Anime, Manga, & More discussion

Just For Fun > Fan Fiction

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caramel Cat (new)

Caramel Cat Universe If you don't know what fan fiction is yet here is a summary of what it is:
Fan Fiction- is a story that is took from the original story that cross over stories, change stories like to if this happened, or change the original story in the the person who wrote it wanted it to end.

My brothers are addicted to Fan Fiction and I wanted to know what the fuss was about, so please post some of your favorite Fan Fiction in this discussion, so I can learn what the fuss is about.

If you want to read some Fan Fiction here is the link: http://www.fanfiction.net/

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Fanfiction isn't just that. It's any story involving characters that aren't yours, whether in a universe that's canon or not. That also means there are very mature themes in many of them (particularly anime fanfiction), and if you're using that website, I suggest you be careful ^^ My username on there is Gilbert's Left Arm if you wanted to check out my stories, although age ratings vary :)

message 3: by Caramel Cat (new)

Caramel Cat Universe Oh okay well sorry if my bad definition of my of Fanfiction is wrong I am sorry. I will look up your stories. Thanks for the info!(>‿◠)✌

message 4: by Elysia (last edited Mar 18, 2013 05:28PM) (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) And there can also be crossovers. Crossovers are when one series (let's say, Sherlock) gets mixed in with another one (let's say, Doctor Who) and they become an original story (minus the characters not being the writers). Their plots can be mixed together (a actual plot from the show) or another whole new original plot from the writer.

So, a Sherlock and Doctor Who crossover could have the Doctor appear in Sherlock's world (the Doctor's TARDIS appearing in 221B ) or Sherlock appear in the Doctor's world (him become the Doctor's next companion.)

Does that make sense?

message 5: by Caramel Cat (new)

Caramel Cat Universe Yes!

message 6: by Elysia (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) Aw, your not? How come. :(

message 7: by Caramel Cat (new)

Caramel Cat Universe Why not? (¬‿¬)

message 8: by Caramel Cat (new)

Caramel Cat Universe Oh okay ...

message 9: by Elysia (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) Ohh, I understand that now. (Course, I just read T and under, unless the rating is just for cursing, I don't mind cursing as much as I mind violence and, other stuff. You get what I'm trying to say?)

What type do you write?

message 10: by Caramel Cat (new)

Caramel Cat Universe Yeah what do you write?

Getana Torani  - connectedChaser | 8 comments I write FanFiction too, though not much of Anime for some reason.
ANOTHER thing which I don't think you mentioned is an AU. AU stands for alternate universe. Let's say, Doctor Who, the Doctor never existed, all reincarnations were just normal people. AUs are pretty common too. Maybe a alternate timeline? That counts too. Like, for example, what if, for Puella Magi Madoka Magika, (view spoiler). If you need any tips with what NOT to do with a FanFiction, ask me. I also take Beta Reading on Fanfiction.net, add me saying you want me to be your Beta, and you'll be able to see it. I've been reading fanfiction for 5 years, I know a good one from a horrid one.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

@Kuroi Neko really? Thank you! My old account, MiniHayden has some fics for FMA which have lower ratings, if you'd rather read them. But I wrote them a long time ago so they're not as good as my new ones c:

I seem to go through phases where I read fics for one fandom and nothing else. It's a shame if you're not allowed to read fanfiction, but I can understand why.

message 13: by Minty-chan~ (new)

Minty-chan~ (minty-chan) | 20 comments Kuroi Neko wrote: "If you don't know what fan fiction is yet here is a summary of what it is:
Fan Fiction- is a story that is took from the original story that cross over stories, change stories like to if this happe..."

like doujinshi? i love doujinshi~

message 14: by Elysia (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) Minty-chan~ wrote: "Kuroi Neko wrote: "If you don't know what fan fiction is yet here is a summary of what it is:
Fan Fiction- is a story that is took from the original story that cross over stories, change stories li..."

Yeah, but without pictures! I also love AU's too, they give very neat dynamics to stories that can show you what might of possibly happened if something went another way. Like a possible AU for Sherlock could be (view spoiler), So yeah, fan fiction is pretty neat stuff. If you know what you're looking for. ;)

message 15: by Caramel Cat (new)

Caramel Cat Universe Thanks for your things about fanfiction I am learning more!

Getana Torani  - connectedChaser | 8 comments Just to make one thing clear.
http://www.fanfiction.net/ is NOT the only FanFiction website.
Personally, my favorite is http://archiveofourown.org/ .
Tumblr.com is also great, but it is prone to NSFW and it's harder to find stories. But if you get lucky, you can find a diamond in the rough.

message 17: by Elysia (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) Getana Torani - connectedChaser wrote: "Just to make one thing clear.
http://www.fanfiction.net/ is NOT the only FanFiction website.
Personally, my favorite is http://archiveofourown.org/ .
Tumblr.com is also great, but it is prone to NS..."

Also I here livejournal has plenty of fanfiction also. Though I believe you need an account to view it though.

Getana Torani  - connectedChaser | 8 comments Yeah, that's why I didn't put it down.

message 19: by Elysia (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) Ohhhh, duh. The way my brains works sometimes....

message 20: by Caramel Cat (new)

Caramel Cat Universe ... I didn't know that thanks for telling me!

message 21: by Elysia (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) Welcome!

message 22: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 42 comments I LOVE crossovers but only when the characters stay in character and the story is interesting. Lately I've been reading Sherlock crossovers and I noticed that there is A LOT of Dr. Who X Sherlock X Supernatural crossovers. Anyone know why these three are in a three-way crossover? I'm pretty sure there are other three-way crossover? Can you do that on fanfiction?

message 23: by Elysia (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) Yeah, it's called 'Superwholock', it's pretty popular. I'm not quite sure what the story is behind it but I like it. And yes, you can do three-way crossovers, pretty tricky though...

message 24: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 42 comments Elysia wrote: "Yeah, it's called 'Superwholock', it's pretty popular. I'm not quite sure what the story is behind it but I like it. And yes, you can do three-way crossovers, pretty tricky though..."

Any reason why it's popular? Do they work well or is it because all three are really popular series?

message 25: by Elysia (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) Natalie wrote: "Elysia wrote: "Yeah, it's called 'Superwholock', it's pretty popular. I'm not quite sure what the story is behind it but I like it. And yes, you can do three-way crossovers, pretty tricky though......"

I suppose it's a mixture of both really. I'm not quite sure how it came to be but I believe it's how people thought the characters would work together in different situations and how different they all really are from each other, not to mention that they each have different levels and types of knowledge that could aid one another in a difficult time or battle. And because those are some of the most popular series out there right now!

message 26: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 42 comments Ah, that makes sense. I've read a couple and they sound really interesting.
Thank you. :)

message 27: by Audrey (new)

Audrey ~AudgPaudg~ (audgpaudg) | 123 comments Mod
My bro (FantasyFan101) is writing a FanFic for Super Smash Bros Brawl. I'm writing my own story, but his sounds really cool! You should check him out here on GR!

message 28: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 42 comments Audrey wrote: "My bro (FantasyFan101) is writing a FanFic for Super Smash Bros Brawl. I'm writing my own story, but his sounds really cool! You should check him out here on GR!"

Cool, I'll be sure to check it out!

message 29: by Arielle Rae (new)

Arielle Rae Aguilar | 3 comments Has anyone read Harry Potter x Naruto Crossovers? Some of them are really good and interesting!

message 30: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 42 comments I have and some of them are quite interesting except I'm trying to find ones where the Naruto characters go to Hogwarts. You know any?

message 31: by Arielle Rae (new)

Arielle Rae Aguilar | 3 comments Oh yes! They are the best ones! There are some where the Naruto characters are hired by Dumbledore to protect Hogwarts, while others are where the Naruto cast are undercover as students to be the bodyguards of Harry. There was even one where the ninjas was hired to assassinate the Golden Trio!

Here is one where Sakura and Shikamaru are the main ones guarding the Harry Potter characters http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8184972/1...
(the words are moved to the side at all the chapters except at the beginning so just ignore that)

This one has Shikamaru as a main character
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8184972/1...

and this one has the whole Naruto gang!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6951428/1...

Theyre all ones where the Naruto characters go to Hogwarts

message 32: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 42 comments Arielle Rae wrote: "Oh yes! They are the best ones! There are some where the Naruto characters are hired by Dumbledore to protect Hogwarts, while others are where the Naruto cast are undercover as students to be the b..."

Ok, cool. Thanks!

message 33: by Keith (new)

Keith | 35 comments Is anyone trying out Amazon's new fan fiction platform?

message 34: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Mcelfish | 14 comments Keith wrote: "Is anyone trying out Amazon's new fan fiction platform?"

didn't know they had that. Is it new?

message 35: by Keith (new)

Keith | 35 comments Yes. And very controversial. Not sure if it launched already or what I saw was just the announcement.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/...

message 36: by Elysia (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) Keith wrote: "Yes. And very controversial. Not sure if it launched already or what I saw was just the announcement.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/...-..."

That sounds rather interesting, unexpected, but interesting.

message 37: by Abby (new)

Abby Min | 12 comments Ok. Dose anyone have a fanfic account...... -_- cause I would really like to know what u all can write.... :D I have a account but I don't have any stories uploaded yet.
Ok can I make a suggestion......
If on fan fiction look up Master of Turnips if u like vampire knight yaoi or vampire knight in general......
Btw my account is Wolves368.... :D

message 38: by Kathy (last edited Jan 05, 2014 07:04AM) (new)

Kathy Mcelfish | 14 comments Abby wrote: "Ok. Dose anyone have a fanfic account...... -_- cause I would really like to know what u all can write.... :D I have a account but I don't have any stories uploaded yet.
Ok can I make a suggestio..."

I have an account on there. My username is SailorScorpio 01 (there are no spaces between the o and 0 in my name on there).

message 39: by Uyen (new)

Uyen Do (xxshana97xx) | 6 comments Abby wrote: "Ok. Dose anyone have a fanfic account...... -_- cause I would really like to know what u all can write.... :D I have a account but I don't have any stories uploaded yet.
Ok can I make a suggestio..."

Mine is XxShana97xX

message 40: by Abby (new)

Abby Min | 12 comments Thanks Uyen and Kathy. I will look them up and start reading. I'm sure they will be great.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

I looove FanFiction! Follow me on FanFiction plz. My name id Dtksgirl. I mostly write about tragety, romance, drama, and death...plus Yaoi and mpreg.

message 42: by Elysia (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) I occasionally write fan fiction in my spare time but it really isn't fit for anyone to read...it's not the best.

(It's usually just really dramatic, angst-y stuff)

message 43: by KFelia (last edited Jan 21, 2014 09:13AM) (new)

KFelia | 6 comments Hetalia fanfiction writer anybody?

And Elysia, I can relate. I'm feeling exactly the same way about my fanfictions, haha. :D

message 44: by Elysia (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) KFelia wrote: "Hetalia fanfiction writer anybody?

And Elysia, I can relate. I'm feeling exactly the same way about my fanfictions, haha. :D"

I write LOADS of Hetalia fanfiction, it's really the only kind of fanfiction I write (well, besides SuperWhoLock but yeah).

message 45: by L.C. (new)

L.C. Perry | 22 comments I just recently tried fanfiction! I wrote a first chapter with the anime Dance with Devils :)

If anyone is interested here is the link:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12246002...