Speaker Geeks! discussion

Chat Away! > High School!!!

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Put all of your questions, concerns, comments, feeling, etc.. about high school!!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I know where I go to school it is tiny, so moving from elementary to middle to high school isn't a big deal because you know like everyone!! Everyone talks about everyone and everything at my school, so sooner or later you will hear about it!!

message 3: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
High school is great!

message 4: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) Junior year is the WORST! Chemistry shattered my 4.0 :(

message 5: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
Aw!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

That must have sucked!

message 7: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) It's not that big of a deal. I'm not going for valedictorian anymore anyway. All my other grades are good though. :)

message 8: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
No, you'll do well, I'm sure. It's really a lot of fun! :)

message 9: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) H99 wrote: "I'm scared of going to high school... I'll get lost there, I know I will."

You'll get the hang of it after a few days :)

message 10: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
H99 wrote: "Leah wrote: "No, you'll do well, I'm sure. It's really a lot of fun! :)"

Fun?

Sierra wrote: "H99 wrote: "I'm scared of going to high school... I'll get lost there, I know I will."

You'll ..."

(Sorry it's taken so long for me to reply) Yeah! Find some clubs to join and have fun with it! My extracurriculars are the entire reason this group exists! :)

message 11: by Faye (new)

Faye (asdfayeiouvwxyz) | 269 comments Oh high school...this means...four years ago to me *_*

Well I didn't like high school much but then again, I never liked anything related to school very much too. Haha. High school is like a field for growing up. You're not an adult, and yet you're not a kid.

message 12: by Dion, Keep calm and debate your topic (new)

Dion (my_booklove) | 446 comments Mod
I love high school! :)

message 13: by Dion, Keep calm and debate your topic (new)

haha i'm in high school and I concur with that statement, Lia! :)

message 14: by Dion, Keep calm and debate your topic (new)

haha thanks :)

I'm about to go into upper high school and it's all: SUBJECT SELECTION LALALA. NO PRESSURE BUT THIS WILL CHANGE THE COURSE OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE MWAHAHAHA.

but still, I'm happy ^.^

message 15: by Dion, Keep calm and debate your topic (new)

I know, but personally don't get it! What's not to like? You have a certain amount of independence but not so much that you're totally responsible for yourself. You have an easy and accessible social life and you get to study what you want to (in upper high at least). What's not to like other than homework??

message 16: by Dion, Keep calm and debate your topic (new)

I guess, but it's all in a controlled environment. If you put it into perspective, it's teaching you life skills. Better it happens in high school than in your workplace and better that you build up that resilience now.

message 17: by Dion, Keep calm and debate your topic (new)

I guess, or people can't see things objectively. I can't imagine any other 15 year old seeing things the way I do...they tend to live by today is my life and there is no tomorrow, only I exist and I only exist NOW <-- that kinda mindset. Make sense?

message 18: by Evan (new)

Evan (sampsom) | 578 comments I don't get high school in England, I just go to a regular school doing my A-levels (the two years before university)

My one piece of advice is chose the right subjects! I chose subjects that I decided late I don't like them!!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm gonna get lost when I'm in high school.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

@Lia, my future high school has over 3000 students and is really big.

message 21: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) Mackenzie wrote: "@Lia, my future high school has over 3000 students and is really big."

WOW O.O My high school has between 300-400 students and it's really easy to navigate. I would get lost in a school thqt big too. I even got lost in one that has probably like 600-700 students. XD lol

message 22: by Evan (new)

Evan (sampsom) | 578 comments That's weird my school has about 700 people and that's from when you start school so like when your 4 till the end when your 18! That's like tiny compared to those!!

message 23: by Ollie (new)

Ollie Bradshaw (sebastian-bach) | 36 comments Im going to die Im going into high school this year ahhhh it will be awful

message 24: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) That is tiny! What state do you live in if you don't mind me asking?

message 25: by Evan (new)

Evan (sampsom) | 578 comments It's the in the U.K, and it's a tiny town!

message 26: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) Oh, sorry! I always just assume that people live in the US. I should really stop that...XD Anyway, that's cool. :D I live in a small town too and I love it. I hate big cities.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

My city is pretty big and i love it. I'm kinda used to the big schools though because my middle school has 1200 students. There are 400 in my grade.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok:)

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Lia, That's good:)
Lo, I agree. Being lost isn't always fun. I got lost in a corn maze in 45 degree weather (F) once. Not fun. We had to call my parents to come get us.