Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Identification of this book?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rosebud (last edited Mar 16, 2013 06:19PM) (new)

Rosebud (rosebuds) I was looking at various listopia lists and saw this book which has been stripped of viewable identification, etc.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15...

I'm not sure what SHOULD be done about this and/or if the previous book title in the librarian change log should be inserted back so whoever knows how this is to be handled would check it out and fix this book. And please post what the appropriate action is so I can know for future reference.
Thanx

message 2: by Emy (last edited Mar 16, 2013 07:31PM) (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5034 comments http://www.goodreads.com/book/edits/1...

Hmm - Looking at it too.

OK I suspect I see what it is but I'm going to leave this one for Rivka or a super because there looks to be something dodgy going on, perhaps? It could be a misunderstanding from User 1, but the second editor makes me concerned as there seems to be a lot of blanking going on.

Going on another conversation this week, I'd say not to revert until supers/staff say because we mess up the trail.

message 3: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2459 comments Ugh. This isn't the first time I've seen these particular librarians making changes like this. There are a few other weird things about them, so I'm going to shoot a message over to support.

In the mean time the ASIN and one of the old ISBNs that had been removed from the particular book were both added elsewhere as appropriate editions so I've merged this one into it.

message 4: by Rosebud (new)

Rosebud (rosebuds) Vicky wrote: "Ugh. This isn't the first time I've seen these particular librarians making changes like this. There are a few other weird things about them, so I'm going to shoot a message over to support.

In th..."

so for my own personal knowledge as a new base level librarian. If i see something like this in future. the suggestion action is to ??????

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24801 comments Rosebud, run here and post it for the supers to look at. Even Vicky is sending it to support.

message 6: by Rosebud (new)

Rosebud (rosebuds) thanks. wasn't quite sure. :D