The YA Dystopian Book Club discussion

Favourites > Favourite Movies

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lilac , Moderator (new)

Lilac  (lilac_wales) | 434 comments Mod
What are your all-time favourite movies? Why are they so great?

message 2: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 18 comments i know its weird but one of my all time favourite movies are " The devil wears prada", "He's just not that into you" and lots of horror dystopian books

message 3: by Lilac , Moderator (new)

My favourites are Titanic, The Perks of Being a Wallflower and the first two Harry Potter films.

I love Titanic because it's basically just the best love story ever but also there's some action and stuff to keep it interesting. Plus the music is PERFECT. :)
The Perks of Being a Wallflower is just so fun and sad and romantic and cute and just a really perfect feel-good movie, that has more meaning than you'd expect.
The reason I love the first two Harry Potters is because I was about 5 when I first watched them and they were just so magical and great. I didn't know it at the time but that's probably when my love for Harry Potter came from, though of course it grew so much a few years later when I read the books. The rest of the series were more dark and serious so they lost the really innocent magical parts. :)

message 4: by Lilac , Moderator (new)

Those movies are really good Dalu, but a little too girly and modern for my liking. They are perfect for a girls night in though :)

message 5: by Jack (new)

Jack (jack_) | 564 comments Ooh, tough choice, I'll have to think about it. I agree with Dalu though about The Devil Wears Prada.

message 6: by Erin LM (new)

Erin LM | 160 comments Pirates of the caribbean, the host and Percy Jackson (of the 2 last ones I want to read the books, ¿how good are they?)

message 7: by Juliana (new)

Juliana Riccio (julesriccio) | 19 comments Percy Jackson books are a million times better than the movie.

message 8: by Kayla (new)

Kayla De Leon (kayladeleon) Juliana, AGREED!

message 9: by Erin LM (new)

Erin LM | 160 comments Juliana wrote: "Percy Jackson books are a million times better than the movie."

I think i´ll get them when I finish with the books Im reading now, I hate to love a movie that is based on a book before I read it.

message 10: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Erin wrote: "Pirates of the caribbean, the host and Percy Jackson (of the 2 last ones I want to read the books, ¿how good are they?)"

I love the Pirates of the Caribbean, my dad and I have seen those dozens of times!!!!!!

message 11: by roshay (new)

roshay (sadderdaze) My favourite movie of all time is Inception.
Runner up is, EVERY SINGLE MARVEL MOVIE!!

message 12: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Totally- Inception was such a cool, unique concept

message 13: by Raevyn (new)

Raevyn "Lucia" [I'm in it for the books] (raevynstar) | 50 comments A Series of Unfortunate Events is just about the only adaptation I'll watch! Also, Despicable me is so cute!

message 14: by Kayla (new)

Kayla De Leon (kayladeleon) Saving Private Ryan! Idk why but I really love movies set in WWII

message 15: by Jojobean (new)

Jojobean The Boondock Saints~ Its hilarious and has so much action and killing..Its great!

The Little Mermaid~ My favorite childhood movie

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 78 comments Not YA, but the movie 12 Monkeys. It presents the element of time travel in dystopic world. (Technically post aplcalyptic.)

message 17: by Kayla (new)

Kayla De Leon (kayladeleon) Joanne♥~Bookworm Extraordinaire wrote: "The Boondock Saints~ Its hilarious and has so much action and killing..Its great!

The Little Mermaid~ My favorite childhood movie"

YAY! Glad to see another Ariel lover! I didn't like The Little Mermaid 2 though...

message 18: by jenna (new)

jenna (jennastergiopoulos) | 1 comments i have so many, but some of my favourites are she's the man, bend it like beckham, ace ventura, shark tale, the little mermaid, my big fat greek wedding.

i know theres a couple more but i can't remember

message 19: by v.v (new)

v.v | 442 comments Kayla wrote: "Joanne♥~Bookworm Extraordinaire wrote: "The Boondock Saints~ Its hilarious and has so much action and killing..Its great!

The Little Mermaid~ My favorite childhood movie"

YAY! Glad to see another..."

I really didn't like the Little Mermaid 2 because I didn't like the daughter so much. She was a bit irritating. But I tend to LOVE Disney movies, their always so happy. I have way to many to pick from to choose, but I would go with Cinderella 3, Tangled, Frozen, Insidious, The Conjuring and Cabin in the Woods.

Saving People, Hunting Things~ The Family Business | 14 comments The Freedom Writers Diary, V for Vendetta, The Avengers and Catch Me If You Can.

message 21: by v.v (new)

v.v | 442 comments I always wanted to watch V for Vendetta. Is it good?

Saving People, Hunting Things~ The Family Business | 14 comments v.v wrote: "I always wanted to watch V for Vendetta. Is it good?"

Yes, it's great.

message 23: by BriAnna (new)

BriAnna Smith Cooper | 98 comments Random but my all Tim favorites are:

Queen of the Damned
beauty and the beast
Bonnie and Clyde
Annapolis
Never back down
And all Harry Potter movies but 1,2, and 4 are my favs.