Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Reference > Authors post your Animal Books Here!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 16, 2013 07:21AM) (new)

Hi, Authors post your Animal Books Here!

message 2: by Abha (new)

Abha C. (abhac) | 40 comments The Little Ant

I am not sure if this is what you had in mind but here's a children's picture book with animals as the main characters :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I have three children's storybooks about a group of birds, life-long friends, who travel across America seeking adventure and making new friends.

Here is the Amazon link to all three books
http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00B0T04SI

message 4: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Ormond | 15 comments I wrote "Believing In Horses," about a young girl who commits to saving unwanted horses. Believing in Horses

message 5: by Rob (new)

Rob Godfrey | 17 comments My first book: Yorkshire Dales: A Dog Walker's Guide Yorkshire Dales A Dog Walker's Guide by Rob Godfrey
If you ever get to the Yorkshire Dales and want some good walks with your best friend, then this has 20 circular trails with lots of variation (even pubs & cafe's that welcome dogs).

message 6: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 34 comments I have two children's picture e-books with animals as their main characters. These animals have a problem and through hard work, perseverance and a large dose of imagination, and an unusual friend, they gain a surprise ending. Funny books that make children from ages 4-9 giggle.

The Snake Who Wanted To Be A Horse (WantsToBe) by Valerie Harmon
The Snake Who Wanted To Be A Horse

And

The Elephant Who Wanted To Be A Bee The Elephant Who Wanted To Be A Bee by Valerie Harmon

message 7: by Craig (last edited Mar 18, 2013 01:43PM) (new)

Craig Inglis | 21 comments I also have an inspirational book about love and determination.The main character is "Lucky" a dog who triumphs over a disability. www.luckythechidrensbook.com

message 8: by Craig (new)

Craig Inglis | 21 comments Lucky is a story about a dog who overcomes adversity, with love and determination. Beautiful illustrations like art work. Price lowered to $8.96 for the paperback

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Marie Gabriel (lisamariegabriel) | 207 comments The Cat the Bat and the Burglar is a true picture book that I edited and produced for author illustrator, Colin Mason. It is really a "horror" story for children in illuminated verse and both verse and illustrations are really lovely. I recently produced a Kindle version in time for Christmas as the hardback version (on Lulu) is quite expensive. It is available on Amazon as a US paperback too. Although theoretically aimed at the 9-12 age group, I think it can be appreciated by anyone from 7-107 to be honest. Please go take a look, Colin's pictures are lovely!

message 10: by Setlu (new)

Setlu Vairst | 57 comments Hiya everyone! My book has recently been released and is on a free promotion between 24-26 December. There's a link to the trailer below. Hope you will give it a try. Tell your friends...

Just letting people know the book is available from TODAY until the 26th Dec

Here's wishing you a Happy Christmas and a Super Solstice!

Unicorn - Journey Beyond Forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZblg...

And here's a link to the Amazon page...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Unicorn-Journ...

message 11: by Jan (last edited Feb 04, 2014 07:36AM) (new)

Jan Hurst-Nicholson (janhurst-nicholson) | 256 comments Hi,
My two Leon Chameleon PI books were intended to teach children about the small creatures of South Africa - without the children even realising. The animals solve the crimes using their natural animal instincts.

Leon Chameleon P.I. and the Case of the Missing Canary Eggs by Jan Hurst-Nicholson Leon Chameleon P.I. and the Case of the Missing Canary Eggs

Leon Chameleon PI and the case of the kidnapped mouse by Janet Hurst-Nicholson Leon Chameleon PI and the case of the kidnapped mouse

They are humorous animal detective stories. At the end of the 'kidnapped mouse' there is a section of interesting facts about the animals.

message 12: by Lara (new)

Lara O'Brien | 9 comments A little different but an animal adventure for sure.

Chesca and the Spirit of Grace by Lara O'Brien

message 14: by Anna (new)

Anna Larson | 7 comments This is a memoir about my horse Hobo and his life with me. It also includes a photo journal of one of his other equine buddies my mule Shy Ann.

I'm offering free kindle copies for the month of February 2014 in exchange for an honest review.
The Horse that Haunts Dreams by Anna M. Larson