Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent discussion

DEFINITE CAST FOR DIVERGENT!

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Snowballina (last edited Mar 16, 2013 07:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Snowballina Shailene Woodley has been cast as Tris. Zoe Kravitz is playing Christina. Ansel Egort is playing Caleb and Theo James is cast as Four and Maggie Q will play Tori. What do you think of the selected cast?

Josiane Claremont you repeated Tori twice

Sophie Josiane wrote: "you repeated Tori twice"

No she didn't...

Sophie PS - I love the cast so far! :)

Brittney Also, Jai Courtney as Eric.

message 6: by Cinderela (last edited Mar 16, 2013 10:33PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cinderela Woah Theo James is 28, sigh. I guess he looks the part.. kind of except ten years older.

Mtpn I think Zoe Kravitz is perfect for the role of Christina :> Hope the movie would be awesome

message 8: by Rae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rae This cast is awful.

Rachel I LOVE THE CAST SO FAR!!! Zoe Kravitz isn't my ideal Christina though

Christina Rachel wrote: "This cast is awful."

Why? Casting, let's say, Miley Cyrus for Tris would be awful, but most of the actors seem pretty new and unknown to me, so I don't really get the problem.

Mirkat I don't know enough about the cast as actors to comment, but I can't help noticing that their Tris is 5'6" while their Christina is only 5'2". The books kept emphasizing how teeny-tiny Tris was supposed to be, and Christina was supposed to be pretty tall, IIRC.

Destini Faith Rachel wrote: "This cast is awful."

I agree......what happened too keke palmer being christina

☾ Midnight Meets Moonlight ☽ Destini wrote: "Rachel wrote: "This cast is awful."

I agree......what happened too keke palmer being christina"

high five! my lil sis and i are all like :Why u no put keke palmer for christina?!?"

Lizzy I'm totally okay with Theo James. He's gorgeous. I'd feel totally pervy about saying that if he was acutally 18 yoa.

Katie My thoughts on the Divergent casting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7sSEp... I really like Kate Winslet as Jeanine. I'm not a fan of Shailene Woodley playing Tris.

Vivid Light ~ ♥♥ Brittney wrote: "Also, Jai Courtney as Eric."

Mmm... I thought Eric had longish black hair?

kpopfan Snowballina wrote: "Shailene Woodley has been cast as Tris. Zoe Kravitz is playing Christina. Ansel Egort is playing Caleb and Theo James is cast as Four and Maggie Q will play Tori. What do you think of the selected ..."

Miles Teller as Peter :) im loving the cast Theo James will be awesome just as he was in Bedlum, his a really good actor.

Emily Ok, for those of you saying you hate the cast... let up a little, will you? You haven't even seen them play the parts yet, and who knows, they could surprise you! Just because the casting didn't go the way you wanted, doesn't mean you have to hate on the movie. I think its going to be great and I can't wait to see it!!! :) (sorry for my little rant there...)

Ifrah Alia Mirkat wrote: "I don't know enough about the cast as actors to comment, but I can't help noticing that their Tris is 5'6" while their Christina is only 5'2". The books kept emphasizing how teeny-tiny Tris was su..."

Yeah, but in when casting for a movie you can't really make the height a priority. Otherwise, getting an actor with a the right look and height would be extremely difficult. Personally, I don't pay too much attention to height when it comes to casting, as long as they look the part.

message 20: by Ifrah (last edited Mar 17, 2013 06:52PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ifrah Alia I love the cast btw.

I think Kate Winslet is confirmed for Jeanine and Aaron Eckhart is also going to be in the movie, though I'm not sure what character he is playing. (Maybe Marcus?)

message 21: by Ifrah (last edited Mar 17, 2013 07:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ifrah Alia Anna wrote: "I know everyone is hating on the cast and I'm over here like am I the only one who's even slightly excited or..."

This is probably the best book-to-movie casting I've ever seen. Especially in my fandoms.

I am yet to be disappointed.

Brittney GAV * FALLENWORLD ♥ wrote: "Brittney wrote: "Also, Jai Courtney as Eric."

Mmm... I thought Eric had longish black hair?"

He does, but make up and hair dye can do WONDERS for changing an actors appearance. :)

message 23: by Alex (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alex Sosa No one is like I imagined when I was reading the book... BUT I like the cast. Particularly Maggie Q as Tori, I love her in Nikita and I hope she does a great job in Divergent. Also, excited for Jai Courtney as Eric, he does look bad-ass. And of course I hope Kate Winslet confirms her role soon, she would be awesome as Jeanine (but since is not official, my guess it's that she's playing Tris' mom). Milles Teller as Peter, also nice. I kinda wanted Jeremy Irvine to be Four, but whatever. I'm not a fan of Shailene, either.

cloudyskye Not over-excited about Four, doesn't the actor have brown eyes (me, too, boring, boring) whereas Four is supposed to have blue eyes?
Still, I'll give them a chance. Kate Winslet will be great whatever or whomever she plays.