Hunting Truth (Orion the Hunter, #4) Hunting Truth discussion

release date

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Isobel (new) - added it

Isobel Maciver when will the 4th book be out

message 2: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Scheduled for release the last week of March, 2013.

message 3: by Suzanne (new) - added it

Suzanne Its the last week of march.

I've read all 3 previous books in 3 days. My wedding planning has been severely disturbed. As in ... "what do you mean i need to exit the house and take the bridesmaids for shoes?!! I'm reading here people!!"

I love this story. Possibly too much. To get right to needing the last book just NOW and be thwarted is a little upsetting.

Now i actually have to resume reality. This is not good. I just wanted one more day of blocking out everyone telling me how much stuff i haven't got done yet .... seriously mother-zilla-of-the-bride will take advantage of this current reading lull.

Save me J.D. Chase!! Release the book!!

message 4: by Isobel (new) - added it

Isobel Maciver its now thw 1st of april its a pity there is nobody to tell us if there a new release date

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Where for art thou Lucas? Puleeeeeez Ms. Chase, when will we get this book?

message 6: by Jackie (new) - added it

Jackie Richardson Where on earth is the 4th book. I check Amazon every day :-(

message 7: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa Omg I'm on book 3 and I feel sick that the last book is not Released.I am wondering when it is coming:(

message 8: by Tara (new)

Tara Zormier Not to sound like an echo but Damn I NEED the next book! I have been waiting forever! I would at least like a release date...I know that a good book takes time but I need something to hold onto here! PLEASE hurry the hell up! I will gladly send J D Chase a shit load of coffee if you could speed up the process!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

She had a death in her immediate family so the book is delayed.

message 10: by Pam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pam I've resigned to the fact that we will be left hanging forever with no ending ever for this series.....that's really a shame it was really good story.

message 11: by Pam (new) - added it

Pam Cain So so sorry for your loss. God Bless you and your family. On a lighter note please, please give us patiently waiting readers a release date or at least an estimate. Please.

message 12: by Pam (new) - added it

Pam Cain Me again. I understand and sympathize with having a death in the family, but it has been months now. At the very least can we ALL please and there are many of us, please at the very least have a response. That would be very professional.

message 13: by Kendra (new) - added it

Kendra I agree!!

message 14: by Kendra (new) - added it

Kendra Pam wrote: "So so sorry for your loss. God Bless you and your family. On a lighter note please, please give us patiently waiting readers a release date or at least an estimate. Please."

It's been half a year now. Obviously she isn't releasing the book. She was making excuses before the release date.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm disappointed too I was looking forward to the 4the book,

message 16: by Cava (new) - rated it 1 star

Cava JD Chase posted at UK Amazon a very sad update on 27/7. I can't imagine hard times she and her family has been put throught, but I hope every day will be at least a sligthly better for all of them...

Hello everyone. JD Chase here. I had hoped to keep my private life private but I also feel that you, as my loyal readers, are due an explanation. I might delete this post after a while though. Firstly, before I explain, please allow me to apologise profusely for both the delay in publishing Hunting Truth and for my lack of contact. After reading my explanation, I hope you are able to understand. If anyone has anything they'd like to raise in private, please contact me by email: jdchase@mail-me.com. Secondly, thank you all so much for your messages of condolence and support. They meant more than you know.

It was my husband that was killed. The exact circumstances aren't clear but there is an ongoing police and coroner investigation. I had the unenviable task of identifying his body, which is difficult in any event but in this case was particularly difficult. It made me very, very ill. Please forgive me for not wanting to give out too much information and please respect my family's request for privacy. I also don't know what I can and can't say because of the ongoing investigations. That in itself, was obviously enough to blow the bottom out of my world - and our children's. But the difficulty I had with my writing is that some parts are lightly or even heavily influenced by real life events. This is particularly true of this book - and not all of it was about the bedroom scenes. One chapter was loosely based on something that happened between my husband and I with negative consequences. I couldn't bring myself to publish that so I had to wait until I was strong enough to read and then amend the book. This meant changing the plot - the state of my mental health was not good and I made a real mess of it. I was very conscious of letting you all down and I tried to plough through it even though I wasn't fit to write. I had to break away and return to it when I was stronger. My editor has the mammoth task of attempting to make sense of it in the next few weeks. I cannot promise an exact date but it should be out by the end of August. I hope you understand. As a gesture of goodwill and thanks to you all for standing by me, and as long as Amazon will allow it, I will make the book free for a day or two and I will give you the heads up on here when I upload it.

I am feeling more human now so I will be in more regular contact. I'm not even going to continue my ongoing battle with Amazon - I just don't want to upset my readers. I hope you understand the difficulties that I've faced. I did not wish to be disrespectful to my husband's memory and I felt that I would have been, had I published. Oh gosh - I've gone and done what I swore to my children that I wouldn't ... I've given out private information. But I think I owed you all a full explanation.

My readers really are the best and I cannot thank you enough for standing by me. You're the reason that I was able to write again. And I'm starting work on a related project - no serialised novels though. I've learned my lesson. More info once it's done and with my editor.

Thank you all again. You are just brilliant!

J.D.C.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

JD Chase there are no words that can ever express my sympathies for your loss. Certainly you needed this time, and I am glad to see you writing again. I am sure it will be a great book. Know that you are continually in my prayers and that it takes great courage to share this painful time in your life with your readers. I am proud to be considered one of your greatest fans. Gods Blessings to you and your family.
Donna Nekarda

message 18: by Pam (new) - added it

Pam Cain God bless you and your family. You all have prayers.

message 19: by Eirinn (new) - added it

Eirinn I just saw today that the 4th book is going to be available on Smashwords by this Friday 1/31/14.