Robert Jordan's:The Wheel of Time discussion

The Great Hunt (The Wheel of Time, #2)
This topic is about The Great Hunt
The Great Hunt Read Along Part IV

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susan (nrlymrtl) | 110 comments Hello everyone, this week's questions cover Chpts. 21-27. Beware of spoilers! Please join us here or on the blogosphere - whichever best suits you. Enjoy!
http://www.onstarshipsanddragonwings....

1. Rand had quite a connection with that statue that Captain Caldevwin was digging up. What do you think it is?

2. We had quite an informative look into Moraine and Lan's relationship. What do you think about Moraine's actions concerning Lan's bond?

3. Poor Nynaeve had to go through quite a lot in her trials. What do you think each were about (especially that first one....)?

4. Reunion time! How do you feel about all these old faces showing up all over the place?

5. Selene sure showed up at a convenient time didn't she? What do you think she is plotting?

Randall Trussell (randalthor66) | 21 comments As I have read the entire series (the all of the books except the last one several times each), I will only comment on the following:

4. Reunion time! How do you feel about all these old faces showing up all over the place?

It is those scenes that I like the best, and the one in The Great Hunt is probably the best example. As the others see the changes in Rand (not channeling-based) when they get back together and Rand had to take charge of the small group. (Loial and Hurin, then later Selene - though she is a very, very special case which I will not give away to those who have not read far enough, yet.)

I like those parts more than the battle scenes, for the most part. (Though the battle scene at the end of Winter's Heart is one of the best because it has elements/feelings similar to what I get from scenes like the reunions.

The series is just so awesome, I am sure that I will be re-reading it every 8-10 years before I die, and if there is a Heaven, mine will be that world.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I hope you enjoy many, many, MANY opportunities to re-read it!

Susan (nrlymrtl) | 110 comments Randall wrote: "As I have read the entire series (the all of the books except the last one several times each), I will only comment on the following:

4. Reunion time! How do you feel about all these old faces sho..."

I really enjoyed seeing the ladies meet as each of them had met or is friends with Rand, but had not met each other. Very amusing Egwene's reaction.

How did you read Thom's reaction to Rand turning up? I thought his reception was a little luke warm, which makes me wonder what else there is to Thom.