Lovers of Paranormal discussion

Apocalypse Z: Uncommon Ground (Zombie Novel, #2)
This topic is about Apocalypse Z
Previous Challenges threads > Book Cover Challenge - Blue (3/16 - 4/15)

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cristina (last edited Mar 16, 2013 05:25PM) (new)

Cristina (mrsbudryzer) | 371 comments This month's cover challenge color is BLUE!

So, go out there and find some bookcovers with the color blue. Anything blue counts, clothing, background, title, blue sky, blue eyes...etc.

Dark Blue and Light Blue are good. BUT, let's stick with basic hues. No teal or aquamarine or anything like that.

The winner will win a free signed paperback copy of Apocalypse Z: Uncommon Ground!
Apocalypse Z: Uncommon Ground
Apocalypse Z Uncommon Ground (Zombie Novel, #2) by G.E. Swanson

Book Synopsis:
A group of young adults have been living a zombie free existence for almost a year in a cabin and deserted logging camp located high in the mountains of Washington. The winter was extremely harsh and a lot more than what they expected. Supplies run low and the cabin is in desperate need of repairs before the next winter. As the weather warms they go back out into the zombie infested world to get what they need. They quickly discover that the zombies are not rotting away or falling apart as they had hoped.

This book contains: graphic violence and strong language.

This is the second book in the Apocalypse Z series.

Thank you to G.E. Swanson for kindly donating his book!!
G.E. Swanson

Remember, you must read a minimum of 5 books to win and your name will be entered once for every 5 books you read. So, if you read 15 books for this challenge: you have three chances to win!

As always...books under 100 pages do not qualify.
This challenge starts now (3/16) through 4/15.

Ready, set, go!!!
Shortcut to the Challenge:
http://www.goodreads.com/challenges/1...

message 2: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments Soooo, i'm reading a book with a blue cover at the moment...i'm 67% through it. Does it still count?

message 3: by Jill (new)

Jill (adecentmelody) Is Apocalypse Z: Uncommon Ground the kind of book you can read without reading the first one? Or are prizes for these challenges often books in the middle of a series?

Just curious.

message 4: by G.E. (new) - added it

G.E. Swanson (GESwanson) | 10 comments Jill wrote: "Is Apocalypse Z: Uncommon Ground the kind of book you can read without reading the first one? Or are prizes for these challenges often books in the middle of a series?

Just curious."

You don't need to read the first one, it is a separate adventure.

message 5: by Cristina (new)

Cristina (mrsbudryzer) | 371 comments Gabby wrote: "Soooo, i'm reading a book with a blue cover at the moment...i'm 67% through it. Does it still count?"

Negative. Only less than 50% would work. :( Sorry

message 6: by Lynda (new)

Lynda Bester | 7 comments Um...sorry, i get the 5 books equals 1 entry, but where and how does the blue come in? Must the books all have a certain amount of blue in the cover? Sorry! first time seeing this.

message 7: by Jill (new)

Jill (adecentmelody) G.E. wrote: "You don't need to read the first one, it is a separate adventure. "

Phew, Thanks G.E.! 'Course if I like it, it's good to know there's more! :D (IF I win.)

message 8: by Cristina (new)

Cristina (mrsbudryzer) | 371 comments Lynda wrote: "Um...sorry, i get the 5 books equals 1 entry, but where and how does the blue come in? Must the books all have a certain amount of blue in the cover? Sorry! first time seeing this."

Sorry. We do this same challenge every month, and I forget to include ALL the details EVERY month. So sorry....I'm going to edit the description up top....

But, basically, the Cover Challenges are monthly...and every month I pick a color. If you join in on the challenge, you must find books with that color anywhere on the cover. Any amount of the color counts...even if it's just the person's eyes that are on the cover.

Does that clear it up??

message 9: by Cristina (new)

message 10: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments I'm always reading books with blue covers! I've been waiting for this one FOR EVER and now i'm not reading anything blue! Lol :)

message 11: by Lynda (new)

Lynda Bester | 7 comments Cristina wrote: "Lynda wrote: "Um...sorry, i get the 5 books equals 1 entry, but where and how does the blue come in? Must the books all have a certain amount of blue in the cover? Sorry! first time seeing this."

..."

Hi, thanks. Yes that does help, pity i cant list the books i have already read. I am going to hunt and see how many 'bues' i have not read yet, then try enter. Sounds like fun!

message 12: by Cristina (new)

Cristina (mrsbudryzer) | 371 comments This challenge is officially over!!! Will be announcing the winner soon. :)

message 13: by Brandy (new)

Brandy Nacole (brandynacole) | 72 comments Poo, I only had 2.

message 14: by Cristina (new)

Cristina (mrsbudryzer) | 371 comments Congrats to Ariella!!! You won!!

message 15: by Ariella (new)

Ariella (ariellah980) | 312 comments Thanks