Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Someone Added my Experimental Book

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Austin (new)

Austin Briggs | 6 comments Hi guys,

I just realised that someone has added my unpublished draft short story to GR and, on top, rated it "1". This rating is thoroughly deserved, because the story is an early draft and is quite bad.

This means that when I eventually complete and publish this book, it'll already have a "1" rating.

Right now, it's an experimental draft which I'm rewriting completely. It's only available as a private PDF give-away at my site and I've never intended to publish it in its current state.

Is there a way to delete this entry? I understand the GR policies, but surely the intent isn't to haunt authors with their old drafts that should be thrown away and forgotten? It's not a "book", it's not "in print", it's not sold anywhere. It's just a PDF experiment.

Here's the entry:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...

Many thanks for your kind help,

Austin.

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim Austin wrote: "Hi guys,

I just realised that someone has added my unpublished draft short story to GR and, on top, rated it "1". This rating is thoroughly deserved, because the story is an early draft and is qu..."

The person who rated the book is the one who added your manuscript. You might want to communicate with her directly and explain what your expectations were for the giveaway and ask her to delete her "review". After that, I believe a super librarian will be able to delete your manuscript.

message 3: by Austin (new)

Austin Briggs | 6 comments Thanks Jim! I'll do that. I just checked and she is also an author, so she may understand my plight :)

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41994 comments Mod
No reviews or shelvings (the one there must have been deleted), and never published: deleted.