Urban Fantasy series' discussion

UF Series > Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson # 7)

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JP (new)

JP Reads (jpfantasyreads) | 788 comments Mod
How many of you have read the new Mercy Thompson book? What did u think?

message 2: by Vonetta (new)

Vonetta It's near the top of my "to read" list. Trying to get through a few more Dark Hunter & CON books before I read it. Did you read it? If so, did you enjoy it? :)

message 3: by TWiser (new)

TWiser thought it was the best yet

message 4: by JP (new)

I just started it and I can't wait to see what happens

message 5: by Meagan (new)

Meagan I enjoyed it, and really liked that we got a couple of chapters with Adam's pov.

message 6: by Leigh Neely (new)

Leigh Neely Jacki wrote: "How many of you have read the new Mercy Thompson book? What did u think?"

I thought it was great. Mercy continues to end up in bad situations but manages to get herself out of trouble and help others too. I enjoy her relationships with the various supernaturals, including the ones who don't like her so much. Patricia Briggs has done such a wonderful job of creating this world that I often feel other writers are wrong in how they create werewolves and vampires. She came through with another winner with Frost Burned.

message 7: by Stephanee (new)

Stephanee | 40 comments Jacki wrote: "How many of you have read the new Mercy Thompson book? What did u think?"

I loved it, I was a little worried starting out because I was not happy with the previous book and was worried Patricia may have lost her steam like some of the other series I have been disappointed in recently, Skooie Stackhouse and the Anita Blake to name a couple.

I thought she recovered from the okay River Marked to a great Frost Burned!! Soooo happy :)

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (mybookboyfriend) | 21 comments I read it and loved it. I liked it better than the last. Really good or maybe I'd been reading a lot of crap books so this one stood out, lol. IDK, but I love it.

message 9: by Armani (new)

Armani clare | 5 comments I was so excited to go and buy it. I'm so happy everyone is saying this book is sort of a recovery! I like River Marked a lot but noticed it wasn't as good. When people ask me why I enjoy this series I have no answer because there is just too much to say. Lol, this is series is the only reason I even read this genre. Nothing has come close to it for me!

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (mybookboyfriend) | 21 comments Far better than River Marked.

message 11: by JP (new)

I haven't finished the third Alpha and Omega yet and Frost Burned is telling me how it ends! =/

message 12: by Megan (last edited Mar 20, 2013 12:50PM) (new)

Megan | 21 comments Jacki wrote: "I haven't finished the third Alpha and Omega yet and Frost Burned is telling me how it ends! =/"

I'm re-reading Mercy Thompson in preparation for Frost Burned, but I've also just started Alpha & Omega. I'm sorry to hear that you got hit with spoilers! Though I'm glad to find out in advance that I should catch up on A&O before starting Frost Burned. :)

message 13: by JP (new)

Megan wrote: "Jacki wrote: "I haven't finished the third Alpha and Omega yet and Frost Burned is telling me how it ends! =/"

I'm re-reading Mercy Thompson in preparation for Frost Burned, but I've also just sta..."

LOL yeah but I'm still loving Frost Burned

message 14: by Sofia (new)

Sofia The Great (sofiathegreat) Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) wrote: "Far better than River Marked."

Thats good to hear.

message 15: by JP (new)

I must be the odd man out by all the comments I'm reading, but I liked River Marked...

message 16: by Meagan (new)

Meagan You're not the only one, I liked River Marked too.

message 17: by Vonetta (new)

Vonetta @ Jacki and Megan...I was trying to figure out, for myself, why I didn't care for River Marked (Mercedes Thompson, #6) by Patricia Briggs as much as other books in the series. It had a lot of Adam, which I love! It had a lot of new interesting characters from Mercys' past. But for some reason I couldn't connect with any of it. Mercys' honeymoon time with Adam seamed forced to me and not genuine. I did enjoy meeting characters from Mercys' side of her family, but that whole River Monster thing had me scratching my head. I was like wtf! I can believe in shifters, fae, ghosts, vampires and witches in this world Patricia Briggs has created, but for some reason that River Monster thing was pushing it...lol! Go figure!!

message 18: by Sofia (new)

Sofia The Great (sofiathegreat) Vonetta wrote: "@ Jacki and Megan...I was trying to figure out, for myself, why I didn't care for River Marked (Mercedes Thompson, #6) by Patricia Briggsas much as other books in the series. It had a lot of Adam, which I love! It had a ..."

@Vonetta, I think you summed up the way I feel about River Marked. I also felt the honeymoon part was boring at times. While all the other books were action packed, River Marked was kinda of a let down.

message 19: by Sara (new)

Sara | 75 comments I liked River Marked. It had a strong Adam focus which I loved - not only on Adam and Mercy's relationship but we got to see Adam interact with non-wolves & Wolf and without having to be "Alpha" 24/7. The River Monster wasn't my favorite bad guy of the series but I did enjoy meeting Coyote & his sisters, Wolf, Thunderbird, Hawk, and the rest. I've always loved mythology - primarily Greek, Roman, and Norse - I knew the basics of the others but the appearances of Coyote in the Mercy books, the Walker Papers series, and the Iron Druid series has inspired me to look into the Native American mythology. For the record, the Walker Papers has the most distant/strange Coyote, the Iron Druid has the most wicked/mischievious Coyote, and Mercy's is a nice mix of the two.

message 20: by Ramplo (new)

Ramplo | 6 comments I totally agree with you guys on River Marked, it just didn't really do it for me. I'm waiting for Frost Burned, I hate spending a fortune on Ebooks and my library doesn't have it online yet :( My parents are mailing me a package on Monday so HOPEFULLY by Friday I'll have the book...depending how much customs hates me this time...

message 21: by Megan (new)

Megan | 21 comments Just finished Frost Burned, thought it was pretty good. Not my favorite in series, but still really good! Oddly, the first two Mercy books remain my favorite. I like Mercy best on her own without being shadowed constantly by wolves. After the events of Fair Game, I was kind of surprised that this one was not heavily fae focused, but I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't read it yet, so I'll leave it at that.

message 22: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Banks | 1 comments I agree that it was better than River Marked. I was also concerned that the series would go downhill like Evanovich and Harris. It is so disappointed for the fans when the writer loses the end and just turns out meanless drivel to meet a deadline. Patricia Briggs did not disappoint!

message 23: by Sofia (new)

Sofia The Great (sofiathegreat) I finally read Frost Burned and I thought it was so much better than River Marked.