Pelham Lane Equestrian Center discussion

Pelham Lane > The Stables

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by layne (new)

layne Start!

message 2: by layne (last edited Mar 17, 2013 12:09PM) (new)

layne As Demi fluttered into the large equestrian facility, she could almost hear Duke being hysterical like he normally was in the morning. He could be a sweet horse, but the mornings for anyone other then Demi were hell. Sometimes it was a living hell for Demi as well, but she believed that the stocky colt had way too much potential to just be thrown away. She stopped by Aphy's stall and the mare stuck her nose over the stall door, licking her hand as she stroked the mares muzzle. Then, she went down a few stalls and sighed in frustration as she glanced in to see that Duke had nearly unlatched the lock as she had appeared. Most recently, his little trick was escaping his stall.

graham cracker After a 30 minutes of being on the road he pulled into the stables and parked his car next to the managers. He pulled his Keyes out of his car and put them in his pocket, then he opened the door to his car and got out.

message 4: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) Isaac didn't have any training lessons at the moment so he wander around by the stalls. Checking in on the horses whose owners were not there to tend to them at the given moment. He saw a girl walking around and recognized her to be Demi. She was around a lot so he had noticed her before. He stopped at the stall that Tris occupied and smiled lightly as she came to the front to greet him.
"Hey girl. Want to ride?" he asked her.

message 5: by layne (last edited Mar 17, 2013 03:46PM) (new)

layne Demi quickly gathered Duke's tack and set it outside of the stall, stepping into the stall to barely miss one of his kicks. 'Whoa, boy. Calm down, it's just me.' She spoke quietly and slowly he calmed, allowing her to place the halter on his head and clip a lead rope to it to lead him out. She tied him, letting him munch on some oats while she saddled him up. He was calm until one of the owner's dogs ran by and barked, causing him to suddenly spook as Demi started to untie him, causing him to take off completely tacked while dragging his lead rope.

graham cracker Kyle tilted his head to look out the door "hmm?" He said with his eyebrow raised. He watched as a misbehaved horse ran off with a girl struggling to stay on. He let out an annoyed sigh. "Why can't people be more careful?" He asked himself. He grabbed his horse out of his stall and jumped on him. He lightly kicked August on his rib cage to make him bolt out of the barn. He followed after the girl.

message 7: by layne (new)

layne Demi cornered the stocky young stallion between the arena and a empty paddock, watching in slight amazement as he effortlessly jumped the paddock fence. It was a pretty tall fence, and the colt never ceased to amaze her. He slowly calmed, tossing his head and kicking as well as throwing in a few little rears. Seeing that she wasn't going to hurt him, Duke hesitantly approached her, snorting as he gently nudged her shoulder. Demi looked up to recognize Kyle, who must have been chasing Duke down as well. 'I wouldn't come too close, Duke's not in the best mood this morning.' She said a little loudly, to ensure that he heard her.

message 8: by graham cracker (last edited Mar 17, 2013 04:06PM) (new)

graham cracker Kyle sat back and August knew what that meant so he Immediately came to a stop. Kyle jumped off his horse and walked over to the fence. "So I've noticed.." He said and looked at the young brown stallion. "Thoroughbred?" He asked judging by the shape and the energy he has.

message 9: by layne (new)

layne 'He spooks easily, outside of the arena.' She stated as she smoothed down his mane, covering his blaze partially. 'Yeah, thoroughbred alright. He's an off the track train wreck, but he makes one hell of a jumper.' She said, her voice soft so that not to spook the handsome young stallion.

message 10: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) Isaac watched with a small frown as the scene unfolded. He quickly saddled Tris and hopped on her back, making his way out to where the two were.
"Is everything all right?" he asked. Stopping Tris in her tracks.

message 11: by layne (new)

layne 'Yeah. Duke's just having an off morning.' Demi replied smoothly as she affectionately smoothed his mane down slightly, sighing gently as he nuzzled her shoulder.

message 12: by shay arabella (new)

shay arabella (voidkosmic) | 57 comments Dallas Costa walked into the stables, being a newbie she didn't know much people. She sighed softly before walking down the aisle, avoiding people's gaze before stopping in front of Clover's stall. "Hey Clo," she smiled lightly, kissing her horse's nose softly as the white mare nickered softly.

message 13: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) Isaac smoothly dismounted Tris and stood holding her next to him.
"Well if that's all..." He said, looking between Demi and Kyle. A feeling of awkward settled on him and he felt the need to say something else, but couldn't really think of anything.
He cleared his throat and then sighed, "Ok well you know where to find me then." He finished. He mounted and started off in the other direction.
You know where to find me? Honestly? I sound like a freak. He thought.

message 14: by shay arabella (new)

shay arabella (voidkosmic) | 57 comments Dallas glanced around before getting Clover's lead rope. She clipped it to Clover's halter and unlocked the stall door, quickly leading the mare out. She locked the stall door again before walking to the cross ties with Clover. She removed the lead rope and replaced them with the two cross ties before walking to the tack room. She quickly came back out with Clover's English tack. Clover snorted as Dallas saddled her. Dallas removed the crossties and halter the slipped the English bridle on, smiling as Clover easily accepted the bit.

message 15: by layne (new)

layne 'Issac, have you met the new girl yet? We should probably go and meet her.' She suggested and led Duke in and over to Clover's stall, hoping he'd follow. 'Hi Dallas, Im Demi. I'm working here. This is Issac.' She said and offered a friendly hand.

message 16: by shay arabella (new)

shay arabella (voidkosmic) | 57 comments Dallas held onto Clover's reins. She turned around right when a female and her horse walked over. "Oh... Hi. Um, nice to meet you," she said, smiling. She shook Demi's hand for a moment before pulling it back. Clover snorted as she stretched her neck out to Demi and her horse.

message 17: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) Isaac nodded to Dallas when Demi told the new girl his name and held Tris to his side. His dark eyes searched the new girl and her horse. Most of the time he didn't take too much interest in new comers but he wondered if she might be taking lessons or something. In that case he would have to be nice to her.

message 18: by shay arabella (new)

shay arabella (voidkosmic) | 57 comments Dallas glanced at Isaac, she gave him a sweet and friendly smile before turning back to Demi. "Stop it Clo..." She sighed softly, pushing the mares nose back making the horse snort.

message 19: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) Isaac was caught a little off guard by her smile. Usually the girls around here didn't bother smiling to him, knowing that most of their flirting would be met with empty looks or a snort of laughter. But since she was new she knew nothing if this and it was kind of refreshing. So uncharacteristically he offered a have smile in return, but it vanished when Demi looked at him.
Demi was his friend of sorts. She had never bothered him and they occasionally rode together but they did not share much. But that was the way Isaac was with all his friends.

message 20: by shay arabella (new)

shay arabella (voidkosmic) | 57 comments Dallas sighed softly. "Um. It was really nice to meet y'all..." She smiled, tipping her cowgirl hat. "But, I must've say I was just heading out to go and take Clover for a free ride.." She smiled. "Thanks again. It's nice to now someone around here. Hope we can hang sometime soon," she smiled. She whistled low before slipping the reins over Clover's head and neck and swiftly mounting. Dallas looked at the two as her grip tightened on the reins. She got comfortable in the English saddle, "Im sure y'all are busy... But if you're not i guess we can go for a ride together," she offered, shrugging.

message 21: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) Isaac looked up at Dallas and then at the clock in the hall, "I guess I have time." He replied, getting on Tris's back. He hadn't planned on riding with someone else but why not? Tris went over to Clover's side and Isaac looked at Dallas, waiting for her.

message 22: by shay arabella (new)

shay arabella (voidkosmic) | 57 comments Dallas nodded slightly. "Alright, a rides better with two," she said, giving a small smile. ((Should we just say Layne's character couldn't go? Or wait for her? xD)) Dallas patted Clover's neck before urging her forward. Clover snorted before slow trotting forward as told.

message 23: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) ((Well.... I don't think she is on right now so I guess we'll just have to go on without her. I guess we could act like she came with us :/))
Isaac didn't have to do anything before Tris started and matched up pace with Clover and Dallas. She was obedient like this always and sometimes he was convinced that she could read his kind. For she did almost everything he wanted without being ordered to do so.
"I guess some rides are better that way..." He agreed.

message 24: by shay arabella (new)

shay arabella (voidkosmic) | 57 comments ((Mm'kay cx))

Dallas nodded slightly, looking at him. She smiled softly, "Sooo.. we should ride on one of the trails... I haven't been on them yet. Plus, Clovers probably itching to get on trail again, hasn't been on one since we've moved here from Tennessee," she giggled softly.

message 25: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) "Trails it is then," Isaac said with a chuckle. He steered Tris to the right and he began his way to the trail entrance, or rather one of the trail entrances. He looked back to make sure Dallas was following and entered. "This is one of my own personal favorites." Tris snorted and Isaac smiled to himself.

message 26: by shay arabella (new)

shay arabella (voidkosmic) | 57 comments Dallas smiled and nodded. She urged Clover to follow Isaac and Tris onto the trail. Clover tossed her head some as she trotted onto the unfamiliar trail. "Hm, I wonder why," Dallas smirked, glancing around.

message 27: by layne (new)

layne ((You're fine xD I was setting things up this way, guys...At least, I was kind of trying to...))

message 28: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) Isaac looked back at her, a smirk on his lips, "Well I guess you will find out soon enough, won't you?" He retorted. He urged Tris forward a little quicker and was off down the trail. Soon they both came to a lake and he slowed Tris, dismounting. "Here it is." Isaac said to Dallas, motioning around him to the water, "The best place by far to go swimming." He couldn't remember when he had first come across this place or when he had first dived into the waters, but it was kind of like his safe place.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Kyler pulls up into the gravel parking lot and after going to a spot a little ways down she pulls her keys out of the ignition and turns towards the two german shepherds sitting at the back watching her expectantly. She grins before opening the door and whistles sharply. They both hop through the front seat and out the door before sniffing the ground and then turning to wait for her. Kyler smiles before going around back and then pulling out the bags of carrots and apples. She clips the keys onto one of her jean loops and then turns to watch as Ryan pulls in.

message 30: by shay arabella (new)

shay arabella (voidkosmic) | 57 comments Hannah wrote: "Isaac looked back at her, a smirk on his lips, "Well I guess you will find out soon enough, won't you?" He retorted. He urged Tris forward a little quicker and was off down the trail. Soon they bot..."

Dallas smiled lightly, nodding. She giggled softly as she watched Isaac and Tris go a bit ahead, though Dallas kept Clover had a steady pace. She pulled Clover to a short stop near where Isaac and Tris had stopped. Dallas smiled brightly as she looked over the large lake. "And now I know why its you're favorite trail," she giggled, her neon blue gaze softening. "I didn't think there was any good swimming places here, but guess I thought wrong," she commented before dismounting Clover.

message 31: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) "You were very wrong," Isaac agreed, looking out over the water. He had always come her to be alone, but he supposed that he could share his quiet space. His eyes turned to Dallas and his eyes met hers.
"So why did you decide to come here, Dallas?" he asked. He couldn't help but be curious about other people, it was in his nature. Although today might be the first and only time he talked to her.

message 32: by shay arabella (new)

shay arabella (voidkosmic) | 57 comments Dallas sighed heavily, smiling. She blushed faintly as their eyes met, making her look away. "Why did I come here? Oh, well... depends if you're asking about me coming to Maine or the stables. I came to Maine because my mum was born here, and after my dad and her divorced... I stayed with my mum and she made us move here..." she sighed, shrugging slightly.

message 33: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) Isaac nodded, understanding what it was like to have a trouble filled family life. He felt an itch on his back like his mind was trying to remind him of the scars hidden under his t shirt. He went and sat on a log near the water and let Tris nibble on the grass.

message 34: by shay arabella (new)

shay arabella (voidkosmic) | 57 comments Dallas sighed awkwardly before turning to Clover once Isaac had sat on a log. Clover snorted softly as Dallas kissed her nose softly. Dallas smiled lightly, her grip tightened on the reins slightly. Clover nuzzled her shoulder before stomping her hoof some.

message 35: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) Isaac turned to look at Dallas, "Do you want to start heading back?" He asked, one if his eyebrows rising slightly at the stomping of Clover's hoof. Wondering if she was getting impatient and wanted to get back to riding. He stood and walked back over to Tris who had obediently waited for him.

message 36: by shay arabella (new)

shay arabella (voidkosmic) | 57 comments Dallas glanced over at him, "Oh. Sure," she replied, smiling faintly. She patted Clover's neck before moving to the mare's side.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

((Where be Layne? :P))

message 38: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) Isaac mounted Tris and waited patiently for Dallas. He wished at these times that he had better social skills. There was no way she would want him to help her train if she thought he was moody and strange. He had to be more appealing. So when she mounted her horse and looked at him he smiled a real smile at her, with his perfect white teeth showing. He really didn't understand why, but it usually worked on girls, "Ladies first." He said, motioning to the trail leading the rest of the way and back to the stables.

message 39: by layne (new)

layne ༺ Sydney ༻ wrote: "Kyler pulls up into the gravel parking lot and after going to a spot a little ways down she pulls her keys out of the ignition and turns towards the two german shepherds sitting at the back watchin..."

Ryan shifted his weight slightly as he got out of his rust bucket, sighing as he shoved his hands into his pockets. He glanced up to see his sisters horse, Aphrodite, or Aphy, out in the paddock and sheepishly made his way over, pulling a carrot from his pocket. She was on a strict diet, but he fed her sweets from time to time. It lightened her mood. Then he glanced back at Kyler with a slight smirk.

message 40: by shay arabella (new)

shay arabella (voidkosmic) | 57 comments Dallas quickly mounted, getting comfortable in the english saddle and and gripping the reins. She giggled softly at his comment, "Mm, thank you," she said in a almost sing-song voice. She smiled brightly before clicking her tongue making Clover trot forward and infront of Isaac and Tris.

message 41: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 19, 2013 02:19PM) (new)

♥Layne Marie♥ wrote: "༺ Sydney ༻ wrote: "Kyler pulls up into the gravel parking lot and after going to a spot a little ways down she pulls her keys out of the ignition and turns towards the two german shepherds sitting ..."

Kyler smirks slightly before shrugging and then heading into the barn she look over her shoulder. "You look mighty comfortable for someone who doesn't ride." She calls taunting him and disappears into the tack room Dice and Camen following behind her. After setting the waters and food on a shelf she then walks back out and on the way out to the pastures, grabs a smooth dark blue halter, running her fingers over the shiny gold clasp she walks over to Ryan and smiles slightly. Dice and Camen sit at her feet looking around before wagging their tails excitedly.

message 42: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) Isaac followed once she was on the trail and set Tris at a normal pace, keeping a more then needed space between him and Dallas. He wanted the get a better look at her riding style and he did observe her and Clover on their way back. Putting all her faults and strengthens into count. When they finally came around to the open area by the barn he cleared his throat, "So would you maybe be interested in taking lessons from me Dallas?" He asked her, locking eyes once more with the new girl.

message 43: by shay arabella (new)

shay arabella (voidkosmic) | 57 comments Dallas smiled lightly as she rode Clover down the trail, with Isaac and Tris trailing behind them. She sighed softly as they trotted off the trail and back into the stable area. She looked at Isaac as he asked the question, she smiled softly. "Sure. I would love to," she replied sweetly. Clover snorted and tossed her mane some.

message 44: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) Isaac released a breath he had been holding in and actually smiled back at Dallas, his eyes sparkling. "Great. Yeah just sign up on my sheet at the front office place..." He told her. He cleared his throat, "We'll I guess I will leave you to that. It was nice meeting you Dallas." Isaac said as he dismounted and started back into the barn. He needed to put Tris in her stall.

message 45: by shay arabella (new)

shay arabella (voidkosmic) | 57 comments Dallas nodded, "I shall do that," she replied. "Mhm, it was really nice meeting you to Isaac," she said firmly. She sighed softly as he walked off with Tris. "Well Clo... I think we're gonna like it here," she murmured softly, leaning down and wrapping her arms around Clover's neck. The mare snorted softly in reply.

message 46: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) Lia trudged into the hall with the stalls and she was in less then a good mood. As she passed Isaac she didn't even say hi as she usually did. She had been in an argument with her mother again and had lost. Now she was grounded and could go no where except the stables.
She went over to the stall that housed Babydoll and Artie and petted both of their noses. Today she could not ride Babydoll, which drew her to further anger but she didn't say anything, but simply allowed herself to connect with her horse.

message 47: by shay arabella (new)

shay arabella (voidkosmic) | 57 comments Dallas smiled before dismounting Clover. She sighed softly, wandering if she should put Clover away are go for other ride somewhere. She glanced around before walking forward with Clover.

message 48: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) Lia noticed a girl she did not recognize a few stalls down, "Hi!" She greeted, with a huge smile and wave. She was quite known for her enthusiasm.

message 49: by shay arabella (new)

shay arabella (voidkosmic) | 57 comments ((Shes talking to Dallas, right? xD))

Dallas looked up at a voice, seeing Lia. She smiled, "Hola," she greeted.

message 50: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) ((haha yeah she is :D grr you're the only one who will actually role play with me so far....))

Lia approached Dallas and Clover and stuck out a hand in greeting, "I've never seen you around here so that must mean you're new! I'm Ophelia, but I usually prefer just Lia. Ophelia is too much of a mouth-full." She said, rolling her eyes but still smiling, "What's your name?"

« previous 1