Bodice Ripper Readers Anonymous discussion

Discussions and Questions > Favorite BR Cover of All Time?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mermarie (new)

Mermarie | 956 comments Mod
Yes, I'm asking that because there are far too many I've not seen, that you've been hoarding. I demand to know what goodies you're withholding. >:D

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 839 comments Mod
The Black Swan by Day Taylor I want the painting :P

message 3: by Mermarie (new)

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "The Black Swan by Day TaylorI want the painting :P"

Hey, that's definitely high up there for me, too. I think we're getting it digitized at some point. -.0 That position is quite famous for covers, isn't it?

Mermarie wrote: "Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "The Black Swan by Day TaylorI want the painting :P"

Hey, that's definitely high up there for me, too. I think we're getting it digitized at some point. -.0 ..."

Love it....:D

message 5: by Willow (last edited Mar 20, 2013 09:44PM) (new)

Willow  | 146 comments My favorite covers always seem to be by Tom Hall. I just love them. But I suppose my favorite of all is:
Bride of the Machugh by Jan Cox Speas

I love that Hall included a ruff. It has to be one of the silliest clothing accessories; consequently it's hard to find any cover artist to include it. But Hall makes it look cool. And there’s so much passion between the two lovers. The looks they give each other is so intense. When I saw the new cover I did a double take. There is no contest. Tom Hall was the master.

Willowfaerie wrote: "My favorite covers always seem to be by Tom Hall. I just love them. But I suppose my favorite of all is:

I love that Hall included a ruff. It has to be..."

My favorite too,along with Duillo and Pino :)

message 7: by Mermarie (new)

Willowfaerie wrote: "My favorite covers always seem to be by Tom Hall. I just love them. But I suppose my favorite of all is:

I love that Hall included a ruff. It has to be..."

I've been browsing his book covers nearly all night---spotting some of them here and there. I feel like I KNOW that character now, if I saw its face. -.- You and I both on the Tom Hall. It's the gothy facet in them all that staples it to my soul. :O

message 8: by Willow (last edited Mar 21, 2013 10:26AM) (new)

Willow  | 146 comments Yes his covers make a huge difference. I was just comparing both of these covers for My Love, My Enemy.

My Love, My Enemy by Jan Cox Speas My Love, My Enemy by Jan Cox Speas

The Tom Hall cover edition looks like an infinitely more interesting book. There's so much emotion. I want to read it now! The second one just looks like a boring romance I’d just pass over.

message 9: by DelilahW (new)

DelilahW (delilahwilson) | 5 comments The original cover for Catherine Coulter's "Chandra".

message 10: by Regan (new)

Regan Walker (regansromance) Willowfaerie: you are so right. For the Speas books I will review on my blog in the next few weeks, I'll be showing both covers. I do not like the new ones as they suggest the "light fluff" historical romances the publishers are putting out these days.

message 11: by Willow (new)

Willow  | 146 comments Regan wrote: "Willowfaerie: you are so right. For the Speas books I will review on my blog in the next few weeks, I'll be showing both covers. I do not like the new ones as they suggest the "light fluff" histori..."

Yes, there's just so much emotion in the Tom Hall covers. I get all swept up just looking at them. These new headless covers are just so blah, as if the stories themselves are headless.

message 12: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) Can't think of an all time fave but here are a few I do like...

Sunset Embrace (Coleman Family Saga #1) by Sandra Brown The Black Lyon  by Jude Deveraux Love Storm by Cordia Byers Bitterleaf by Candace Camp

This doesn't mean the book itself is a favorite.

message 13: by BookLuva28 (last edited Apr 25, 2013 11:53AM) (new)

BookLuva28 | 63 comments I gotta say this Love Me With Fury by Janelle Taylor is one of my favorite covers so far. Although, I haven't read it yet.

message 14: by Regan (new)

Regan Walker (regansromance) Mermarie wrote: "Willowfaerie wrote: "My favorite covers always seem to be by Tom Hall. I just love them. But I suppose my favorite of all is:

I love that Hall included ..."

I love Tom Hall covers. Just did a Facebook post showing several of them. They are amazing.

message 15: by Joeera (new)

Joeera  | 107 comments here are a couple of covers that i love

Satin and Silver by Jane Archer Wanton Slave by Evelyn Rogers Souls Aflame by Patricia Hagan Angel in Scarlet by Jennifer Wilde

Joeera wrote: "here are a couple of covers that i love

Satin and Silver by Jane ArcherWanton Slave by Evelyn RogersSouls Aflame by Patricia HaganAngel in Scarlet by Jennifer Wilde"

Those ones are good ones too Joeera:)