered him, as if on cue, you could heard her father's voice booming from their hut, her mother's soon after, fighting, again. Maggie sighed, looking over at their shadows in the window. She could tell her father was drunk again from the bottle in his hands, her mother was smoking. The would be fighting until her father passed out drunk or knocked her mother out with his fists, and she really didn't want to be around to hear it. "It's nice to meet you," Maggie said over the fighting, her voice a little shaky, but she was still in control for now.

message 15: by GothamsReckoning (new)

He was still smiling but a look of concern filled his face, he jerked his head in the direction of the barracks and started walking,
"We'll, come on then. Oh, and bring your Mary Poppins bag with you, or do you understand that reference?" He asked with a smirk as he walked towards his humble abode, humming Spoonful of Sugar out loud without realizing it.

message 16: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) She didn't understand the reference. She had read books before, but never that one. She moved to catch up with him, grabbing his wrist, "Wait a sec, some of us don't walk so fast."

message 17: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) ((ugh, that was horrible, sorry))

message 18: by GothamsReckoning (new)

((Haha it's cool)) he looked at his wrist and net stiff... Pulling his arm away he looked at her as if she'd slapped him. Than he realized and snapped out of it, "I'm sorry.... I haven't been touched.... Ever... Don't have parents... Or siblings... Or friends come to think of it...."

message 19: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) She smiled a little, "It's cool, now let's go back to your home, before mine goes up in flames." It was a joke, but it was true enough, the fires of hell burned bright in that hut. She shifted her bag up onto her shoulder, walking with him, trying to keep pace with him, he walked kind of fast and she had just done a fair amount of running.

message 20: by GothamsReckoning (new)

He noticed she was trying to catch up with him so he slowed his pace as they neared the barracks. They got to the door and he opened to walk in.
((Barracks Madame?))

message 21: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) ((of course, senorita))

Maggie followed him inside, looking around. "Nice place, it's...big?" she really didn't know how to compliment the place, it was kind of empty and run down.

message 22: by GothamsReckoning (new)

(( I'm in the barracks topic deary))