Bitter Blood (The Morganville Vampires, #13) Bitter Blood discussion

Did anyone else....

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kristen want to slap Shane really hard for a while there?
I still kinda do...

Emily I did! I couldn't believe he thought Claire cheated on him. She loves him. She would never do that.

Kristen I was so mad when she kept apologizing and acting like she did something wrong. I really wanted her to yell at him.
In a place like Morganville, Shane really should know better.

Makayla It pissed me off so much by Shane in this book. He's normally the perfect boyfriend and he knows how much Claire loves him. I couldn't believe he would believe Claire would cheat on him, with his best friend no less. He honestly should know better by now after all they've all been through.

Kristen I can even understand if he had doubts at first, but he went completely overboard and acted like a total jerk.

Abby  Rose I coulda slapped Michael actually.. staked him and shoved garlic up his ass.

Chloe Fandom Queen I hate Shane. Well, not hate. Strongly dislike. I can't believe he did that to Claire. If he was a vampire (which I know he won't ever be), I'd stake him then pour silver nitrate all over him. See how he likes that!

Makayla ♒ AbbyCadaby ♒ wrote: "I coulda slapped Michael actually.. staked him and shoved garlic up his ass."

It wasn't Michael's fault though. He didn't have a choice. He was being manipulated.

message 10: by Star (new) - rated it 5 stars

Star Fouse Its obvious that Shane loves Claire but has been an ass to her over and over throughout their relationship. Shes always stood by him. I think that by leaving Morganville behind Claire is taking a huge step towards being more independent for herself. Michael and Eve though... what a situation. They were already so very strained before all this. A vampire and a human married... yeah, that cant be good unless Eve decides to give up her live and become like Michael its not going to work out.

message 11: by Beth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beth OMG! Shane was a total Ass head to Claire. I nearly wanted Claire to leave without him so he got a taste of his own medicine. Now, Michael, he was under a spell so it's not really his fault. Shane, AHHHHHHHHHHH! Love Morganville Vampires though!

Robyn Jones I was pissed at Shane and Michael (even though it wasn't his fault), but I was happy for the conflict. The pages flew by so fast.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood I know, it was insane. i was all like once the page was done "did that really just happen?? did he REALLY just DO that?!" then had to go back and re-read it again just so i belived it!

Robyn Jones Cassie wrote: "I know, it was insane. i was all like once the page was done "did that really just happen?? did he REALLY just DO that?!" then had to go back and re-read it again just so i belived it!"

I think I re-read it too! It was one of those times when I wasn't quietly reading.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood yep, same here!! i think after he started kissing her and all. i kinda just blanked out and just keept reading although i wasn't really at the same time

message 16: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat Gosh, I despised Shane. He jumped to conclusions waaay too quick! And ppor Claire was like, "What? I didn't do anything?!?!"

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood yeah shane was a jerk about the whole thing and jumped to concluions waaaaaaaaaaaay to fast!! i mean wouldn't you at least here the other persion out before you think the worst of them?

message 18: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat Cassie wrote: "yeah shane was a jerk about the whole thing and jumped to concluions waaaaaaaaaaaay to fast!! i mean wouldn't you at least here the other persion out before you think the worst of them?"

I know, right? He just went, "I heard what you said, I'm jumping to conclusions, I hate you Claire, two of the people I trusted most in the world have been cheating..." It was irritating, really.
But then there was the fact he still showed up to save Claire from possessed Michael. I'll give him points for that.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood true, at least he cared enough to show up and help her get away form Micheal when he was all crazy and stuff

message 20: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat Cassie wrote: "true, at least he cared enough to show up and help her get away form Micheal when he was all crazy and stuff"

Yeah. If he hadn't come to her rescue... then I'd really, REALLY hate him.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood SOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE!!!!! i'd start yelling at him if he didn't come to her rescue! i'd be all like: 'what the hell dude?!!! really can you really NOT see that Micheal is NOT Micheal?! and if you can't I'm going to hop into there and kick your ass, after i dunk your head into a bucket of cold water!!"

message 22: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat Cassie wrote: "SOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE!!!!! i'd start yelling at him if he didn't come to her rescue! i'd be all like: 'what the hell dude?!!! really can you really NOT see that Micheal is NOT Micheal?! and if you can'..."

Hell no. If he didn't come to her rescue, I'd get somebody to turn him vamp--everyone knows he wouldn't like that at all--stake him, put a few bullets through his thick head, and then drench him in silver nitrate. See how he likes that. It's one thing to get mad at your girlfriend, but another to feed her to the wolves.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood dont you think that's a bit harrs? Sure he was a jerk and didn't do anything expect come and rescue her but still.... i dont think he'd desrive that. although i guess it would depend if it was a good or bad day seeing as i'd probley do that if it was a really bad day.

message 24: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat Cassie wrote: "dont you think that's a bit harrs? Sure he was a jerk and didn't do anything expect come and rescue her but still.... i dont think he'd desrive that. although i guess it would depend if it was a go..."

Ha hah, okay. Yes. But that's because I've secretly hated him from the beginning of the series and have been wanting to do that for a long time. ;)
You can punish him much less harshly. That's just me!

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood why did you hate him right off the bat? lol thank you i shall get right no that!

Kristen Eh, I don't give Shane a whole lot of credit for helping Claire out. He only did it out of guilt and responsibility. He probably would have done the same thing for anyone, even Monica.
Personally, I think his actions to Claire were inexcusable, and I was glad that, at the very least, she didn't just forgive him. Even though I think he deserved way more than that.

Although, I do think you guys are going a wee bit overboard with the punishment, lol

Sandra I was really pissed off but mostly with Rachel Caine - I think Shane's behaviour was totally out of character and she just did it to cause conflict and so Claire could be on her own for the next book. This was the behaviour of Shane in the early books but after all the stuff he and Claire have been through, especially when she died there was no way he wouldn't have believed Claire when she denied it. I did like how Claire refused to give him a pass though. I love Claire she is an awesome heroine.

Kristen Mmmmm...I'm not sure. I tend to agree that she wanted a little more drama, but Shane has been insecure about that before. Maybe the extent of his reaction was a bit out of character, but he did have a pretty extreme demonstration....

message 29: by Ainsley (new) - added it

Ainsley you know what would be so awesome if in daylighters claire found out she was pergnent.

Nadia Well with all that Shane has been through and living in Morganville and all I think that it's normal for Shane to have trust issues but he definitely went over bored because he and Claire have been through a lot with each other and he should at least trusted her a little bit.
when he refused to go to the graveyard with her I just wanted to punch him in the face. And then when he apologized the smile that he gave, I hated that, like Claire said it was as if he thought that she would just forgive him and because of that I felt that Shane thinks of Claire as some kind of push over, he does love her but that made him a bit of a jerk.

Jennifer Did anyone else totally think Claire should have a one nighter with Myrinin I can see it every time they interact I think it would be a great spin off. she tames the dragon he finds his soul mate etc etc. She'll become a vamp Shane will go all vamp killer and become his father and I'm sure we could get another book or two out of the drama.

message 32: by Nadia (last edited Aug 13, 2013 09:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nadia Jennifer wrote: "Did anyone else totally think Claire should have a one nighter with Myrinin I can see it every time they interact I think it would be a great spin off. she tames the dragon he finds his soul mate e..."

Well in some ways that would be sad considering all that she and Shane had been through, but Shane really annoyed me in the near end parts of this book, I haven't read "night fall" yet, if he acts like that in this book too maybe it would be for the best if Claire did end up with Myrnin.

Dekotah Thompson ♒ LittlePaws ♒ wrote: "I coulda slapped Michael actually.. staked him and shoved garlic up his ass."

:) I see what you did there...