The Immortals of Meluha (Shiva Trilogy, #1) The Immortals of Meluha question

The Shiva Trilogy- Oath of the Vayuputras
Prakruti Maniar Prakruti (last edited Mar 16, 2013 10:53PM ) Mar 16, 2013 10:17AM
I have just finished reading the third book. It would be wrong the say Amish is a brilliant author, but he is a brilliant storymaker. Mythology, history and fiction come together beautifully to create a very convoluted yet believable and fascinating version of Indian mythology. To have thought of something from such a creative perspectives, deserves praise and thus, the books rightly deserve the success they have achieved.
The first book was wonderful, introducing us to a new world with wonderful characters. However, it is the lack of content in the second book and overdose of the same in the third that seem to put the trilogy in a bit of an imbalance.
I am no jury, but Had the content of naga and vayuputras been distributed a little more equally, it would have been better.
That is not to say the Third book is bad. It is not bad at all. it is brilliant, well told and the emotions of all have been portrayed beautifully.
I cried at the description of Shiva's state after the death of his beloved. The misery of Daksha as a failed father, the fierce loyalty of the meluhans, the battle between the egyptian assassins and Sati, are some of the most well written parts. Amish has undoubtedly grown as a writer . However, after around the trip to Pariha, the novel packs much, sometimes too much, in its almost 600 pages.
The angle of the vayuputras seems a little random, having minimal, although significantly important to the central character, backstory.
But all in all, it is very good book. You will a void at Shiva's loss, will awe at the intensity of his love for Sati and will understand his grief, shed tears even, at Sati's death.
Another beautiful feature is how the author has steered clear from a happy ever after ending, bringing a touch of reality to this piece of fiction.
Also, As I was thinking about the book later (yes, it does leave an impact), I realized that towards the end It became more a quest of vengeance than the destruction of Evil. That is a huge downpoint. Some things were not explained clearly...like Ganesh being revered as the ultimate god, Bhrigu and Parvateshwar's change needed a little depth too.

very true!! there was too much of content, it took me two full days to finish it..Nevertheless, a great book that is capable of virtually carrying us to the ancient land itself!

Prakruti Maniar It is not about how long one took to read the book, as it is about how this hurried pace makes the reading slightly shallow.
Mar 16, 2013 10:55PM · flag