Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Question of the Week > Are You Faithful...

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish (last edited Mar 17, 2013 02:06PM) (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish ... to your perfume? Or are you a fickle wench and flit from fragrance to fragrance as the mood strikes you?

For me, usually in the Spring and Summer months I wear Clinque's Happy. In the Fall and Winter I wear Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker, or Stella McCartney by... well, Stella McCartney. And, regardless of the season, anytime I'm needing something light and soothing, I wear Philosophy's Amazing Grace.

So, what about you? You can tell us and we won't breathe a word.

Remember: What happens in the Question of the Week thread stays in the Question of the Week thread.

message 2: by Kelly (last edited Mar 17, 2013 02:34PM) (new)

Kelly (kcmour) | 2 comments I am mostly faithful! I wear Pink Sugar all the time now. I am allergic to lots of scents, and this is one that I can tolerate....plus my kids think I smell like cotton candy :-)

I can also wear Philosophy Falling in Love and Pure Grace.

message 3: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
When I wore perfume, I was fickle ☺ I wore whatever smelled good at the time. Now with my allergies, I rarely scent me.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Philosophy makes some great scents!! I doused myself in Amazing Grace today!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "When I wore perfume, I was fickle ☺ I wore whatever smelled good at the time. Now with my allergies, I rarely scent me."

What can you wear that won't affect allergies?

message 6: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "When I wore perfume, I was fickle ☺ I wore whatever smelled good at the time. Now with my allergies, I rarely scent me."

i feel your pain, i kinda miss wearing any. if i wanna take a chance its baby powder for me.

message 7: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
UniquelyMoi *Dhestiny* BlithelyBookish wrote: "Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "When I wore perfume, I was fickle ☺ I wore whatever smelled good at the time. Now with my allergies, I rarely scent me."

What can you wear that won't affect allergies?"

Shampoo and deodorant ☺

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (studioeastrat) | 511 comments I flip flop between DKNY Be Delicious and Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy. I like the fruity smell of both of them. But I really don't wear them that often only on special occasions.

message 10: by Minx (new)

Minx Malone (minxmalone) | 2 comments My skin is kind of sensitive so now I stick to the products I know don't irritate me. Dove hair products and Shea butter lotion. No experimenting :(

message 11: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) I used to always wear Dior's Addict... mmm... sex in a bottle. But at $80 some a bottle, it flew off the budget when the kid was born. I miss it so bad... For awhile I wore Lucky You, then I fell in love with Viva La Juicy but right now I've got regular Juicy Couture because I asked for the Viva la Juicy for Christmas but my grandma bought the regular instead. It's ok but not as good as the other. And nothing is as good as the Addict... I love that stuff so much!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Jessica wrote: "I flip flop between DKNY Be Delicious and Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy. I like the fruity smell of both of them. But I really don't wear them that often only on special occasions."

Is that the one in an apple bottle? OMG that's so good!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Kit, have you considered buying a knock-off?

message 14: by Pufcim (new)

Pufcim | 10 comments sometimes i'm cheating her but i always come back to my love ♥pleasures by estee lauder♥ it makes me feel clean fresh and it soothes me, love it:)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Years ago I wore an Estée Lauder scent, but can't remember what it's called.

message 16: by Daisy Sloan (new)

Daisy Sloan | 13 comments I haven't worn perfume in years. Shampoo, body wash and deodorant. That's I wear!

message 17: by Rachel Annie (new)

Rachel Annie (snapdragoness) I'm a cheat! For a while it was L'Imperatrice by Dolce & Gabbana or Be Delicious by DKNY.

Right now it's Guilty by Gucci. And Sephora's great with giving out samples to try.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 9730 comments Mod
My sister has really bad allergies and asthma, and since we share a house, I try not to wear a lot of perfume. I miss it though. I like vanilla a lot, and fresh, light flowery scents.

message 19: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) UniquelyMoi *Dhestiny* BlithelyBookish wrote: "Kit, have you considered buying a knock-off?"

I've never seen one, but if I found one that smelled like it, I'd be on it in a heartbeat!!

message 20: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (studioeastrat) | 511 comments UniquelyMoi *Dhestiny* BlithelyBookish wrote: "Jessica wrote: "I flip flop between DKNY Be Delicious and Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy. I like the fruity smell of both of them. But I really don't wear them that often only on special occasions."

..."

yup it sure is. it's my favorite,

message 21: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) I'm totally heartbroken... I just looked up my old perfume just out of curiosity to see if I could find a bargain and discovered that the people in charge reformulated it last year, taking out half the notes that made it so delicious. Nearly all the reviews I read by people who had loved the original say that now it's crap. Smells like a cheap, watery teenage version of what it used too and is missing the spiciness it had before. I'm gonna cry, that is sad news indeed... crushed my hopes of being reunited with my favorite! :(

Fani *loves angst* (fanip) Perfumes are my big addiction passion besides books and I own over 50 bottles(!). Of course with so many perfumes, I switch on an almost daily basis depending mostly on my mood, but as a rule I tend to wear sweeter/heavier ones in the colder months and lighter, more floral ones in warm weather.

Awilk -never sleeps-  (awilk) | 98 comments I suffer really bad allergies, so I don't wear perfumes anymore. I can't even use scented soaps or deodorants. Back when I could, I would wear what I was in the mood for.

message 24: by Anna D. (new)

Anna D. | 44 comments I'm so sorry for those of you with allergies, that's a real bummer but there are several brands that make hypoallergenic products now - I don't know how great they are though.

I use a lot of scented lotions, body sprays, and perfumes because I can't just settle on one. I love Victoria's Secret Velvet Amber Blackberry Fragrance, but they discontinued it so I bought a few bottles on Amazon and use that sparingly on special occasions. I also use Clinique Happy for most days in the summer and spring, Mariah Carey's Forever for night time parties/dinners, Gap's Dream and Heaven as a daytime default scent, Bodycology's Gardenia when I feel like it, and lastly I use Baby Magic Blossoms lotion when I just want to smell fresh and clean - though this scent fades away after an hour or two.

So to answer the question..No, I'm not faithful :)

message 25: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 13 comments I used to wear perfume everyday when I was in school. I would match the color of the perfume to the color of my outfit(I know crazy). Now I don't wear it ever. I to wear Body Shop Almond lotion everyday and get more compliments on that than I ever did with perfume.

message 26: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I also suffer terribly from allergies so I don't wear perfume. The only brand that doesn't make me break out in hives is Dove - so I use their soap, shampoo, deodorant and body lotion. If they ever change their formula, I will be in big trouble.

message 27: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) I'm a fan of Pleasures and Bath n Body Works Moonlight Path...unfortunately, my hubby is allergic to a lot of scents, so I have to go easy on any perfume or body lotions.

message 28: by Jean (new)

Jean (otakumom) You guys are too funny. Unfortunately, most scents make me sneeze so I don't wear any. :(

message 29: by Sharmila (new)

Sharmila | 67 comments Not faithful at all! I cheat like crazy but not with random scents. I select them based on the event,... Evening , day, hanging out with the girls, husband night out, work, husband night in... Yup, I just need to make sure I get it right for the right event , don't want any confusion... Lol