Shounen Manga Book Club discussion

Manga > Shounen Romance

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aurora (new)

Aurora I love Nisekoi and how it offers a hilarious romance told from the perspective of a male. Which shounen romances would you recommend?

message 2: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 45 comments Shounen romance....Hmmm.. I need to think on it! I am sure I know one but it just isn't in my head yet

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Volume 01 is a great shounen romance series. The romance isn't the focus, but it is the driving force for the characters' journey. Well, for Syaoran and Sakura anyway.

message 4: by Aurora (new)

Aurora I noticed you talk about that series a lot. Around what volume did it take to make you hooked?

message 5: by Selena (new)

Selena (sailorstar165) | 389 comments Mod
Aurora wrote: "I noticed you talk about that series a lot. Around what volume did it take to make you hooked?"

I was hooked volume one. :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Totally volume 1! I picked it up at the library on a whim and thought it was amazing. I especially love seeing the Cardcaptor Sakura characters all grown up.

message 7: by Aurora (new)

Aurora Do you need to read the first series before you read this one or could you get the gist of what's going on?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

The plots are unrelated. It's simply the same characters in a new series.

message 9: by Aurora (new)

Aurora OK. Gonna give the first volume a try.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool. Let me know what you think. :)

message 11: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 45 comments I need to try Tsubasa Reservoir too, considering how many times people have told me, I am a disappointment lol

message 12: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (juvia_winter) | 46 comments I have really been wanting to read Tsubasa Reservoir since I finished cardcaptor Sakura. I loved it so much I want to see more of the characters! I am quickly becoming a huge CLAMP fan.

message 13: by Ash (new)

Ash | 74 comments After xxxholic & Tsubasa Reservoir, I am now officially addicted to Clamp's work. I just finished Legal/Gohou Drug & Drug & Drop in one night, although I believe(hope) it is ongoing. I. really enjoyed it.

message 14: by Selena (new)

Selena (sailorstar165) | 389 comments Mod
Ash wrote: "After xxxholic & Tsubasa Reservoir, I am now officially addicted to Clamp's work. I just finished Legal/Gohou Drug & Drug & Drop in one night, although I believe(hope) it is ongoing. I. really enjo..."

There are a lot of CLAMP stuff on "hiatus" that will probably never be finished.

message 15: by Brandon (new)

Brandon Varnell | 32 comments For Shounen romances? Hmm. Let's see. well, if we don't include anything from the harem genre in that, I would suggest, Tsubasa Reservoir, Ai Yori Aoshi (don't know if this is considered shounen), Air, Air in the Summer, Nisekoi, Noragami, Accel World has some mild romance, Bakemonogatari, Glasslip, Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru, Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko, Ruroni Kenshin and, yeah...I think I'm gonna stop now. This should be more than enough anime to watch for a few months at least.

message 16: by Terrence (last edited Sep 10, 2016 09:17PM) (new)

Terrence (grnkrby) | 7 comments My favorite is Nozaki-Kun. Comedy and romantic pairings without the drama.

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun, Vol. 1 by Izumi Tsubaki

I like Blast of Tempest's romantic aspects too. But that one is very drama filled.