Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent discussion

The Cast So Far (with pictures)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 114 (114 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Sorrel Id don't think that Jai Courtney looks or seems very Eric-ish

Sorrel Yeah... And I was picturing longer, and a little greasy

Sorrel And a helluva lot scarier than that guy. He does not look scary.

message 4: by Rae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rae This cast is rubbish. Kate Winslet is the only person that's been cast right.

Sorrel Rachel wrote: "This cast is rubbish. Kate Winslet is the only person that's been cast right."

The actor for Molly is so not a good choice! She's supposed to be really, really ugly

Josiane Claremont uhm...excuse me for saying this, but i'm thoroughly creeped out by the fact that some of the characters do not resemble my imaginary cast... O,O

*sigh*. Well, i hope their acting is good, else i'll have to do something drastic...

Sorrel Exactly.

Angelica The director should get casting tips from us. *sigh*

Sorrel Definitely! The people who are actually fans of the book will have a way better idea of what people envision the characters to look like. You hear that film industry? Next time let US decide before you ruin our imaginings! (*sigh*)

Hannai Jai Courtney as Eric? no no no no.... He doesn't seem like Eric well...THE ERIC FROM MY IMAGINATION... JUST DIE D:<

message 11: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara I'm quite unhappy with the casting. Especially Eric. I think Alexander Skarsgard would do an amazing job as Eric.
And Four. Sure, the guy seems great, but not at all what I imagined Tobias to look like.
Or Caleb.
Or Tris.
Or Uriah.
Or Christina.

Jeanine's the only one not that far from the image in my head.

Abbie The cast is OK. I mean, if Veronica Roth said they're good, they must be! I just think Tobias is wayyy too old!! 10 years = TOO OLD

Monkique I think Theo is very handsome but yes he is a little old to be Four!

Heather None of them look anything like in my head *cries*. If I wasn't so addicted to the DIveregnt books, I might not see it... Oh well, if Veronica Roths says they were good in the screen tests, I trust her. But Theo, Jai and Shaliene just look wrong to me for these parts. Zoe as Christina is good though.

Rebecca I've never heard of that actor playing Four is but he looks a lot like how I pictured Four (except a little older). I always pictured Tris as Dakota Fanning from when she was in the movie "Push" when she was younger. I don't see Shaliene as Tris. I'm not surprised that the cast is so old I just don't understand why hollywood continuously casts people in their twenties to play 16 year olds.

message 16: by Sorrel (last edited Mar 19, 2013 09:42AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sorrel Rebecca wrote: "I've never heard of that actor playing Four is but he looks a lot like how I pictured Four (except a little older). I always pictured Tris as Dakota Fanning from when she was in the movie "Push" wh..."

I know! This guy in the film version of the spooks apprentice (the seventh son), a thirteen year old boy is being played by someone in their late twenties! And choice for Eric= so not how I imagined him

Vivid Light ~ ♥♥ Sorrel wrote: "And a helluva lot scarier than that guy. He does not look scary."

I think a scarier, longer-haired Richard Harmon for Eric. Maybe.

Sorrel GAV * FALLENWORLD ♥ wrote: "Sorrel wrote: "And a helluva lot scarier than that guy. He does not look scary."

I think a scarier, longer-haired Richard Harmon for Eric. Maybe."

Could work...

Brittney Honestly. I don't really have a problem with anyone in this cast. This is actually the first cast I DON'T have a problem with. As for Jai not looking like Eric, you guys are forgetting that there are such things as hair dye, wigs and prosthetics that can drastically alter one's appearance.

Just give them a chance, guys. You haven't seen them in the role yet. And just keep in mind, they can never please everyone. Save your judgments until AFTER you've seen the movie, yeah?

message 20: by kpopfan (last edited Mar 19, 2013 02:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

kpopfan tsk tsk...... this is why books should never be turned into movies, NONE of them fit the part
-.-"""(zzzzzz)

Sorrel Brittney wrote: "Honestly. I don't really have a problem with anyone in this cast. This is actually the first cast I DON'T have a problem with. As for Jai not looking like Eric, you guys are forgetting that there a..."
Ah if only we could all be as positive as you. However, I have seen to many great books ruined by the film industry and television producers and it has all rendered me very cynical :-D

Katelyn Broad I'm actually pretty excited about this cast.

Claire It was kind of random seeing Kate Winslet up there. All the other Actors/Actress's aren't very well known.

Sorrel Yeah but she suits her character so well!

doctor Maggie Q, Zoe, and Kate Winslet are the only ones I find PERFECT tbh.

Chisom Uriah looks fucking hot! And Four looks way too old and blonde (lol). But the best is Tris. The girl looks really close to how I imagined her except with a longer nose and I'm very happy for that. I just hope she's really short. Everyone else is an ehh to me

Chisom I should also mention how Four looks way too happy! I've always found him to be a cool barely smiles character but Theo looks like he'll be smiling wide the whole movie! Ughfjjxtvkchxoxgxj so annoying!

message 28: by Sejal (last edited Mar 20, 2013 04:22PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sejal egh. not too bad not too great. who else thinks molly's a perfect fit? and christina is awesome but the hair.... hmmmm

wildflower That's not how I imagined Uriah!

kpopfan Elektra wrote: "That's not how I imagined Uriah!"

i imagined him to look like Evan Ross but his pretty close to the part :) why though? how did you imagin him to look like?

Brittney Sorrel wrote: "Brittney wrote: "Honestly. I don't really have a problem with anyone in this cast. This is actually the first cast I DON'T have a problem with. As for Jai not looking like Eric, you guys are forget..."

Ah, well, I certainly understand that. I was a fan that was horribly miffed by the atrocity that was the Beautiful Creatures movie. However, I like to at least save my judgments until after I've actually seen the movie and the actors in the roles. I just wish more people could do that as well. :P

Then, once the movie is out, have at it all you like. Prejudging something though, is kind of pointless im my opinion.

Claire I like who they picked for Tris..I'm not sure about everyone else yet.

Tracie I think Miles Teller and Jai Courtney should switch characters

01alyssaz i like who you picked for four, but i think anna sophia robb would play tris better?

Chelsey Winstead I'm really disappointed about Shaliene Woodley playing Tris. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like she won't do it justice. Mainly I can't stand Secret Life. However, if she is cast as Tris and Hazel in The Fault in Our Stars, maybe she has talent I haven't seen yet. I agree that Anna Sophia may have been a better choice, or even a no name.

Sorrel Brittney wrote: "Sorrel wrote: "Brittney wrote: "Honestly. I don't really have a problem with anyone in this cast. This is actually the first cast I DON'T have a problem with. As for Jai not looking like Eric, you ..."

Y'know I think I sometimes find it better to watch the film first, because then I can't be disappointed. Also I always sit through the whole film smiling smugly as all my friends gasp 'cos I knew what was going to happen.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Miles Teller as Peter???????????????????????? I LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amreen Maggie Q As Tori is the only one I think they got right and maybe Tris and Christina but everyone else I don't think were cast well for appearance, I mean I won't care about their acting skills if they don't even look like who they're trying to act like. Now I'm just praying they don't screw up the plotline otherwise I'll flip stuff.

Sorrel I thought Tris was a little blonder maybe...

message 40: by Jack (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jack I don't like any of this cast except Kate Winslet. Ugh. :(

wildflower DaemonBlack (bookfreak) wrote: "Elektra wrote: "That's not how I imagined Uriah!"

i imagined him to look like Evan Ross but his pretty close to the part :) why though? how did you imagin him to look like?"

Not sure how I imagined him but I didn't think he was african-american. Evan Ross would be better than Romeo.

The_Halfblood_Muslim i think kate winslet is PERFECT for jeanine

Jai Courtney.... As Eric not watt i was really expecting
i DO NOT think that miss woodley fits tris AT ALL!!!
tris supposed to be 16 for gods sake
this woman is like 21yrs old !!!!!!
and theyre making the movie NEXT YEAR!
so she'll be 22!
and tris is also supposed to be small and not very pretty
pfft!
i see a model on that pic

The_Halfblood_Muslim christina is good
peter ......not so much
caleb is ready to go!
tori?.......nope
uriah......AWESOME!
whos molly atwood?

Sorrel Yamz0619 wrote: "i think kate winslet is PERFECT for jeanine

Jai Courtney.... As Eric not watt i was really expecting
i DO NOT think that miss woodley fits tris AT ALL!!!
tris supposed to be 16 for gods sake
this..."

I know right! Tris was supposed to look distinctive rather than pretty and had paler hair

amanda❀ That is not how I imagines Four..... Not at all...

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Tris is a total bust guys:(

Cassie Hollywood is going to ruin this awesome book because of the actors and actresses they have chosen. Shaliene Woodley's cast as Tris is horrible because she is mainly associated with The Secret Life of the American Teenager and that is who everyone will think of when they see her. Plus I can't see her holding a gun or going through the rigorous training that the Dauntless go through. Honestly all of these actors and actresses do not match the characters in the novel. The fans and author should have more influence on who is chosen so that Hollywood doesn't destroy another movie made from a book. Also, if the characters match the characters in the novel better, the more likely they will see it more than once, therefore the producers would make more money. It truly a win-win situation.

Shannyn Cassie has it all right. Four for you Cassie. You go Cassie. Plus everyone looks waaayy older than they are in the book.

Elizabeth Hmmm... I have imagined Four to be broodier; you know, the dark, a little sullen type and if he were to smile, it's just a slight upturn at the corner of his mouth such that it seems more like a smirk. I don't know about Theo James, but I think he can be a believable Four (although he seems a little too ... erhm... good-looking?). I think he can look believably as an 18 year old.
Shaliene as Tris - sorry, but I have no idea who she is. Thought she looks a bit too pretty to be Tris? Tris is supposed to be 16 but looks like a little girl (12?).
Think Maggie Q will make a good Tori; Kate Winslet will make a good Jeannie. Jai Courtney, with good makeover and all, can make a good Eric (he needs to grow his hair longer & apply lots of grease & dye his hair).
Can't wait for the movie to be out.

Sophie Not sure about Eric- the actor I would've liked for him would've been Chris Ratz- with greasy hair, he would've had the whole sort-of skinny, ratty, evil-look going on :)

description

Chris Ratz ^^^

« previous 1 3