YA Bookaholics discussion

Quotes All Around > "I Love You" Confessions

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I'm currently rereading Graceling, and I came across the part where Po tells Katsa that he loves her. So I decided to copy it down because that's what I do when I find parts in books I want to quote, and it got me thinking: I must have read hundreds of the first "I love you's" in the books I have read. So, I thought it would be really cool to try and find as many of those first confessions as we can and post them in this thread.

Sound cool?

Here's the quote I had found:

-“I know you don’t want this, Katsa. But I can’t help myself. The moment you came barreling into my life I was lost. I’m afraid to tell you what I wish for, for fear you’ll . . . I don’t know, throw me into the fire. Or more likely, refuse me. Or worst of all, despise me,” he said, his voice breaking and his eyes dropping from her face. His face dropping into his hands. “I love you,” he said. “You’re more dear to my heart than I ever knew anyone could be. And I’ve made you cry; and there I’ll stop.” –Po from Graceling (by Kristin Cashore)

message 2: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Jessica  (stuckinotherworlds) | 858 comments Mod
I always love the first love confessions! This one is Tris and Four from Divergent.

“I have something I need to tell you," he says. I run my fingers along the tendons in his hands and look back at him. "I might be in love with you." He smiles a little. "I'm waiting until I'm sure to tell you, though."
"That's sensible of you," I say, smiling too. "We should find some paper so you can make a list or a chart or something."
I feel his laughter against my side, his nose sliding along my jaw, his lips pressing my ear.
"Maybe I'm already sure," he says, "and I just don't want to frighten you."
I laugh a little. "Then you should know better."
"Fine," he says. "Then I love you.”
- Veronica Roth, Divergent.

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) This one isn't that wordy, and it's slightly inappropriate, but it's still the first time Asher tells Cam he loves her.

-"I love you," he told her when they were through. He hugged her and kissed the top of her head and said it into her hair again.
The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder by Wendy Wunder

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Chocolatethunda wrote: "I always love the first love confessions! This one is Tris and Four from Divergent.

“I have something I need to tell you," he says. I run my fingers along the tendons in his hands and look back a..."

*screams*

message 5: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 38 comments Kaitlin wrote: "I'm currently rereading Graceling, and I came across the part where Po tells Katsa that he loves her. So I decided to copy it down because that's what I do when I find parts in books I want to quot..."

That quote made me wanna read that book (L)

message 6: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 38 comments Chocolatethunda wrote: "I always love the first love confessions! This one is Tris and Four from Divergent.

“I have something I need to tell you," he says. I run my fingers along the tendons in his hands and look back a..."

I think i read that part like 10 times, Divergent is one of my favourite books!

message 7: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) Dalu wrote: "Kaitlin wrote: "I'm currently rereading Graceling, and I came across the part where Po tells Katsa that he loves her. So I decided to copy it down because that's what I do when I find parts in book..."

That's probably one of my favorite love confessions. *tears up*

message 8: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 38 comments this are my favourite quotes from Delirium:

“Are you sure that being like everybody else will make you happy?"
"I don't know any other way."
"Let me show you."
And then we're kissing. Or at least, I think we're kissing—I've only seen it done a couple of times, quick closed-mouth pecks at weddings or on formal occasions. But this isn't like anything I've ever seen, or imagined, or even dreamed: this is like music or dancing but better than both.”

“I told you," he whispers back. I can feel his breath just tickling the space behind my ear, making my hair prick up on my neck. "I like you."
"You don't know me," I say quickly.
"I want to, though.”

and there are more but i dont want to spoil anything! i think this is the most quotable book ever!

message 9: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 38 comments Sierra wrote: "Dalu wrote: "Kaitlin wrote: "I'm currently rereading Graceling, and I came across the part where Po tells Katsa that he loves her. So I decided to copy it down because that's what I do when I find..."

I have just got the three books! so i'll start reading them now!

message 10: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) Dalu wrote: "Sierra wrote: "Dalu wrote: "Kaitlin wrote: "I'm currently rereading Graceling, and I came across the part where Po tells Katsa that he loves her. So I decided to copy it down because that's what I..."

Yay!!! I'm on Fire right now, I'm almost finished and then I'm gonna start Bitterblue :D

message 11: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 38 comments Sierra wrote: "Dalu wrote: "Sierra wrote: "Dalu wrote: "Kaitlin wrote: "I'm currently rereading Graceling, and I came across the part where Po tells Katsa that he loves her. So I decided to copy it down because..."

wow! i have to speed up then! in this past 2 months i've read the whole Hunger games saga, the Delirium saga, the Mathched saga and both Divergent and Insurgent! those are the sweetest and most qoutables love books ever!

message 12: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) Dalu wrote: "Sierra wrote: "Dalu wrote: "Sierra wrote: "Dalu wrote: "Kaitlin wrote: "I'm currently rereading Graceling, and I came across the part where Po tells Katsa that he loves her. So I decided to copy ..."

I love all of those books! I still have to read Requiem though.

message 13: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 38 comments Sierra wrote: "Dalu wrote: "Sierra wrote: "Dalu wrote: "Sierra wrote: "Dalu wrote: "Kaitlin wrote: "I'm currently rereading Graceling, and I came across the part where Po tells Katsa that he loves her. So I de..."

omg you should totally read it! i was so in love with that book!

message 14: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) "I went to get up, but he grabbed both my arms. "I love you, Riley."
My heart jumped at the declaration. I thought of these past weeks and how special he had made me feel, at how alive I felt because of him. "I love you, too, Ian."

-J.A. Templeton, The Deepest Cut

message 15: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 38 comments Kaitlin wrote: ""I went to get up, but he grabbed both my arms. "I love you, Riley."
My heart jumped at the declaration. I thought of these past weeks and how special he had made me feel, at how alive I felt becau..."

(like button!)

message 16: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I'm pretty sure it's not the first love confession in the series, but it's the first from Shay to Calla in this book.

"I love you," he murmured before he kissed me. I returned his kiss, aching to be closer to him.
"I know you don't need me, Cal," he said, moving his lips along my throat. "That's why I love you. But I want you to know I belong beside you, with you. I may not have been the one chosen for you, but I want to be your mate. Your alpha."

-Andrea Cremer, Bloodrose

message 17: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I love this one.

"I have hope," he said, his gaze never leaving mine. "I have hope because I love you--I've been in love with you, Avery. Probably before I even realized that I was."

-J. Lynn, Wait for You

message 18: by Dalu (last edited Mar 29, 2013 11:50AM) (new)

Dalu  | 38 comments this is not from a book its someting it happened to me and i thought it souded like a piece of a book:

I was in a friend's house and suddenly her boyfriend appeared with a friend of his, who i alredy knew. He sat next to me while we were watching a horror movie and put his arm arround me.
Afew minutes later he kissed my head and whispered into my ear " I like you, I wanna know you better" and then we kissed.

That was a long time ago.. 12/18/2011

message 19: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 38 comments every time i see this quote i feel like reading the book all over again!

“I have something I need to tell you," he says. I run my fingers along the tendons in his hands and look back at him. "I might be in love with you." He smiles a little. "I'm waiting until I'm sure to tell you, though."
"That's sensible of you," I say, smiling too. "We should find some paper so you can make a list or a chart or something."
I feel his laughter against my side, his nose sliding along my jaw, his lips pressing my ear.
"Maybe I'm already sure," he says, "and I just don't want to frighten you."
I laugh a little. "Then you should know better."
"Fine," he says. "Then I love you.”

-Divergent

message 20: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Dalu wrote: "this is not from a book its someting it happened to me and i thought it souded like a piece of a book:

I was in a friend's house and suddenly her boyfriend appeared with a friend of his, who i alr..."

Aww! :)

message 21: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

I love " I love you" confessions. They are so cute! :)

message 22: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dalu wrote: "every time i see this quote i feel like reading the book all over again!

“I have something I need to tell you," he says. I run my fingers along the tendons in his hands and look back at him. "I mi..."

I am so going to have to read this book the more I hear about it the more I want to read it and I have it just haven't gotten to reading it yet

message 23: by Robyn (new)

Robyn “I'm in love with you," he said quietly.

"Augustus," I said.

"I am," he said. He was staring at me, and I could see the corners of his eyes crinkling. "I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you.”
-The Fault In Our Stars, John Green
One of the funniest and saddest books I've ever read!

message 24: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) That is such a great one. :)

message 25: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Omg! That's so cute! :)

Chloe Fandom Queen This one is one of my favourites...

"In this whole screwed up town, you're the only thing that's always been right to me," He whispered. "I love you, Claire." She saw something that might been just a flash of panic go across his expression, but then he steadied again. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but I do. I love you."
-Lord of Misrule (Morganville Vampires #5)

message 27: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Awww! :)

message 28: by Katie (new)

Katie Boord (katieboord) | 28 comments "There is no pretending," Jace said with perfect clarity, "I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there's life after that I'll love you then."

--Cassandra Clare, City of Glass

message 29: by Simmaron (new)

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 341 comments CoG is my fav one!!

message 30: by Anum (new)

Anum | 37 comments “I’m sorry that I caused you this hurt,” he said. “And as mad as you are at me right now, you need to realize that I’m madder at myself. I did this to you. To us. I hurt the most important person in my life. If someone else had hurt you this badly I’d rip their heart out.”
He stood there and just stared. The silence in the room seemed too loud. Or was it the pain echoing in the room that pierced her ears?
“I’ll go now,” he said, and she couldn’t remember ever hearing him sound so defeated. So lost. “I’ve said what I wanted to, and just know I’ll give you all the time you need to forgive me. But not forgiving me, that isn’t an option. Because I love you.”
- Lucas (Chosen at NightFall;Shadow Falls series)

message 31: by Katie (new)

Katie Boord (katieboord) | 28 comments Aww, that's so sad!

message 32: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) "I've tried so hard not to love you that I've driven us both crazy. But I love you. And I don't want to lose you. So please come back to me. Please don't leave me."
-Audra to Vane in Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger

message 33: by Shav (new)

Shav (keelahlove) | 429 comments "I did it because I love you," I said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world. And really, it was.
He laughed. "You can sum up in one sentence what it takes me a whole speech to get out."
"Because it's that simple. I love you, and I don't want to keep pretending like I don't."

-Rose and Dimitri (Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead)

message 34: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) “I love you. I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I've ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, everyday we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours. ”
The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

I just found this while hopping around on blogs. I haven't read the book, but it's pretty sweet.

message 35: by Anum (new)

Anum | 37 comments Kaitlin wrote: ""I've tried so hard not to love you that I've driven us both crazy. But I love you. And I don't want to lose you. So please come back to me. Please don't leave me."
-Audra to Vane in Let the Sky Fa..."

It's making me wanna read it!!

message 36: by roshay (new)

roshay (sadderdaze) Chocolatethunda wrote: "I always love the first love confessions! This one is Tris and Four from Divergent.

I read that last night. I replayed the scene in my mind a thousand times when I was trying to sleep. Tris and Tobias have actually made me like romance!!! (Well, so did Ron and Hermione, but I was too distracted to focus on their romance...)

message 37: by Simmaron (new)

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 341 comments “Tell me you don’t love me. “Because I’ve tried, Sav. I’ve really tried not to be in love with you, even to the point of hurting others along the way. But I can’t make myself stop loving you. So if you’ve figured it out, if you’ve found some spell or something that will end my feelings for you, I’m all ears here.”- Tristan
She closed her eyes, covered her face with her hands and sobbed, her shoulders shaking. “I can’t! I wish I could. I wish every day that I could find a way not to love you. But I still do."- Savannah

Covet (Clann #2) - Melissa Darnell

message 38: by Shav (new)

Shav (keelahlove) | 429 comments “You could at least apologize,” Laurel said. Her mood had turned sullen and she wasn’t quite sure why. Her head was a mess of confusion.
“I’m not sorry,” Tamani said, his tone not apologetic in the least.
“Well, you should be!” Laurel said, turning toward him for just a second.
“Why?” Tamani asked, his voice annoyingly calm.
Laurel turned to face him.
“Why should I be sorry? Because I kissed the girl I’m in love with? I love you, Laurel.”

-Spells by Aprilynne Pike

message 39: by Damini (new)

Damini “I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you.”

Augustus to Hazel, TFIOS by John Green

message 40: by A (new)

A H ღ νιηηソ●•ツ ☺ wrote: "“I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been retu..."

LOVE that one...:))