Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Chat Room > BEA (BookExpo America) - Anyone been?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Has anyone been to BEA? I may be going and have no clue how it works. By signing up do you automatically get books or do you have to buy them? Are the breakfasts worth going to? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

For those who don't know, BEA is one of the biggest book industry conventions in the USA. It's been held the past few years in New York and there will be a lot of authors, publishers, bloggers, etc there. There is also a Book Bloggers convention going on the first day of BEA. For more information about BEA go to:
http://www.bookexpoamerica.com/Show-I...

Also, for those who can't attend, there is an Armchair BEA blog:
http://www.armchairbea.com/

message 2: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments This sounds neat, Lisarenee. Keep us post on how it goes.

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura (lglovett) | 1437 comments Sounds awesome, I wish I could go. I agree with LK, let us know how it goes.

message 4: by Jex (new)

Jex (jexball) | 2227 comments I've heard of it and briefly followed the blog when I was blogging, but don't know a ton about it. My work schedule didn't allow me to do much with it when it happened so I didn't look at it too in depth.

message 5: by Nicole (last edited May 23, 2013 02:06AM) (new)

Nicole Floyd Hello. I'm new to the group but I wanted to say I did go to BEA several years ago when it was in Washington DC. My friend and I were so tired and jet-lagged and we did not have long in DC so we only did one day at the expo but it was crazy and pretty awesome. They had a huge exhibition floor and there were vendors (book publishers) everywhere. You can basically get ARCs from the vendors and whatever other goodies they might have. We even saw the actor Robert Duvall while we were there. I do not know anything about the breakfast but just going around the book expo was pretty cool. Some of the authors are also present and will sign your books. I think you can also purchase books but I walked away with a lot of books and didn't spend anything. I am not sure if things have changed but I would imagine it would be the same. Hope this helps.
Niki

message 6: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments Sounds really neat, Nicole.