Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Coffee Corner > Suggestions for a book?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 15 comments I am looking for any suggestions for books that have a sensible heroine. Not your typical whiny or smart-ass or too-beautiful-to-even-look-at heroine.

The hero is an alpha male who pursues the heroine and the heroine being sensible tries to avoid the hero, is nervous around him.

Can anyone please recommend books with this kind of theme? I am really sick of reading about heroines just throwing themselves at guys the minute they see them.

message 2: by Angie Elle (new)

Angie Elle (angieelle) | 602 comments Hi, Sophie! I know what you mean. The hopping into bed/falling into love later gets a bit old.

Are you looking for contemporary or historical?

message 3: by Ridh (new)

Ridh (jaan123) | 19 comments Hey Sophie! If you're looking for a historical with this theme then I suggest Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1) by Lisa Kleypas , Devil's Bride (Cynster, #1) by Stephanie Laurens , or Then Came You (Gamblers, #1) by Lisa Kleypas . They're all one of my favorites!

message 4: by Leea (last edited Mar 17, 2013 09:12PM) (new)

Leea I just finished that also and enjoyed it. Plus Taryn is a kick butt heroin who does not go lightly.

Paloma there is always book 2 but you have to wait and I also heard about Omega Mine, I haven't read it but it sounds good.

message 5: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 15 comments Any genre is fine with me. And thank you for the suggestions so far guys.

message 6: by Kaitie (new)

Kaitie (kaitielaw) | 4 comments Hi Sophie,

I recommend "Tolstoy and the Purple Chair, My Year of Magical Reading" - Nina Sankovitch. Nothing mushy/over dramatic, but a heroine in the most unexpected way. Enjoy! If you do end up reading it please tell me what you think!

Kaitie

message 7: by N. (new)

N. Davis | 6 comments Ok, this is for sophie and girlonthefence; Shelly Laurenston's "pack series". OR, her "dragon series" written under the name G.A. Aiken both are funny and her females are kick-butt and sarcastic. Hope you both like them.

message 8: by Deb (new)

Deb | 4 comments EXcapades by Debra Kay

This one I read, EXcapades, had a nice mix of drama and romance. The female character was always questioning the actions of the male character which seemed more believable.