BOOK LOVERS! discussion

Group reads > April Book of the Month Suggestions!!!

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, I know that as of recently, this group's activity has just fallen drastically, I beg of you, please help is get this group active again!!! :)

Please suggest a book here. All suggestions of any genre welcome here.

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma If you love, or just like the fairy tale "Beauty and the Beast" you must read Juliet Marillier's Heart's Blood

It is one of the best adaptations of the story I have ever read.
Juliet Marillier is an incredible writer, her character always surprise and amazing me. They are always unique and have this inner fortitude and gentleness about them. It is always a delight to read Juliet's books, so please treat yourself and read "Heart's Blood" or any other of her wonderful books

Heart's Blood (Whistling Tor, #1) by Juliet Marillier Heart's Blood by Juliet Marillier Heart's Blood by Juliet Marillier

message 3: by Dimity (new)

Dimity | 1 comments Pure Series by Julianna Baggott :)

Amy (readalotsleepyhead)  (readalotsleepyhead) | 55 comments The Bridge I've been meaning to read this for a while, apparently it's really good!

message 5: by Jessie (new)

message 6: by Erikitu (new)

Erikitu | 1 comments "P.S. I love you" of Cecelia Ahern, the book is bether than movie...like almost always.

message 7: by LizC (new)

LizC (lizcmd) | 7 comments I don't know, maybe:
Hopeless description

I looove this book! ;)

message 8: by Raj (new)

Raj (quintus) | 56 comments recently I read this one -> The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #1) by Douglas Adams . Very nice one.

message 9: by Jacy (new)

Jacy (jazabell) | 73 comments How about Touched by an Alien (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #1) by Gini Koch . I've heard some good opinions from a few friends.

message 10: by Ratz (new)

Ratz I'm suggesting The Tied Man (The Tied Man, #1) by Tabitha McGowan . It's actually in my top to-be-read list :)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

message 12: by Rossy (new)

Rossy | 46 comments City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5) by Cassandra Clare City of Lost Souls!! IT SHOULD TOTALLY WINNNN

message 13: by Rebecca (last edited Jun 08, 2013 03:39AM) (new)

Rebecca Rossy wrote: "City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare City of Lost Souls!! IT SHOULD TOTALLY WINNNN"

Agreed! I love the Mortal Instruments Series as well as The Infernal Devices. Can't wait for City of Heavenly Fire to come out next year, as well as the whole of the Dark Artifices!

Series' that I like include the Hunger Games Series (but I'm pretty sure everyone had read them by now), the Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick and the Fallen Series by Lauren Kate :D

message 14: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidiarb) | 3 comments Please let me know when you choose a book for a club date. I'd LOVE to talk books with people. As for recs ... too many ... I'd like to read, though, something I haven't already. So far, many have recommended some interesting reads.

message 15: by Carmen (new)

Carmen | 691 comments I've been in this book club for almost a year and I don't recall anyone suggesting a book of the month! We just read what we like and comment on the book and let the other members know if we like it. We will ask for book recommendations. You'll get feedback from one or several of the members. In this book club it seems to me we read what we like and share our thoughts and comment about the books freely!!

Welcome to the the book club Heidi!

I too love to read !!! I read many different genres!!! I'm probably the oldest member of the group, I'm 58 years old! My kids are probably your age. I saw the list of books you have read. The children's books, I also read to my boys when they were young.They are now 26 and 29 years old.

message 16: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidiarb) | 3 comments Okay ... so I have to recommend, though it's not YA (sorry for coloring outside of the lines here) EVERYTHING IS ILLUMINATED by Jonathan Safran Foer. I'm now reading EXTREMELY LOUD ... his first one. Just magical!
(I'm 40 ... though I don't act it!) And I read so much YA since it's the genre I write it. But I love books, too.

message 17: by Carmen (new)

Carmen | 691 comments I will look into Jonathan Safron's books. Thanks for the suggestions your mentioned. I've sometimes have enjoyed YA book! What have you written or have had published? Have a great weekend!!!

message 18: by Carmen (new)

Carmen | 691 comments Sorry Jonathan Safran Foer!

message 19: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidiarb) | 3 comments Oh. Thanks for asking. My books are here on GOODREADS: Freeze Frame, Compromised, Compulsion and Wanted. Working hard on book #5.
You'll LOVE JS Foer. Just plain old AMAZING!!!

message 20: by Poet Gentleness (last edited Jul 03, 2013 07:12PM) (new)

Poet Gentleness ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ wrote: "Yes, I know that as of recently, this group's activity has just fallen drastically, I beg of you, please help is get this group active again!!! :)

Please suggest a book here. All suggestions of an..."

Okay, let me try to help:
1-
TRUST: A New Beginning Trust: A New Beginning
and
2-
TRUST: Betrayed Trust: Betrayed
Those tow are part of an adult contemporary trilogy that has its third book coming out on autumn 2013) Erotic romance. Trust: Pandora's Box
3-
And a philosophical one: THE MODERN MAN, a divagation of the evil banality of daily acts. Bilingual book English-Portuguese, awarded with highest grade and Honors when I was in law School, that I published in May 2013. The Modern Man: A philosophical divagation about the evil banality of daily acts

All the three books are finalists on Readers' Favorite 2013 award, and THE MODERN MAN has won, at least, a bronze medal.

My author dashboard: http://www.goodreads.com/author/dashb...
My link:
Cristiane Serruya Cristiane Serruya

I'm quite occupied now with a course in Brown University and writing the last book of the trilogy,
but, yes, if it's not too much work, I'll help with pleasure

4-
Why don't you choose an author and make like a blog too? I'll be doing lectures in schools about THE MODERN MAN. I can set a date to talk about it here too, if you want. It's a quite interesting book and subject. Just suggesting books can be...err... quite common? Why don't we set a date to talk about them?
One per month? One per week? Almost like a course?

Now, if you help me, how I invite friends and what should I do more?
Cris x

message 21: by Mona (new)

Mona Shedd | 1 comments ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ wrote: "Yes, I know that as of recently, this group's activity has just fallen drastically, I beg of you, please help is get this group active again!!! :)

Please suggest a book here. All suggestions of an..."

I just finished reading The Silent Wife and The Light Between Oceans... both very good books.

message 22: by Pascale (new)

Pascale | 3 comments I don't have a suggestion as I am a bit time depleted... but I will read your posts to find my next book. =)

message 23: by Carmen (new)

Carmen | 691 comments Silent Wife I've read reviews is very good. Let me know when we decide on a book. I wouldn't mind reading Silent Wife or a mystery. I love romantic thrillers too . Like authors Lisa Jackson,Lisa Gardner,or Tess Gerritsen.

message 24: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 166 comments For April 2014??

The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set City of Bones; City of Ashes; City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #1-3) by Cassandra Clare

Let's read a serie.