Pirate Romance discussion

Author-Promotion-Pirate Romance > Authors Blogs/Websites: Pirate Romance

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (last edited Oct 17, 2019 10:09AM) (new)

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 549 comments Mod
Are you an author of a pirate romance?
Please let us know of your books and if you have a website or blog.

A reminder again..(new member authors) if you post any thing about your website or books that aren't pirate romance or related to, and dont even write them..I will delete your thread and you.
Please read the rules before you join! Thanks

message 127: by Darlene 7 hours, 34 min ago
Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "LOL! I thought your name rang a bell,I have every one of your books and have them here on our bookshelf as well:)"

Coolness! I love to hear that people have my books.[g] I do have a website, and a blog, and a Facebook page, and a Pinterest page and so on and so on and so on. Two good starting points: www.darlenemarshall.com & https://www.facebook.com/DMarshallAuthor

Thanks for the welcome, and I look forward to spending more time here.

message 3: by Suzie (new)

Suzie Grant (suziegrant) | 44 comments Hey Sandi, I just released the short novella about my regency smuggler called Summons from Abroad by Suzie Grant and I thought you might like to see if it's on Kobo yet. It should be available there soon. This is the story that was in the Anthology published in 2011. I've released it as a single if you haven't checked it out yet.

Another Kind of Paradise is about a third of the way through so the second book in the series is slated for release by Summer. If readers like to check out more about the Paradise series you can find it on my website: http://suziegrantauthor.com/

Thanks for doing this for authors, Sandi. You're the best!

message 4: by Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (last edited Mar 18, 2013 03:44PM) (new)

Hi Suzie! Your new novella looks really good! III check Kobo to see if it is there yet. Oh I am SO looking forward to book 2 in the Paradise series! And let me know as soon as its out I want to re-read the first book again:) For those of you that dont know Wrong Kind of Paradise is the first book,and I have a review for her book(dont know how to link it here) but if you check out the book you'll see it! Thanks for the update Suzie I know you have been busy writing..good to hear its going well:)

Edit: It's not on Kobo yet..they are so slow at getting around to adding the latest books:( I love the cover to this one did you pick/design it?

message 5: by Suzie (new)

Suzie Grant (suziegrant) | 44 comments Hey Sandi!

Sometimes Kobo drives me bonkers lol. They really are so slow. I'll keep checking there, too and hopefully it'll be in the next week or so. It took almost two months for them to get my first book lol. I'll never forget that wait.

As far as the cover for Summons from Abroad goes, I actually paid for a pre-made cover this time. And the artist did a wonderful job. I'm really, super pleased with it. I think it fits perfect. I'm glad you like it, and that it turned out so well.

You've done such a good job with this forum and keeping it running! I love to check in here when I can. I don't always comment every time but I do come to read quite a bit. And Sandi's got the absolute best pirate book list ever! lol. I'll never catch up on my tbr pile btw lol.

You all take care and welcome to the forum Darlene! I love your cover for Castaway Dreams! It's gorgeous! That's another to go on my list though. Good luck and I'll see everyone in a few weeks when I come back out for my recovery of the first-draft syndrome.

message 6: by Darlene (new)

Darlene (darlenemarshall) | 41 comments Thanks for the welcome, Suzie! Congrats on getting your novella out. My TBR list keeps growing and growing and growing...[g]

message 7: by Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (last edited Mar 19, 2013 03:37PM) (new)

Darlene will Sea Change by Darlene Marshall and Castaway Dreams by Darlene Marshall ever come out in paperback? Im in Canada and I keep checking Amazon.ca.

message 8: by Darlene (new)

Darlene (darlenemarshall) | 41 comments Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Darlene willSea Change by Darlene MarshallandCastaway Dreams by Darlene Marshall ever come out in paperback? Im in Canada and I keep checking Amazon.ca."

Hello, Sandi--

All my books are available in paper from my publisher, Amber Quill Press, and from Amazon (US). Here's a publisher link: http://www.amberquill.com/bio_Marshal...

Here's the Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Darlene-Marshal...

Thanks for your interest!

Thanks Darlene,the problem for me ordering from the US is the shipping cost. It's always about $10.00 for each book:( That's why I was hoping they will come to Canada soon..if they do let me know?

message 10: by Darlene (new)

Darlene (darlenemarshall) | 41 comments Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Thanks Darlene,the problem for me ordering from the US is the shipping cost. It's always about $10.00 for each book:( That's why I was hoping they will come to Canada soon..if they do let me know?"

Will do. Perhaps you'll have friends from south of the border come to visit, and they can bring them to you. That's what a few of my readers have done.

Darlene wrote: "Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Thanks Darlene,the problem for me ordering from the US is the shipping cost. It's always about $10.00 for each book:( That's why I was hoping they will come to Ca..."

I dont so I will have to just wait:(

message 12: by Regan (new)

Regan Walker (regansromance) | 36 comments Hi, everyone. I am a member of this group and love it! Since Sandi sent out her message saying you wanted to know when one of us authors was writing a pirate romance, I thought I'd let you know that I'm in the home stretch of finishing the 3rd in my Agents of the Crown trilogy, WIND RAVEN. It not only features a pirate but one who was a real historical person. You can see the trailer on my website here: http://www.reganwalkerauthor.com/nove... (just scroll down to the 3rd book). And, thanks!

Thanks so much Regan for the update on your book Wind Raven!I loved the trailer and can hardly wait till the book is out. So please let us know the release date!I'm hoping you will have it on Kobo as your other books are.
Congrats on getting almost to the finish line and I look forward to reading it:)

message 14: by Regan (new)

Regan Walker (regansromance) | 36 comments Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Thanks so much Regan for the update on your book Wind Raven!I loved the trailer and can hardly wait till the book is out. So please let us know the release date!I'm hoping you will have it on Kobo ..."

Thanks, Sandi. I expect it to be on Kobo and all the other online stores as the first two are. Look for it in Spring 2014 and I will post it to my author's blog that is connected to my Goodreads account, too. Glad you liked the trailer. Made it myself and I'm a complete amateur.

Really?? Made it yourself? Very well done indeed:)
Yes, I will watch for it when it comes out.(love your blog BTW) :)

message 16: by Regan (new)

Regan Walker (regansromance) | 36 comments Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Really?? Made it yourself? Very well done indeed:)
Yes, I will watch for it when it comes out.(love your blog BTW) :)"

Thanks! The trailers were so hard, Sandi. I had a free 3--day trial of Adobe Premier Pro and some free photos and music (and a few I purchased the license to use for under $20). I watched all the You Tube "how to" videos I could find (that I could understand), and then spent about a hundred hours doing the three trailers. They aren't perfect by any means (matching pics to music changes is a delicate business), but they didn't cost me and they tell the stories. It was, for me, a huge accomplishment. And I'm so glad you like my blog!

Well I applaud you,because I certainly couldn't have figured it out, nor had the patience! :O

message 18: by Regan (new)

Regan Walker (regansromance) | 36 comments Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Well I applaud you,because I certainly couldn't have figured it out, nor had the patience! :O"

Thanks, Sandi. I really wanted trailers but couldn't afford them. Since my editor had my final changes on book 2 I had the time to do it.

message 19: by Mimi (last edited Mar 10, 2015 08:54PM) (new)

Mimi Sebastian | 8 comments Thank you for inviting us authors to post about our books! I introduced myself in another thread and am now including information about my website and book. I'm also trying to increase my reviews if anyone is interested in providing an honest review on Amazon in exchange for a review copy. Thanks! Devil's Island

http://www.mimisebastian.com
http://searoverspassion.com

Your book looks good! Thanks for letting the group know about you & your book. It sure sounds good. I will add it to the group bookshelf here and please let us know when the next one is out. I wish you much success with your book! :)

message 21: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Sebastian | 8 comments Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Your book looks good! Thanks for letting the group know about you & your book. It sure sounds good. I will add it to the group bookshelf here and please let us know when the next one is out. I wish..."

Thanks so much!! It's been wonderful writing them and doing the research.

message 22: by Sally (new)

Sally Malcolm | 4 comments Hi Sandi

Thanks for the opportunity to post about our books!

I have a new pirate romance out called 'The Legend of the Gypsy Hawk' (previously published as 'Beyond the Far Horizon'). Here's the blurb:

'The Legend of the Gypsy Hawk' is a fast-paced romantic adventure set in the golden age of piracy – think Pirates of the Caribbean for grown ups. Nothing supernatural, but a wily and seductive pirate captain and a fierce, determined heroine who will do whatever it takes to protect her people.

When Captain Zach Hazard returns to the pirate colony of Ile Sainte Anne, to warn them about the gathering clouds of war, he doesn’t count on falling under the spell of Amelia Dauphin, the beautiful daughter of the island’s leader. Captivated by her adventurous spirit, Zach finds it impossible to leave Amelia to the fate she’s chosen – even when his rival, the privateer captain Luc Géroux, appears to have claimed Amelia for his own.

As the crisis overtakes them, Zach finds himself at the eye of the storm. But then Amelia makes a choice that tears everything apart, leaving Zach to decide whether his love for her will destroy him – or redeem them both in the end.

You can find out more about me and my other books on my blog: http://sallymalcolm.blogspot.co.uk

Thanks so much!

Sally

Thanks Sally for joining in the authors promotion folder and letting us know about your book! It sounds really good and I will add it to our group bookshelf. The more pirate romance books by new authors the better:)
And welcome Sally :)

message 24: by Sally (new)

Sally Malcolm | 4 comments Thanks for the welcome, Sandi. And I agree, you can't have too many pirates!

Sally

message 25: by Jayla (new)

Jayla Jasso | 9 comments Hi everyone! My historical pirate romance Caribbean Jewel is on sale (Amazon ebook) for 99 cents until January 22, at http://bit.ly/caribbjewel. Here's a brief excerpt:

Caribbean Jewel Excerpt 1 – Uninvited Distraction

The rowboat at last rounded the promontory and slipped out of the lighthouse lamplight of the bay. Belardo continued to row steadily in the darkness. He glanced back at Marcano’s wounded arm, indicating it with a nod of his head. “Everything all right, Capitán?”
“Sí, sí. Nothing to be concerned about. Velez will have me fixed up in no time.”
“And the muchacha?”
Marcano looked down at the pale, semi-conscious young woman lying on the floor. Strands of wet hair clung to her softly rounded cheek. He reached down and pulled his cloak to cover her shoulder. “My uninvited distraction for the evening.” He felt behind his seat for the bottle of rum. “I don't know her name, but she's the reason you and I got shot at this evening, old man.”

Again here's the link to the book on Amazon: http://bit.ly/caribbjewel

Go! Get it while it's on sale, and let me know what you think!

message 26: by Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (last edited Jan 18, 2016 11:13AM) (new)

Thanks Jayla for letting us know about your book. It's also available at Amazon.ca for us Canadians but at $3.99. I will also add it to our bookshelf :)

message 27: by Jayla (new)

Jayla Jasso | 9 comments Oh dear...I didn't realize the deal wouldn't work for Canada's Amazon site. Thank you for adding it to the bookshelf, Sandi!

Jayla

Bummer sometimes :(
I wish you much success with your book! :)

message 29: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Flowers (chloe_flowers) | 3 comments Greetings! I'm so happy to have found this group.
Three of my books have been released over the past few months in my Pirates & Petticoats Series. I've finished the 4th (PIRATE HEIRESS) and it's with the editor at the moment, it should be released in early fall.

You can download Book 1 FREE here:
www.chloeflowers.com

Here are the Goodreads links:
Chloe Flowers

Hart's Desire

Hart's Passion

Hart's Reward

Here are the back cover blurbs for each book:

The Pirates & Petticoats Series is about spunky heroines and the scoundrels who love them.

This is a 5 book series:
Hart's Desire (May 2016)

An independent young lady meets a bold merchant captain pursued by a band of Caribbean pirates...what could possibly go wrong?

After a daring escape, Captain Landon Hart sails the Desire to Charleston for repairs and to keep a mysterious appointment with a plantation owner. He meets a sword-wielding, fiery-haired tempest on the way, and he isn't prepared for the impact she has on his tightly guarded heart...nor the trouble she manages to attract.

Keelan Grey had a solid plan that would save her from an arranged marriage to a cruel plantation owner until a deathbed confession from a loved one plunges her into a dark plot of deception and revenge.

Desperate for help, Keelan finds an unlikely ally in the exasperating but irresistible sea captain. But while she trusts him with her life, can she trust him with her secrets?

Hart's Passion (May 2016)
A pirate king and a risky disguise...

Landon and Keelan’s adventure continues in Hart’s Passion.

Captain Landon Hart’s plan to snatch Keelan Grey away from his rival immediately goes awry when pirates kidnap her first. As usual, the red-haired vixen ends up neck deep in trouble, and it’s not long before she has the pirate captain demanding her head and Landon’s merchant fleet. Even worse, should they find out what he’s smuggling in the walls of his hold, all hell will break loose.

Keelan is determined to discover her true identity, however with a price on her head and an old enemy out for revenge, she can no longer allow the man she loves to risk his life for her. One thing is certain, the pirate Gampo knows she’s aboard and it’s not long before his schooner is spotted on the horizon.

Hart’s Reward (June 2106)
Before Landon and Keelan can set sail for Jamaica in search of the pirates who took her brother and his ship, they have to journey back north to transport a group of runaway slaves to Philadelphia. When an attack leaves Landon with a head injury which erases the last five years of his life, Keelan is forced to fight for the man she loves. Will Landon fall in love with her twice in a lifetime?

Pirate Heiress (July 2016)
Reluctant pirate, Stevie Cheramie, is on a quest with her family to find a secret treasure hidden by her great-great grandparents, two notorious pirates, Anne Bonny and Calico Jack Rackham. When her eight-year old twin siblings are kidnapped and the ransom demand is a merchant ship called the Seeker, Stevie must find the courage to conquer her fears and fight for those she loves, including her handsome hostage.

Captain Conal O’Brien is ready to fight for control of his ship until he discovers the pirates who commandeered it work for his sworn enemy. What better way to locate the pirate’s secret stronghold than to sail right into it? It’s not long before he realizes these brigands aren’t who they seem to be, and if he’s not careful, he’s going to lose his heart as well as his ship to the woman determined to destroy both.

I'm looking forward to finding other authors of Pirate Romances! I write them because I love them. I have already begun the 5th book in this series; each one has been more fun to write than the last!

I'm looking forward to making some new friends in this group!

message 30: by Cathy (last edited Nov 18, 2016 09:24AM) (new)

Cathy Skendrovich | 11 comments Hello, everyone! I have an awesome pirate romance coming out on New Year's Day! It's called The Pirate's Bride The Pirate's Bride by Cathy Skendrovich and already has four 5-star reviews right here on Goodreads. It's full of action, drama, humor, and of course, romance. I hope you will add it to your To Read list, and pre-order it. I will have a giveaway starting in Dec., so please join when I announce it. Lastly, here is my website where you can get more info on me and my books. I look forward to hearing from all of you. http://www.cathyskendrovich.com/ Here's an excerpt:

“Hoist the colors and fire a warning shot over their bow, Limey,” she ordered without hesitation.

He stared, as if unable to believe she would even suggest the maneuver. “Are—are you sure, Ma’am?”

She looked down her nose at him. “Is that insubordination I detect, Limey?”

“No, Captain. It’s just…that’s your husband’s ship.”

“Exactly. Carry out my orders, Limey.”

She returned to her spyglass, as Limey cried out, “Hoist the colors and ready starboard guns, you bilge rats.” He moved away to oversee the warning shot. She studied the approaching ship.

Of course, she shouldn’t fire on her own husband. She knew that, but the cad deserved it. He deserved to find out who had taken his place in his absence, who could not be cowed by his repudiation or curse words. Who was now a pirate in her own right.

By now, the Jade Princess had covered more distance but still it flew no colors. With her heartbeat pounding in excitement, Sophie checked with the gunner, received a nod of readiness. She nodded in return, the fuse was lit, and…

Ka-boom!

A round shot flew high and true over the Jade Princess. She got the supreme pleasure of watching the crew on the opposing deck hunch and duck, including the captain. Dubois spun about and locked eyes on her, glaring across the distance at this stranger firing upon him. She stifled a nervous giggle of anticipation.

Confident her new pirate’s attire and braided hair camouflaged her from her husband’s recognition, she bowed low to him from across the distance, sweeping her hat off with its absurd plumage before hollering to her crew to bring them about and prepare to board.

I hope you'll check it out, and give me a holler, too.