Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > David Copperfield by Holly Hughes? Say What?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (havan) | 335 comments I recently went in to combine two copies of a book called Clit Notes: A Sapphic Sampler and found a whole series of David Copperfield books listed.

I'm guessing that there's something wrong here. Can someone in the know advise?

http://www.goodreads.com/book/combine...

message 2: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5034 comments Why they are there I can figure is because one (or potentially more) editions has her as primary author. Her or a namesake that is. Difficulty will be finding the exact edition(s)...

message 3: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments Someone had combined this book with the actual David Copperfield, which is why it showed up on her combine page. It's been separated, so it all looks good again.

message 4: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (havan) | 335 comments Thanks for sorting that out! Still, a food writer, lesbian playwright, travel writer AND Dickensian scholar. That's a Renaissance woman.

message 5: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2459 comments I cleaned this up a bit.

Holly Hughes the lesbian playwright is now Holly 2^ Hughes.

Holly Hughes the Dickensian scholar is now Holly 3^ Hughes.

Several others had appropriate middle names/initials to add.

As far as Holly^Hughes is concerned, the Best Food Writing Books and Frommer's books definitely go together. The About the Editor blurb in the back of Best Food Writing 2012 says she is the former executive Editor of Fordor's travel Publications and author of Frommer's 500 Places for Food and Wine Lovers. The American Girl Mystery Hoofbeats of danger is also attributed to the same author as per the About the Author section. The only book left that I can't positively attribute to her is The Reading Group Book.