All about Writing and Words! discussion

Introduce yourself! > Announcements!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Khione (new)

Khione  (vamplover25) | 981 comments Mod
Hi members! Every month, I will post a comment on this, giving out announcements about this group.

So to start off, I want to offically welcome everybody here and thank you all for joining this group.
I especially want to say thanks to those who have been online and been posting comments. Unfortunely for the ones who haven't posted, I am upset to see so many of you, who don't be active in this group. I know alot of you, would be very busy. But I would like to see the ones who haven't posted anything to at least post something once a week.
I just have to say, if you don't want to be in this group, please let me know or leave. Because I really want to see this group with alot of members who are intrested in this topic than to see members group collect and not do anything.

message 2: by Gabby (new)

Gabby Amber the vamplover! wrote: "Unfortunely for the ones who haven't posted, I am upset to see so many of you, who don't be active in this group. I know alot of you, would be very busy. But I would like to see the ones who haven't posted anything to at least post something once a week."

You go girl!! Stop sneaking around the discussions and POST POST POST!! Or you really shouldn't even be in this group! :)

message 3: by Khione (new)

Gabby wrote: "Amber the vamplover! wrote: "Unfortunely for the ones who haven't posted, I am upset to see so many of you, who don't be active in this group. I know alot of you, would be very busy. But I would li..."

Huh? What do you mean by I shouldn't be in this group and stop sneaking around the discussions?

message 4: by Khione (new)

Do you mean the other members?

message 5: by Gabby (new)

Gabby What?? Oh, I see how that came out wrong. I meant that other members should be more active!!! :)

message 6: by Khione (new)

Oh, sorry, must've misunderstood that. Haha. :)

message 7: by Khione (new)

But yeah, I totally agree!

message 8: by Gabby (new)

Gabby Yeah. It could have been interpreted differently. Sorry about that...

message 9: by Khione (new)

Nah it's cool!

message 10: by Khione (new)

http://business.time.com/2012/07/16/w...

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releas...

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/2012...

Make sure you all check out these sites, they will reveal the history of Amazon past alliences and what will happen to Goodreads.
Thought to warn you all, but fingers crossed that Amazon doesn't betray Goodreads.

message 11: by Khione (last edited May 31, 2013 05:51AM) (new)

And the winner of the book chosen to be our first group read is...........

Mystic the soul seeker series by Alyson Noel!

We will start reading it, next month, maybe. More announcements about it, will be posted before next month!

message 12: by Khione (new)

Hi members
I was wondering what's going on? How come no one has been posting for a while? If something in your life is taking time away from you and you can't post anything for a while, could you please let me know.
Thanks your mod Amber!

message 13: by Khione (new)

If you need more time to get Mystic or to read it. Let me know and I'll extend the time that it's dued.

message 14: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 367 comments Hellooo??

ᑕᗢᗝᒪḰᓮᖙᖇᗢჯ123 ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆ Cool (coolkidrox123) | 261 comments ya know what?? i gottan idea!! we can hold competitons!!

message 17: by Khione (new)

Suggest it in the members only in the mod folder and I'll think about it.
Also Hello Joe, please introduce yourself in the introduction folder.

message 18: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 367 comments Haven't I? Oh... Will do.

message 19: by Khione (new)

Yeah, this page is only for Mods to write in announcements about the group and for the members to read it.

message 20: by Khione (new)

Hello new members!
Please introduce yourself in the introduction folder and if you are chatting with someone, please use the brackets to chat, it's one of the rules of this group. Thankyou.

message 21: by Khione (new)

Hello Members!
We have a new genre on the group read. The Genre will be..........ZOMBIES! I have chosen 6 books that are zombie books and we'll all vote for the one we want.
Thankyou for taking your time to read this.
-A

message 22: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 367 comments ((You're like L, just various letters back, and less awesome in every way...))

message 23: by Khione (new)

((Haha thanks. :) In one of my favourite shows, Pretty Little Liars, the enemy is -A only we don't know who it is and goes by -A. Do you mean Death Note L? He was very good, shame he died.))

message 24: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 367 comments ((Nooooooooooooo! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO TELL ME THAT! I HAVEN'T FINISHED THE SERIES! YOU UNKNOWINGLY EVIL PERSON!!!))

message 25: by Khione (new)

((Oh, I'm sorry! Have you seen the anime series. Sorry! I didn't know. :( ))

message 26: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 367 comments ((Only up to episode 23. You blue meanie.))

message 27: by Khione (new)

((Sorry and I'm not blue. I'm no smurf.))

message 28: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 367 comments ((It's actually a reference to the Beatles' Yellow Submarine animated film. Blue Meanies provided the antagonists. The Beatles provided protagonists. Every song in the album was featured.))

message 29: by Khione (new)

((Haha. Cute.))

message 30: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 367 comments ((I suppose. In what sense?))

message 31: by Khione (new)

((You're analysing again.))

message 32: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 367 comments ((It's not my fault... I have a compulsion...))

message 33: by Khione (last edited Sep 04, 2013 03:24AM) (new)

((Compulsion huh? Don't worry, people think I'm very controlling. The thing that sucks is that they're right. ))

message 34: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 367 comments ((It's either 'people are thinking' or just 'people think'. [If I can't analyse you I will correct you] ))

message 35: by Khione (new)

((Don't correct me.))

message 36: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 367 comments ((I can't do that either?! Awwww...))

message 37: by Khione (new)

((Yep. At least you'll be good at English. :) I'm really tired, didn't get much sleep, which is why, I'm not correcting my grammar properly.))

message 38: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 367 comments ((Well, it's 11:28am here, so I'm fine. And yes, I am rather good at English. Shakespeare is surprisingly interesting.))

message 39: by Khione (new)

((WOW! It's 8:30pm here! I'm good at English too. I did a play of the Midsummer Night's dream, which is Shakespear's play. He's awesome isn't he?))

message 40: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 367 comments ((Yep. The most I can proffer is that when we read Romeo and Juliet in class, I read Father Lawrence. That's the limit of my dramatic performance.))

message 41: by Khione (new)

((Haha. :) ))

message 42: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 367 comments ((Apparently I read it well, but that may just be because of my aptitude for Old English.))

message 43: by Khione (new)

((Great job! :) ))

message 44: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 367 comments ((Whoop! Go me!

*Narcissist*

Yay!))

message 45: by Khione (new)

((Haha! :)))

message 46: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 367 comments ((lol))

message 47: by Khione (new)

(( :) ))

message 48: by Khione (new)

Hello Members

It's been decided by you all. The group book, we're reading is...............

WARM BODIES!

I'll make a group read discussion folder, if I haven't made it yet. Please put down your thought about our previous group read book Mystic and then post a couple comments on the Warm bodies book.
Thank you so much.

Your mod -A

message 49: by Khione (new)

Hello Members

It's been decided by you all, we are going to have more writing competitions. Which is truly exciting!
Already, two competitions have winners, Avalon for the 500 word story and Coolio from the poetry competition.
Congratulations again for your hard work and participation. I also want to say thank you to the others who put in their time to participate in this competition.
I hope that you all win take part in the competitions and have a lot of fun. I have added more activities for you all to do. Such as the group read discussions, Manga discussions, competitions and many more. I am also looking for a partner and hope that you could help me improve this group to it's greatest, that will involve even more people. Please spread word about this group and try to invite more people.
I would be grateful and I am also grateful to the ones who are making the effort of posting a couple comments each week. Thank you so much.

Your Mod
-A

message 50: by Khione (last edited Nov 30, 2013 03:46AM) (new)

Hello Members!

You have voted! The next group read genre is.......
Horror/Thriller books.
So please put down your recommendations on what book to read from the horror/thriller section and I shall put them down in a vote.
Also there is a Mod spot available to those who would like to be a mod. So please don't hesitate to sign up.

Thanks.
Your Mod.
-A

« previous 1