Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Beast (Estill County Mountain Man #1)
This topic is about Beast
Specific IR Book Talk > Beast by Pepper Pace

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new) - rated it 5 stars

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
I started reading Beast, and so far I can hardly put it down. I can already relate to Ashleigh in some ways. And I'm so curious about Christopher that I have to keep reading.

message 2: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new) - rated it 5 stars

I am really enjoying this story so far. This is my first Pepper Pace novel, and I feel like I've chosen a great one to start with.

message 3: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new) - rated it 5 stars

I just finished reading, and it was fantastic!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
Glad you liked it, Michelle. I have serious mad love for this book. And Christopher was to die for!

message 5: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "Glad you liked it, Michelle. I have serious mad love for this book. And Christopher was to die for!"

I finished reading it late last night, and I could hardly think about anything else today. My mind is still reeling from this book!

message 6: by Echo (new)

Echo  (mrsbookmark) | 307 comments I think I'll give Pepper Pace a try once payday comes around:)

message 7: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new) - rated it 5 stars

mrsbookmark wrote: "I think I'll give Pepper Pace a try once payday comes around:)"

I hope you do. I love payday because its also "new book day" for me.

message 8: by Echo (new)

Echo  (mrsbookmark) | 307 comments ✿Michelle✿ wrote: "mrsbookmark wrote: "I think I'll give Pepper Pace a try once payday comes around:)"

I hope you do. I love payday because its also "new book day" for me."

Same for me. Since I'm a SAHM at the moment, don't get as many as I used to, but thankful for affordable world of e-books.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
✿Michelle✿ wrote: "Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "Glad you liked it, Michelle. I have serious mad love for this book. And Christopher was to die for!"

I finished reading it late last night, and I could..."

That is what happened to me when I read it.

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1437 comments just started last night amx loving its potential so far. But I have to say, there is overkill on a lot of superfluous information. I do not need to hear that he drinks "Lipton citrus ice tea" 3 times fully stated or grocery lists. Too much detail that doesn't matter but I think the characters are great.

Shelby P (shelbyp) I just finished this book this morning. And I have some questions.

How did Ashleigh end up pregnant? Why wasn't it explained why her pill failed. Are we to assume it was because she was diabetic? Or was it because she was bulimic? Or was it because she skipped taking her pills?

Also was it realistic that Chris' face would be so perfect without any visible scars after 6 surgeries?

Is anyone else concerned with the grammatical errors that seem pervasive in Pepper's books?

I did enjoy the story and I love how she brings together unexpected characters.

message 12: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Sees Love in All Colors (last edited Sep 04, 2013 02:28PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

@Shelby, I can name a few friends I know who became pregnant because of birth control failures due to drug interactions, being sick, or otherwise. I think it's possible that Ashleigh vomited up her pill while she was purging, or it could be that there was just a birth control failure, which does happen. I don't know the effects of diabetes on birth control pills, but since diabetes affects the whole body profoundly, I don't doubt it could have some effect on the hormones ability to prevent conception.

As far as Chris' plastic surgery construction being so well done, it's amazing with reconstructive surgeons can accomplish nowadays. They are truly artist.

As far as grammatical errors, maybe this sounds bad, but I noticed a lot less than I have some other readers. I'm not a grammar stickler personally.

I'm glad you did enjoy the book despite your issues.

Shelby P (shelbyp) It would have been nice if the author explained why the birth control failed. We are left (maybe just me) wondering. Also why no mention of Ashleigh getting tested even though she was constantly being cheated on by her ex.

Most books that I read have errors that I usually look over but I think with this particular author, it's not knowing the proper usage. This is a huge pet peeve for me because I see this being misused constantly.

I did enjoy the story. I was even motivated to change my diet and exercise some (realistically not going to happen) LOL but it did make me want to consider doing something.

I have seen some authors talk about STD testing, and it is relevant. I've seen other authors overlook it. I don't have a strong opinion on it, but I can see why it's an issue for many readers. I'm not sexually active, so I don't spend a lot of time thinking about it, but if you're out there dating, it's a huge issue.

I can understand you having an issue with improper grammar, Shelby. I know that certain things get to me when I'm reading that may not bother other readers.

We all have our sticking points.

I'm glad you joined the discussion!

message 15: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shelby P wrote: "It would have been nice if the author explained why the birth control failed. We are left (maybe just me) wondering. Also why no mention of Ashleigh getting tested even though she was constantly be..."

I read this one some months ago, and I can remember having some of the same thoughts you're having Shelby. For me, I just went with it- even though I know, or at least hope that in real life Ashleigh would've been concerned about STD's etc. And the nurse is me was thinking that Chris should've been more concerned about healing properly and not getting an infection after multiple surgeries to his face, and should've stayed in the hospital. And what about that locker room fight to work off nerves- puhleeze! I do that a lot when I read though. What is it called.... suspension of belief/ disbelief? Anyway, I loved the story. I'd love to get in paperback now.

Suspension of disbelief does come in handy!

Missmoone | 21 comments hey folks I loved BEAST so much I created a fun quiz about it.. check it out! :-)

Shelby P (shelbyp) https://www.goodreads.com/quizzes/res...

Great quiz Missmoone. I got a perfect score!!!

Missmoone | 21 comments Shelby P wrote: "https://www.goodreads.com/quizzes/res...

Great quiz Missmoone. I got a perfect score!!!"

Thank you!.. I'm glad you enjoyed it!.. I'm thinking of creating another one.. hmmmmm maybe Juicy or Wheels of Steel.. "decisions, decisions".. I'll keep you posted :-)

I got ten out of ten, and I thought I was wrong on a few. Thanks for the quiz!

message 21: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new) - rated it 5 stars

I just got 7/10 right.....

Connie | 761 comments My score was 7/10. :)