Anti-Asshat Indie Authors discussion

Fun Stuff > Crazy Survey

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Fernau (DavidFernau) | 42 comments Just to see what kind of discussion this starts...

Do you "unscrew" your Oreos before eating them? :)

message 2: by Krista (new)

Krista D. (kristadb1) | 51 comments I've never eaten an Oreo in my life. I've tried things with crushed Oreos in them and ick. Don't like it at all.

message 3: by Armada (new)

Armada Volya | 130 comments I don't eat them. I'm vegan and go for natural and organic foods, so oreos are out for me. If you want to talk about coconut ice cream though...

message 4: by Rick (new)

Rick Gualtieri (rickgualtieri) Geez...what's with all the Oreo hate? :) Personally I prefer chocolate chips, but I have no problem if Oreos are all that's waiting for me in the cupboard.

Oh and I typically just eat them. I have no patience, I'm all about the instantaneous gratification. ;)

message 5: by David (new)

David Fernau (DavidFernau) | 42 comments Kathy wrote: "You unscrew double Oreos so that you can stick two double fillings together! We don't actually get the double ones here but I have a friend who has access to shops on a US military base."

So that would make it a quadruple filling?

I think that sounds like Oreo heaven. :)

message 6: by Krista (new)

Krista D. (kristadb1) | 51 comments Armada - a lot of Oreos are apparently vegan! I was rather surprised by that.

message 7: by Rick (new)

Rick Gualtieri (rickgualtieri) We had some gluten free oreos knockoffs in the house for a while (one of my kids was on a gluten free diet for a a year or so). Wasn't as bad as I'd have thought they'd be.

message 8: by David (new)

David Fernau (DavidFernau) | 42 comments Rick wrote: "We had some gluten free oreos knockoffs in the house for a while (one of my kids was on a gluten free diet for a a year or so). Wasn't as bad as I'd have thought they'd be."

Speaking as a former semi-pro chef and fan of Good Eats (AB is my culinary hero), I doubt there's that much gluten in regular Oreos anyway.

message 9: by Rick (new)

Rick Gualtieri (rickgualtieri) David wrote: "Rick wrote: "We had some gluten free oreos knockoffs in the house for a while (one of my kids was on a gluten free diet for a a year or so). Wasn't as bad as I'd have thought they'd be."

Speaking..."

Alton Brown is pure awesome.

message 10: by David (new)

David Fernau (DavidFernau) | 42 comments Rick wrote: "Alton Brown is pure awesome."

I follow him and Robert Irvine on Twitter... AB is frequently very funny, even in tweets.

message 11: by Armada (new)

Armada Volya | 130 comments Krista, a lot of vegan foods contain refined sugar and hydraginated oils. I'm not sure Oreos do, but I prefer going with brands I trust not to have it. I'm a bit of a nut when it comes to that.
I did find a good alternative to oreos though, it's called "get your husband make you giant cookies with a ton of chocolate filing."

message 12: by Elly (new)

Elly Helcl (ellymae) | 118 comments Mod
Oreo's? I haven't had one in so many years...

Now toffee cookies are my weakness...hence why this dieting mama is avoiding them at all costs!

message 13: by David (new)

David Fernau (DavidFernau) | 42 comments Silly Survey #2:

If you won the lottery jackpot, what kind of car would you buy?

message 14: by Armada (new)

Armada Volya | 130 comments I would buy a toy car for my cousins, then use the rest of the money to fix my house.
I don't drive and don't plan on starting to, but depending on how things go might have to get a huge van.

message 15: by Elly (new)

Elly Helcl (ellymae) | 118 comments Mod
A purple Kia Sedona EX, with custom ordered purple interior...for the kids of course...

And a purple convertible for me...with a custom purple interior...

And an electric blue Limo for the husband...equiped with a really expensive driver whose driving record is perfect.

message 16: by The Pirate Ghost (new)

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (pirateghost) A fully resotored A/C Cobra from the 60s.

A nice big Pick-up Truck with an extended cab 4x4, Dual rear ties, and a tow package (With the best interior upgrade available. Probably a Ford).

Is my redneck liniage showing?

message 17: by Rick (new)

Rick Gualtieri (rickgualtieri) Hard to say for myself. Right now I drive a Honda Ridgeline and I absolutely love it. I have a feeling, though, my oldest son (a diehard devotee to the British version of Top Gear) would have slightly more expensive tastes. :)