Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Nightshade (Nightshade, #1; Nightshade World, #4)
This topic is about Nightshade
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Nightshade by Andrea Cremer → Start Date: March 17th, 2013

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Morganvillechic and I are starting this today!

If you've got it, we'd love for you to join!

Morganvillechic | 301 comments how many pages are we going to read a day?

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments are you starting now?

Maybe we can just check in every 5 chapters and see how far we want to get?

or do you have an amount in mind?

Morganvillechic | 301 comments 5 Chapters is fine and yes i think i am starting now.

message 5: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments okay, I'm starting now too! I'll be back after 5 chapters

hopefully we love it enough to keep going :D
Do you have the physical book or the ebook?

my cover looks like this: Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer

Morganvillechic | 301 comments Physical... Mine Too!!!

Morganvillechic | 301 comments But I think the other one is prettier.

message 8: by Morganvillechic (last edited Mar 17, 2013 05:47PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Morganvillechic | 301 comments Now will we read up to chap 5 or read chap 5?

message 9: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments lol I do too! I like the purple one above!

Yes, read through chapter 5. I think that's 60 pages.

wow, this book is pretty big :D

Morganvillechic | 301 comments Yeah but maybe it will be like catching fire was for me i read it in 3 1/2 hours lol

Morganvillechic | 301 comments I like this one: Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer

message 12: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Morganvillechic wrote: "Yeah but maybe it will be like catching fire was for me i read it in 3 1/2 hours lol"

wow, fingers crossed! that would be great if we read it that quick! LOL!

Morganvillechic | 301 comments OK i'm done with the first five chapters how about you?

message 14: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments yes, that was a crazy 5 chapters.

I didn't think he was having a seizure...but to convulse from discussing a taboo topic. Talk about a censored school...

lol

I'm good to keep going! 5 more?

Morganvillechic | 301 comments Yep this time i'm going to read in the bath so maybe more but right after that i'm going to bed..... so however much you want to read

P.S. I HATE Calla's mom. lol.

message 16: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments yeah, her mom sucks.

But I dislike Sabine much much more

Poor Shay, I hope she gets to talk to him soon....

I hope you like the next chapters.

check back in tomorrow?

Morganvillechic | 301 comments I don't mind Sabine now that I know... I decided to take a quick shower instead so I can talk.

message 18: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments lol

yay.

You don't mind Sabine because you know...? that she's one of them?

message 19: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Okay, Sabine is slightly forgiven...since I know she's protecting (view spoiler)

but Efron! (view spoiler)

Morganvillechic | 301 comments Exactly!!!, sorry didn't want to spoil it

Morganvillechic | 301 comments I'm heading to bed.

message 22: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments goodnight! :D chat with you tomorrow

Alexa | 932 comments I liked this one but it was the first wolf-featuring book I had ever read (I never read about wolves) so you guys might see this differently if you've read other books that feature wolves.

This was so intriguing! I really liked Shay, not a big fan of Ren (his alphaness doesn't do it for me. He is an alpha and all but ugh still no excuse to be like he is) and the ending...... shocker. I'll be stalking this thread. :)

message 24: by Alexa (last edited Mar 17, 2013 11:39PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alexa | 932 comments Oh and I don't know but I felt connected to and liked the side characters more than I liked Calla. I think I found her pretty annoying.. and with the choices she took :/

but omg did you guys read how they were so rude to Shay in the first chapters WOW, I seriously wanted to slap them all, poor guy....especially Ren what a #%>$*

Alexa | 932 comments One last thing LOL, If you guys end up liking this one then I'm all up for joining to read Wolfsbane (Nightshade, #2) by Andrea Cremer !

message 26: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Alexa wrote: "Oh and I don't know but I felt connected to and liked the side characters more than I liked Calla. I think I found her pretty annoying.. and with the choices she took :/

but omg did you guys read ..."

They were SO awful to Shay! and man, he took the bullying and them being rude like a complete champ

I already REALLY like Shay. Ren - ugh! I already dislike dislike him.

I really like her little brother and Bryn too!!! They seem so sweet.

Everyone else, I'm a bit lost because there are just SO many side characters - because they are a wolfpack. lol

no, I don't normally read wolf/werewolf books so this one is just really interesting so far....

message 27: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Alexa wrote: "One last thing LOL, If you guys end up liking this one then I'm all up for joining to read Wolfsbane (Nightshade, #2) by Andrea Cremer!"

fingers crossed I like it! :D I'll keep you posted!

message 28: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments did you guys see the .5 novella: Shadow Days (Nightshade, #0.5) by Andrea Cremer

it's here for free: http://www.nightshadebook.com/assets/...

Alexa | 932 comments what?! I had no idea. Thank you so much!!

message 30: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Okay, I've read the novella and I loved it (It's from Shay's perspective!)

Have you guys also seen Shay's Facebook page?!?! He uploaded videos AND photos of the things from the library (novella)

anyway, now I'm about 200 pages into the book - Chapter 15.

And I'm a little lost on the history going on.. Do you understand where everyone fits into this hierarchy/lineage thing?? I'm a little lost....

Alexa | 932 comments The Keepers are on top, then we've got the pack (Bane-pack and Nightshade-pack) "leaders" Efron Bane & Lumine Nightshade, then we've got our alpha couple, Ren & Calla..
yeah.. do you understand now??

I remember I had to go back a couple of pages every now and then to remember who that was who and which pack they were in..LOL. But I think I ended up putting this post-it note on the cover and it just said the important characters and their roles.

I am reading Shay's novella at the moment!! LOL SHAY'S FEELINGS TOWARDS LOGAN, I couldn't agree more!! Shay is cracking me up :D love his wit.

message 32: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Mar 18, 2013 04:29PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I've got the Keepers and the Seekers
so who are the guardians - are those the packs?
and we have one pack and are in the midst of making a new pack, right?

and the Banes and the Nightshades but they will be called (view spoiler)

Who is Logan and why is he the same age as the others in the new pack but is going to run them? I think he's Afron's son..but if that's the case, why does he trump Ren & Calla?

and who is the girl with the wraiths?
and who is Naomi, is that Calla's mom?
I couldn't figure out who all the people were in the meeting at Eden (the club)

and her parents are in a different pack, is that the same pack Shay's "uncle" Bosque Mar?
and who is Basque mar? Guardian or keeper?

ugh..I'm so lost! LOL

message 33: by Alexa (last edited Mar 18, 2013 04:47PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alexa | 932 comments The Guardians are those in the packs, the guardians are basically the wolves. There was this story about a Keeper offering a wolf to become half human + half wolf and ever since they've been the Keeper's warriors.

Yep, they're combining two packs. The teens Bane pack and Nightshades. = (view spoiler)

Logan is the son of Efron and Efron is a keeper. They're not wolves, they're....witches/warlocks I guess. Logan has basically been given control of Calla's and Ren's pack because of his inheritance. Every pack has a Keeper as a head and after the Keeper comes the alphas.

Lumine is the one with the wraiths. The wraiths are like the Keeper's personal guardians or something. Horrible creatures......

Naomi is Callas mum yes.
uhm that meeting I'll have to check the book..don't think I remember that properly.

Bosque Mar is a Keeper.

And no he isn't the Keeper of any pack. Lumine Nightshade is the Keeper of Calla's parents pack.

Alexa | 932 comments Lumine isn't the only one that can summon the wraiths though, but, where you're reading so far - she's the one they're talking about with the wraiths =)

message 35: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments wow, okay, I think that pretty well covers it! thank you!!! LOL! That is a lot clearer! :D

message 36: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Okay, I stopped at chapter 20. Morganvillechic, what do you think so far??

Morganvillechic | 301 comments Its good I haven't been able to read much I worked out for 5 1/2 hours straight and I just got home lol. I'm on pg 185

Morganvillechic | 301 comments I always read Supernatural books so i'm kinda disappointed with the story its not as in depth

message 39: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments it's not very in depth. I'm a little lost (as you may have seen above! LOL!)

Morganvillechic | 301 comments Yeah I like this series way better: Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs lol

message 41: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments lol that one sounds good! added to my TBR list :D thx!

message 42: by Niámh (new) - added it

Niámh | 192 comments (anybody notice what date the start date is :))

This book has been on my TR list for ages cant wait to read it.

message 43: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Alexa wrote: "One last thing LOL, If you guys end up liking this one then I'm all up for joining to read Wolfsbane (Nightshade, #2) by Andrea Cremer!"

I'm totally up for reading book 2!!

I wasn't a huge fan until the last like 1/3 of the book. I loved the ending!!!

ready for book 2!

message 44: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Okay, Morganvillechic, I'm done! Ready to chat when you are! :D Keep me posted!

Morganvillechic | 301 comments I'm done too!!!

message 46: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments WOW! 1 star?!?!?! tell me all about it!!

what did you like and what did you not like?!

message 47: by Shana (new)

Shana Harris | 200 comments What book have 1 star

message 48: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Morganville chic only gave this book a 1 star rating but I gave it 3

um, this book: Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer

message 49: by Shana (new)

Shana Harris | 200 comments oh, why gave is book 1 star and called me on the phone

Morganvillechic | 301 comments oops sorry, Trisha I didn't like it because it was not in depth and I think some of the characters were too similar

« previous 1