r/books discussion

Introductions > Hey, I'm Prajwalit.

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Prajwalit (new)

Prajwalit | 16 comments Hey guys,
I'm Prajwalit. I'm a software engineer from India. I'm mostly into Fiction/Fantasy novels. I've been reading a lot of books for the past two years. I hope to get more recommendations and participate in interesting discussions here in this group.

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (icecheeseplease) Hello and welcome! I see that we like the same genres, I will absolutely be snooping your reads to find new material for myself.

message 3: by Prajwalit (new)

Prajwalit | 16 comments All my favorite books are in your to-read list :-) (LotR, Name of the Wind, SoI&F, H2G2)
I don't maintain my to-read list as well as I should. I think I should start maintaining and categorizing my books..

message 4: by Philip (new)

Philip Porter | 12 comments They too are books that I have enjoyed apart from LotR but I think saying that is a bit controversial around here.

message 5: by Prajwalit (new)

Prajwalit | 16 comments Some people love story, some people love the world author creates. JRR was better at creating a fantastic world. Story was not as powerful.

message 6: by Philip (new)

Philip Porter | 12 comments Yeah I found LotR to have an awesome world but the story seemed to drag a bit.

message 7: by Darli (new)

Darli (parentheticals) | 92 comments Hi, Prajwalit. I love Name of the Wind, as well as the second book, The Wise Man's Fear. Patrick Rothfuss is such a rock star, and I especially love the Ademre culture he built.

message 8: by Prajwalit (new)

Prajwalit | 16 comments @Darliza, I can't wait for the 3rd book. Hope he'll release it within a year. Currently he's pissed, so he has set the release date to be in 2025 :-/

message 9: by Darli (new)

Darli (parentheticals) | 92 comments 2025?! Jeezus christ, I hope I'm still alive by then lol

message 10: by Prajwalit (new)

Prajwalit | 16 comments :)
He's just kidding. (I hope). But you can see it here - The Doors of Stone.

message 11: by Darli (new)

Darli (parentheticals) | 92 comments As a fellow Whovian, Pat's note about having the book rated by time travelers and his request to be a companion is HILARIOUS! Thanks for the heads up. That page made my day.