Mortal Instruments & Infernal Devices Lovers! discussion

The Mortal Instruments > City of Bones movie

Comments Showing 1-50 of 194 (194 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Kira (new)

Kira (kiraharris) | 2 comments What do you guys think of the casting for CoB?? I'm so excited :D

message 2: by Gabby (new)

Gabby Mckenney | 1 comments I love all of them except Simon. They messed up what I though Simon would look like. :(

message 3: by ☯ marina ☯ (new)

☯ marina ☯ (mali400) | 10 comments Except from everyone on the fandom, i AM IN LOVE WITH JAMIE! He is so funny and i pictured Jace exactly like him! With a rebelious look... idk...
I also love Lily as Clary

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily (tmi_lover26) | 45 comments I agree with most of their choices for the cast, except for Jamie. He isn't what I pictured Jace to look like at all. Plus whenever I see him I just think of him as that freaky Volturi from Twilight. It's nothing against him or his acting I just don't see it.
Other than that thumbs up on the cast picks.

message 5: by Chisom (new)

Chisom O | 53 comments I think Jamie is a good actor, but i honestly dont think he's hot enough to be Jace. PLus, im annoyed that he's british. Jace is supposed to be a hot, bad ass American jerk, not a British dude. Plus, its really funny when he says mundane. It sounds so weird.

message 6: by cecilia (new)

cecilia Chisom wrote: "I think Jamie is a good actor, but i honestly dont think he's hot enough to be Jace. PLus, im annoyed that he's british. Jace is supposed to be a hot, bad a** American jerk, not a British dude. Plu..."

you captured what I wanted to say perfectly.

message 7: by Chisom (new)

Chisom O | 53 comments Cecilia wrote: "Chisom wrote: "I think Jamie is a good actor, but i honestly dont think he's hot enough to be Jace. PLus, im annoyed that he's british. Jace is supposed to be a hot, bad a** American jerk, not a Br..."

lol

message 8: by Claire (new)

Claire Annalee (claireinbookland) | 13 comments Can I just say that Cassandra Clare herself wanted Jamie as Jace and she thought he was perfect for it so back off if he's good enough for the author that created this world then we should be ok with it. BACK OFF

message 9: by Emma (new)

Emma (greekfreak71) I love the cast. I think Adam Lambert would have been a good Magnus though.

message 10: by cecilia (new)

cecilia Emma wrote: "I love the cast. I think Adam Lambert would have been a good Magnus though."

TOTALLY

message 11: by cecilia (new)

cecilia Claire wrote: "Can I just say that Cassandra Clare herself wanted Jamie as Jace and she thought he was perfect for it so back off if he's good enough for the author that created this world then we should be ok wi..."

There's nothing wrong with him, I just wish he was more... Jacelike. He doesn't seem like a Jace to me...

message 12: by Emma (new)

Emma (greekfreak71) Adam is just so flamboyant and from the moment I met Magnus I was like this is sooo Adam Lambert.

message 13: by cecilia (new)

cecilia Mmhmmmm!!!!

message 14: by S. (new)

S. E. (uchihasakura) Emma wrote: "I love the cast. I think Adam Lambert would have been a good Magnus though."

I agree but guys Godfrey Gao IS SO FREAKING HOT OMG *fangirls*

message 15: by S. (last edited Apr 24, 2013 06:33PM) (new)

S. E. (uchihasakura) Guys, I think we should all let go of the "Jamie is not Jace" discussion. I mean, don't get me wrong, I was the biggest Jamie hater when he got casted, but I didn't give him a chance. Yes he is clearly not as hot as Jace, and not angelic looking. But I think he can pull off the arrogance and sarcasm of Jace. The acting really does play a big part. I think he's gonna be great. And me saying this doesn't mean you shouldn't have your own opinion :) And I think the way Jamie says 'mundane' is really hot! But yah I'm kinda disappointed cuz Jace was supposed to be a hilarious American. At least we have Simon right? He'll crack us up. And I'd like to emphasize Godfrey Gao's hotness once more...HE IS SO HOT. xD

message 16: by Emma (new)

Emma (greekfreak71) Sarah wrote: "Guys, I think we should all let go of the "Jamie is not Jace" discussion. I mean, don't get me wrong, I was the biggest Jamie hater when he got casted, but I didn't give him a chance. Yes he is cle..."

True he is good looking.

message 17: by Lara (new)

Lara | 27 comments Soooo excited they moved up the release date for COB movie! To...my birthday of all days! :) Yay!!

message 18: by Chisom (new)

Chisom O | 53 comments Yeah, honestly, there is no person living that will ever be good enough to be Jace

message 19: by SHINY (new)

SHINY | 771 comments I am actually quite satisfied with the cast after seeing the movie trailer, but once again I kind of find it odd how Godfrey Gao (Magnus) is hotter than Jamie C. Bower (Jace). *This is just my opinion*
I always pictured Jace as the Hottest but.. oh well.

message 20: by Banana (new)

Banana | 7 comments Gabby wrote: "I love all of them except Simon. They messed up what I though Simon would look like. :("

I really like Simon but really don't like jace. he is not at all as i pictured him.

message 21: by Renee (new)

Renee OMG I LOVE THE WHOLE CAST!!!! and I can see how they are going to make Simon turn from Nerd to Hot. :D
I'M SO EXCITED!!!!
92 DAYS TIL THE MOVIE!!!

message 22: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethcordo) I like Lily as Clary, but I wish her hair would be a brighter red like the books describes

message 23: by Sydney (new)

Sydney | 33 comments I agree. I think Lily's hair should be a brighter red cause that's what they said in the books so that's how I imagined it.

message 24: by -Athina- (new)

-Athina- (_athena_) | 16 comments Simon's great but Jace just isn't like I imagined him to be at all !!!! And all in all the actors are simply too old for the parts...

message 25: by Leni (new)

Leni | 49 comments yup yup yup. Completely agree with amber

message 26: by Simmaron (new)

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 131 comments Nah. I still don't like JCB as Jace. Jace is so much better in my imaginations. Idk but Jamie isn't Jace for me. I'll always like the books for the sake of Jace.

message 27: by Simmaron (new)

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 131 comments Nope.

message 28: by Simmaron (new)

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 131 comments Thanks a lot for the link. :) Saw the trailer and I think he might do justice to the character of Jace. This trailer was more relevant to the book.

message 29: by -Athina- (new)

-Athina- (_athena_) | 16 comments you're right ! the trailer does make a difference but Jace still isn't Jace...

message 30: by Simmaron (new)

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 131 comments @Athena lets forget that he'll look better. We can hope for his acting to be good. Jace would be still the best in my mind not in the movies.

message 31: by -Athina- (new)

-Athina- (_athena_) | 16 comments you're right Simmaron, the acting is one of the most important aspects to look at and if he gets that right and if the other characters fit I could even try to get past the fact he doesn't look at all like the Jace I imagined.

message 32: by SHINY (last edited Jul 01, 2013 01:32PM) (new)

SHINY | 771 comments I have a random question about Jace, Does h actually have an ear-piercing in the book or did they just add it for the movie, cuz I don' recall reading about him having one.

message 33: by SHINY (new)

SHINY | 771 comments yeah it looks kinda odd it sort of reminded me of a pirate.

message 34: by Leni (new)

Leni | 49 comments I wish they could get him to take the piercing out... is it really so difficult?

message 35: by SHINY (new)

SHINY | 771 comments @Leni, IKR!

message 36: by Beth (new)

Beth (beth_jones8) Argh!!! I just watched that sneak peek thing that lily collins introduced and just.... UGH JACE! So much Jace! After that I just don't even know how people can not think JCB is Jace.

message 37: by Simmaron (new)

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 131 comments In the movie Jace has been shown someone like a punk with piercings and all rather in books Jace is a normal person who keeps his room very clean basically not a punk. I kinda found him more sophisticated in books although he's a womaniser who passes sarcastic comments but he's so not a punk which JCB actually looks.

message 38: by -Athina- (new)

-Athina- (_athena_) | 16 comments Simmaron wrote: "In the movie Jace has been shown someone like a punk with piercings and all rather in books Jace is a normal person who keeps his room very clean basically not a punk. I kinda found him more sophis..."

I completely agree, they want to make him look like the bad guy I think...and Simon like the good guy probably

message 39: by Simmaron (new)

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 131 comments Yeah. But in books both are good guys. And Jace is far more sophisticated though he's a flirt and womaniser.

message 40: by -Athina- (new)

-Athina- (_athena_) | 16 comments they always have to simplify characters from books when they turn it into a movie...it is too complicated to get all the different aspects of a character if you don't know what he's thinking or else, though some directors have managed to do it; but just a few

message 41: by Simmaron (new)

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 131 comments I don't like movies when they're compared to the books. Keep both of them apart because most of them don't do justice to the books. It just shortens the whole story.

message 42: by -Athina- (new)

-Athina- (_athena_) | 16 comments but if you know the books you just do it automatically.

message 43: by Renee (last edited Jul 04, 2013 02:13AM) (new)

Renee

message 44: by Renee (new)

Renee

message 45: by Renee (last edited Jul 04, 2013 02:15AM) (new)

Renee

message 46: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (warpedline) | 40 comments Jamie has honestly grown on me. I really like him as Jace now- I think that, in my mind, Jace was just too amazing to be portrayed by a real life actor. That was why I was so taken aback when they first announced the cast. But, I've looked at him acting (which, btw, is REALLY good) and after seeing pictures of him next to Lily Collins (like those above) I really agree. God, the movies are going to be so amazing! I can't wait!

And Jamie- you're going to do an awesome job :)

message 47: by Renee (new)

Renee I LOOOOOOVE Jamie as Jace! Always have, loved him so much from teh beginning I was like, OMG when you're not wearing twilight makeup you're really hot!

I am soooooo excited for the movie! I have a countdown!

message 48: by Chisom (new)

Chisom O | 53 comments Renée wrote: "OMG I LOVE THE WHOLE CAST!!!! and I can see how they are going to make Simon turn from Nerd to Hot. :D
I'M SO EXCITED!!!!
92 DAYS TIL THE MOVIE!!!"

Omigosh! What if they get a new person to play vamp Simon?! Robert Sheenan is perfect for Simon!!!

message 49: by Chisom (new)

Chisom O | 53 comments And I have to agree. Jace has always bean an asshole, and he was a badass too, but he isnt nesscarialy (Cant spell!) a punk

message 50: by ❤ Eva ❤ (new)

❤ Eva ❤ (eva2245) I Love most of the castings! Lily collins is a perfect clary. For some reason I always imagined Clary having brown hair even though it constantly says in the books that she has red hair. At first i didnt like Jamie as Jace but he has grown on me now and watching the trailers, he is an awesome Jace. Simon is perfection! Alec and Isabelle look a little older that their ages in the book and the girl who plays Isabelle is kind of short but they are ok overall. Magnus is perfect too!

« previous 1 3 4