Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

Vain
This topic is about Vain
Authors' Promo/Blogs/Booksites > Free copy of VAIN in exchange for your Amazon review

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jill (new) - added it

Jill Hughey | 59 comments I will give up to ten free ebooks of my new historical romance Vain to readers in Happily Ever After Cafe in exchange for a review from the reader posted on Vain's Amazon page by April 15. I am so eager for reviews because there are certain sites that will not take advertising if you haven't achieved a minimum number of reviews. VAIN was just released on March 1. It is available from Amazon, Kobo, Smashwords, and iBooks. I will either email a file to you in your preferred format or gift it to you from the appropriate site. Vain is about 120,000 words. The back cover blurb follows.

Lily had her life planned, neat and tidy as thread on a spindle, until her mother died and her father snipped at the seams of her future by abandoning Lily in their shop. A nobleman unexpectedly gives her hope when he brings fabric for a special garment. Lily survives on his first payment, and immerses herself in sewing and embroidering an incomparable tunic for him, as her tidy plan continues to unravel.

Theophilus, Lord of Ribeauville, takes his responsibility to his townspeople seriously and, therefore, does not dally with local women. Desire wars with duty when Lily glances up at him while adjusting the hem on his Easter tunic. As her deteriorating circumstances push them together, Theo and Lily learn that the path to his heart just might be through his wardrobe, though the exquisite outfit she creates is the only part of her that fits in his precarious aristocratic world.

message 2: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments If you don't get 10 people then I'd be interested. But put me last.

message 3: by Jill (new) - added it

Jill Hughey | 59 comments Well, Pamela, you are the only intrepid soul who responded. Thank you! If you are still interested, please let me know how you would like to receive the book. I can send you a file, or give you a Smashwords coupon?
Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "If you don't get 10 people then I'd be interested. But put me last."

Leslie (chibilee02) Hey Jill, sign me up! Sounds interesting. ^_^

message 5: by Jill (new) - added it

Jill Hughey | 59 comments Great! What is the best way to get a copy to you? I can email a file in whatever format you need or send a coupon.

Leslie wrote: "Hey Jill, sign me up! Sounds interesting. ^_^"

message 6: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments I messaged you ☺

Leslie (chibilee02) You can send me an email with the format. I prefer it to be in the format to read it on my kindle app. My email is chibilee02@yahoo.com

Thank you! ^_^

message 8: by Jill (new) - added it

Jill Hughey | 59 comments Many thanks to both of you. The files have been sent!

Leslie (chibilee02) The file you sent didn't work on my Kindle app, but I'm still able to read it on my other reading app on my tablet. Thank you Jill and I'll be sure to review it by the due date.

message 10: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments I got it too, Jill. Hope to read it within the week.

message 11: by Jill (new) - added it

Jill Hughey | 59 comments I think I saw your review posted, Pamela. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review Vain. I really appreciate it!

message 12: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments You're welcome ☺

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Jill,
if you're still looking for reviews, count me in.

message 14: by Jill (new) - added it

Jill Hughey | 59 comments Lorraine wrote: "Hi Jill,
if you're still looking for reviews, count me in."

I'd love one. Send me a message with your email address and what format you need. I made a MOBI for the other readers that seemed to work. Thank you!