Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Miscellaneous Book Talk > book websites

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments So where do you all get your book recommendations? I was thinking of the 3 or 4 that I use, and wondered if you all had any interesting ones to add to my list. I use Goodreads, of course, but also Stop You're Killing Me, Bookreporter.com, and Fantastic Fiction.

message 2: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2628 comments I get so many good suggestions from this board and Goodreads that I haven't had to look at another site for quite a while.

message 3: by Melodie (last edited Mar 16, 2013 11:46AM) (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3599 comments Goodreads is pretty much my major source, too. I go over to Fictfact every so often, and I get SYKM's monthly newsletter. I pretty much delete the Bookreporter weekly e-mails anymore. They almost never have anything that interests me, and I just don't care for the gal who writes it. I find her overbearing.

message 4: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandin954) | 1189 comments Besides Goodreads and Stop Your're Killing Me I get a lot of recommendations from these two blogs:

The Rap Sheet

Bookgasm

message 5: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2965 comments I also use fantastic fiction.

message 6: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3498 comments I use mostly the same ones you mentioned more from GRS. I also get some from bookpage or even Romantic times which I stopped getting the magazine in the mail so now when I'm at BN and see a new issue I buy it but they now do the digital version which is alittle cheaper than the paper one and I'm thinking I might end up subscribing it. but I stopped it because I wasn't never reading the current issue and I was getting some of the same info on GRS or the other places I look up. but you might check their website because they give good reviews and also they have a ebook section that tells discounted or free books. mostly kindle but when you check BN sometimes they have book for free if you are lucky.
RT has so changed since I first started getting it back when they started up. now it's not only romance anymore.

message 7: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1257 comments I get all my recommendations here from you guys on Goodreads. I use Stop You're Killing Me to help me read in order and I use Fantastic Fiction to track new releases.

message 8: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14294 comments Mostly Goodreads for me, which between groups, friends and the ads gives me suggestions aplenty! I catch a few on Twitter where I follow quite a few authors and like to keep up with new series books on FictFact.com. I get a few eBook ideas from my library's genre newsletters and from the home page on Overdrive and a few audio ideas from audible.com. I agree with Melodie, not so much from Bookreporter anymore.

message 9: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2628 comments I like Fictfact to track my series. It's a simple, one-stop place to see which book is next up and when a new book in the series is released. The only separate list I maintain is of non-series authors I like.

message 10: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Thanks all!! I appreciate the feedback. I am off.to.find some of your suggestions. Never can have enough :)