Role Play Galore! discussion

1x1's > **Reader the Fish and Becks**

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Zeno (becca_zeno54) | 857 comments Mod
Okay, so here is where we will Role play at. First, we discuss what to RP about :)

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) okay. what are we going to role play about?

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

What do you want to do? Are you more of a reality person, or fantasy?

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) I don't know...maybe reality, but what will happen if I chose one of them?

Sorry if it's frustration you about this...

message 5: by Rebecca (new)

No no! It's fine. This is just to get you brainstorming. Pretend you're writing a book. Would you like to write about fantasy, history, romance, high school, etc? Then we can go from there. Just pick a topic that you like to write about.

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) hmmm...I would say something in between romance and high school. I like history and fantasy, but I think it would be challenging for me. Is that okay?

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

Sure! Now, do you know what a charrie is?

message 8: by Rebecca (new)

I have to go but I'll be on later tomorrow ;)

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) nope no clue. So this is like making a computer game avatar? I getting there...

message 10: by Reader the Fish (new)

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) okay, thanks for the help so far. :)

message 11: by Rebecca (new)

Yeah! Kind of :)

A charrie is just the characteristics of a character. The main things you need are these...

Name:
Personality:
Appearance:
Other:

message 12: by Reader the Fish (new)

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) Gosh...this is challenging. I don't think I can get this at the top of my head.

message 13: by Rebecca (new)

Psh! It'll be easy! I learned this in a few days, everyone is different when they create charries though. Some can be as long as...

Name:
Nickname:
Date of Birth:
Personality:
Appearance:
Family consists of:
Relationship statues:
Pets(If any):
Other:

Or they can be as short as...

Name:
Personality:

Which is basically what we have to start off :)

message 14: by Reader the Fish (new)

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) Okay, because its more like the high school/ romance thing, I will make it more realistic.

Name: Skye
Appearance: raven haired, almond green eyes, olive skin.
Personality: nice, nerdy, respectful, genius, can be stubborn

Something like that?

message 15: by Rebecca (new)

Yeah, and sometimes you could add an appearance of what the person looks like. A good site would be deviantart.com or something :) But some pictures on there aren't clean, I must warn you.

Here's my charrie.

Name: Shiloh Woodsen
Appearance: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_f09YP6bu4Vw... Has blond messy hair with brown nature highlights, has brown chocolate eyes and likes to wear sunglasses, tan skin.
Personality: Very laid back, has a soft British accent, fun to be around, lightens the mood, gets decent grade

message 16: by Reader the Fish (new)

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) I don't think I will need a picture now...thanks for the suggestion, though.

message 17: by Rebecca (new)

Yup :)

Now, some people may ask for a plot, or if you just want to wing it.

When they ask this it means, do you want to plan out everything, or just go with the flow.

If you choose to plan everything out, then it's just like the main parts of a book. You just start stating things that should happen, preferably in chronological order.

If you want to wing it, you just start typing about your character in 3rd Person.

Notice I bolded third person. You aren't going to write as if the reader was the character. You write like.. Skye walked into the halls... But you should already know perspectives.

Also-I made this mistake myself on one of my first RPs with someone- you write as your character, not as the partners. It was my first time and I was really excited. We were going to do something like a Maximum Ride book. I wrote as if I was the other girl and it totally mixed us both up, so just a heads up on that!