Ask Suzanne Palmieri discussion

The Witch of Little Italy
This topic is about The Witch of Little Italy
10 day countdown!!!!!!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Suzanne Palmieri (suzylostwitch) | 39 comments Mod
So, the actual countdown begins. Yesterday I began posting (over on my facebook page) about Authors WHO SAVED ME. I began with Pat Conroy and today I highlighted Alice Hoffman. Are there any authors who you have loved so much, that you feel they helped you through a really hard time in your life? Who, and why?

Nora Zelevansky | 1 comments So exciting! 10 days!

I definitely have authors who have helped me through rough times. I hate to be a cliche, BUT Joan Didion's "Slouching Towards Bethlehem" still saves me from time to time. And there is never a down day that Pride & Prejudice can't cure.

Nora wrote: "So exciting! 10 days!

I definitely have authors who have helped me through rough times. I hate to be a cliche, BUT Joan Didion's "Slouching Towards Bethlehem" still saves me from time to time. ..."

Agreed! I love
Dandelion Wine and always, always The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock and Other Poems Thanks for sharing, Nora! Coming to an event? Hope so!

Erica (ekgo) | 11 comments Kate Chopin's The Awakening completely saved me. It's a very different read, now, than it had been that first time but sentimental gratitude for what it did makes the love the book anew each time I read it.

OH MY GOD YES!!!!!!!!!! That just, I MEAN JUST happened to me. I was waiting for my kid in the school library and I picked it UP and started to read it again.

That scene? When she's being lambasted by her husband? And the breeze off the ocean? Oh holy yes.

Gina Heron | 1 comments Currently saving me: Cheryl Strayed and Elizabeth Gilbert. And Emily Dickinson and Maya Angelou. Literally, right now, saving me from myself.

Erica (ekgo) | 11 comments Oh how odd that The Awakening was JUST RIGHT THERE! Cue the Twilight Zone music!

Ah, Gina...Maya Angelou. She's amazing, isn't she? I love that woman.