Insurgent (Divergent, #2) Insurgent discussion

Theo James casted as four!!!!!!

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janhavi♥herondale (last edited Mar 16, 2013 09:50AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Janhavi♥herondale Why isn't Lucas till or Alex pettyfer casted as four!! what do you feel about this casting choice?

Siobhan I like him as four! He will always have poo on his nose for me though, after the Inbetweeners.

Pranshu I'm really disappointed but there's nothing we can do about it. I was really liking the cast so far but now......not so much.

message 4: by Mirkat (last edited Mar 17, 2013 11:29AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mirkat Tris mentioned his having dark blue eyes so many times, I'm surprised they didn't cast a blue-eyed actor. Maybe he'll wear blue contacts?

Why isn't Lucas till or Alex pettyfer casted as four!!

I had to do a Google-image search to see who these guys are. They're both very fair/blond--Four was described as having dark brown hair that almost looked black. Lucas Till also strikes me as too baby-faced for the role. I'd imagine him looking more rugged.

Rachel Janhavi wrote: "Why isn't Lucas till or Alex pettyfer casted as four!! what do you feel about this casting choice?"

I am so glad that neither of them were casted as four! Theo James isn't a horrible pick he looks close enough to the part, but has anybody seen him in anything? Is he a good actor.

I kinda wanted Brenton Thwaites to play four though

Claire Fun I think he's a good actor, I saw him in Bedlam and as mr pamook in Downton abbey - good looking, brooding and masculine. I think he'll make a *brilliant* four - I was worried it would be some babyfaced little boy I wouldn't be able to fancy as I'd be twice his age...Theo James I'm quite content to drool over. He's good looking but not too 'pretty' to be believable as four. Great news - my favourite casting so far!

message 7: by Janhavi♥herondale (last edited Mar 17, 2013 02:16PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Janhavi♥herondale Rachel wrote: "Janhavi wrote: "Why isn't Lucas till or Alex pettyfer casted as four!! what do you feel about this casting choice?"

I am so glad that neither of them were casted as four! Theo James isn't a horri..."

I completely agree with about brenton Thwaties!! :)
I wasn't really rooting for lucas till or alex pettyfer...but i was kinda surprised, becuase they were the leads in getting the role

message 8: by Chisom (new) - added it

Chisom ugh nooooooo! He's just waaaay to pretty boy and old to be Four! I always imagined Four as a young punk 17 year old with black hair and gorgeous smile though still very hard edged. I just can't see Theo pulling him off, sorry :/

April I'm nopt crazy about him as Four!! I would've def prefered Alex Pettyfer as Four!! He looks sooo much more like the Four in my head, not this Theo James guy! But I'm more worried about how his acting is, than by what he looks like. But he's not who I picture as Four, not even close.

Inês its not how i've imagine Four but i'll give him a chance :)

Godiva3 Chisom *AngelBooky* wrote: "ugh nooooooo! He's just waaaay to pretty boy and old to be Four! I always imagined Four as a young punk 17 year old with black hair and gorgeous smile though still very hard edged. I just can't see..."

Totally agree!

Mockingjay4421ncis Nope, not seeing the movie now. JK, I'll try it. But i agree with these people above me; punk with black hair and everything... *sighs* If they ruin both this and the Artemis Fowl movie, then that's it. I'm retiring. (From my job that I never had...)

message 13: by zara (last edited Mar 21, 2013 03:32PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

zara I think it's only fair to give him chance. I watched his show on tv the other day, and I thought that he can do justice to four. veronica said he captured four's strength, authority and vulnerability perfectly. after watching his show, I definitely see that intensity in him. I rather see him in character and in the movie trailer before passing judgements.

message 14: by Edna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Edna I am not happy about it, but to be fair I have never seen this actor in action. I am solely basing my dislike in his casting as Four because this is not what I imagined in my head at all. I feel that Four was described completely differently, and based on Theo's pictures, I can't bring myself to see it! But I guess all we can hope for is that the movie does well. Loved the book. :)

Ashleigh Oh the thrill. He can song and he's ripped! perfect

message 16: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy Radcliffe I don't mind him :) but I would have preferred Dean Geyer aka Brody from Glee aka Mark Reynolds from Terra Nova aka my future husband <3

The_Halfblood_Muslim i dont think any of them fit four
except this one guy
HE WAS PERFECT!!!!!
i forgot his name though sadly

message 18: by Ryan (last edited Mar 22, 2013 10:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ryan I thought everyone was a little of the mark. But not by to much. I wasn't expecting four or tris to be them though. But we have to give them a chance. If they do a bad job then we will give them a hard time. Until then, let's see how this plays out.

Ashleigh Same Sarah but then I thought about it more and then liked the idea

Paramoreoke I think that guy was from the last Underworld movie...
He looked like a cool Brit vampire there, though.

Claudia the Night Owl Yes! That boy is Hot and he'll make an excellent Four.