The Selection (The Selection, #1) The Selection discussion

Movie???

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Olivia I went to imdb.com and searched the selection and two movies popped up one coming out in 2012 and one coming out in 2013 some of the actors are the beam but others are different. I am so confused can anyone help me?

Emily Olivia wrote: "I went to imdb.com and searched the selection and two movies popped up one coming out in 2012 and one coming out in 2013 some of the actors are the beam but others are different. I am so confused ..."

i thought they were making it into a tv show???? im confused too...

Emily actually i just went on imdb too and it showed a tv series that they were supposed to make in 2012 but i believe got canceled, lack of director, producer, etc... but i think they are still trying to make one for 2013. they already have all the cast except for america and maybe a couple others so i really dunno wats going on.

Olivia thanks

Jennifer Originally, they had tried to make the book into a television series. The Pilot episode, failed, basically, so they cancelled the show. They are going to try and remake a pilot episode and see how it does. If it goes well, gets good ratings, then they will continue on with the series. If not, they will again cancel it.

Olivia so the one that's suppose to come out last year failed and the on that's coming out is trying to become a show?

Jennifer Yes. This is an excerpt from the script...
[America, disturbed after her conversation with Sylvan, enters to
find Maxon, casually lounging on her bed. She’s surprised,
confused.

AMERICA
Sorry, I must be in the wrong room-- But she sees a nightgown laid out on the bed, her old clothes hanging in the wardrobe... and puts the pieces together.

AMERICA (CONT’D)
Or you are.

MAXON
I’d introduce myself, but... why state the obvious?

AMERICA
Prince Maxon... what’re you doing here?

MAXON
(grins)
Or maybe I should state the obvious.

It’s all just too much. Despite Sylvan’s warning not to make
enemies, America takes a deep breath, and --

AMERICA
I want you to leave.

Maxon raises a skeptical eyebrow. He gets off the bed, approaches America.

MAXON
Really?

AMERICA
Definitely.

MAXON
Interesting.

Not the response she expected.

AMERICA
Really?

MAXON
Definitely.

AMERICA
Why?

He’s got her backed against a wall now.

MAXON
To start with, women don’t usually talk to me like that. Men either,
for that matter. And from a Labor classer, no less. I’m impressed.
(beat, leans in)
The question is... what am I going to do about -- OUCH!
America’s foot has just connected with Maxon’s shin.

MAXON (CONT’D)
What the hell?

America realizes what she’s done.

AMERICA
I’m sorry. I know you’re the Prince, but... will you just go?

MAXON
You’re serious. Fascinating.

AMERICA
Or... you could send me home.

Maxon assesses her, truly assesses her, for the first time.

MAXON
No... I don’t think so.
(beat)
I haven’t had this much fun with a girl who wasn’t naked in... ever.
Imagine how much fun we’ll have when I finally get you into bed.

AMERICA
That’s not gonna happen.

Maxon tucks a stray hair behind America’s ear.

MAXON
Your certainty is adorable.

AMERICA
And you, Prince Maxon, have no
shame. ]

Crystal Gessler Dont know if i like it or not? Just thought maxon would be kinder in a strong way. I guess this his him putting on a show to seem almost king like?

Emily I find they got maxon all wrong, no wonder the first attempt at a show failed...with that script, no ones gonna wanna watch it, unless maybe they havnt read the books or are just watching to see how horribly it fails.

message 10: by Sorrel (last edited Jul 10, 2014 09:17AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sorrel No No No no no no no no no no no no no! Maxon is NOT like that-it's all wrong, wrong, wrong. He'd never even had any experience with any girls in the book. For goodness sake they're making him look like a total player- A sexist player at that! Damn you TV producers! You're even worse than the film industry.

Jennifer Yeah, I suppose they are making him look like that to sell the "sexy bad boy" image that a whole bunch of people like.

Sorrel Jennifer wrote: "Yeah, I suppose they are making him look like that to sell the "sexy bad boy" image that a whole bunch of people like."

I suppose, but it's not very true to the book is it?

Lorena Haro Im just crossing my finger that this book get the pilot aproved by THe Cw

fiction.prescription It would be amazing if they made a movie of the Selection - except if the character's personalities were changed it just wouldn't be the same. I would absolutely HATE Maxon if he were like this. I'd be like, NO, America! Go home, right this second!!!!!

Jennie They will make it into a movie?Interesting!I knew they were making a tv series about it not a movie..But it's ok if they want to make it a movie or a tv series about it,it would be perfect both ways!Btw what are you talking all about??they will change Maxon??This handsome,gentle and good guy into a kind of sexy bad player??What do they have in their minds?What are they thinking?He doesn't talk like that and he doesn't act like that...

Olive awesomeness! IF MAXON IS LIKE THIS ON THE TV SHOW, THEN I WILL BECOME TEAM ASPEN!!!!

Olive awesomeness! IF MAXON IS LIKE THIS ON THE TV SHOW, THEN I WILL BECOME TEAM ASPEN!!!!

Jennie Olive wrote: "IF MAXON IS LIKE THIS ON THE TV SHOW, THEN I WILL BECOME TEAM ASPEN!!!!"
+1 Agree!!I will do that too if they do such a crime on Maxon's personality... -_-

Sarah Friend So... is there a pilot for the tv series out already then? or is it still coming? :) Thanks!

Kerena the tried to remake the pilot again in 2013 but it again it cancelled apparently. I really think it should be 3 movies not a tv series

Kerena *they

message 22: by Neha (new) - rated it 4 stars

Neha Ew That was Soooo NOT Prince Maxon we know.

Janie i really think the books should stay as they are. books. sometimes turning the plots and characters that we have come to love as words on bound pages into a different media, can ruin the whole story together. i believe this is one of those times. Plus if they wanted to turn it into a tv series, they should base most of the filming like the bachelor. since that is kinda what it is like except we get more of the behind-the-scenes stuff.

Natasha Lumley Sorrel wrote: "No No No no no no no no no no no no no! maxon is NOT like that! It's all wrong wrong wrong! He's never had any experience with any girls! For goodness sake they're making him look like a total play..."

OMG yes why is he a womanizer!? He hasn't even kissed a girl and is sheltered in the castle his whole life!! Gah why do they bother

Natasha Lumley Wouldn't watch this if it made me turn team Aspen

Amphitrite It was supposed to be a tv show but they never aired the pilot because it was shut down before they could put it on public. This needs to become a movie! Where can we find someone who can make it happen? And the director better be good not the one who did the Percy Jackson movies or Avatar the Last Airbender

✩K. B✩ They are fake I guess. But I want it to be a Movie or a TV series. Whatever! And yes the director and producer should be good and the cast should be A-wesome.

Gurneer Sidhu They have just announced that they are making a TV show of it on Netflix. No one knows much about it, except that the director is a woman named Haifaa Al-Monsour, who is the first female Saudi Arabian director.

Katie who else is psyched for the adaption!!! can't wait to see the cast