YA Addicts discussion

General Information > Introduce yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by M, Sleep deprived book worm (new)

M (milzg) | 110 comments Mod
Welcome to YA Addicts as a way to get to know each other better I have created this topic. Please tell us a bit about yourself e.g your likes, dislikes, cool facts etc. And also your favourite books (Please limit this to 5 books). If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask them in the topic Questions and Queries. Ok so I will start off by introducing myself:

Hi everyone!
My name is Milana and I am a 16 year old girl from Sydney Australia. My biggest hobby is probably reading and I am a certified addict. I enjoy other activities such as dance and drawing although I am not very good at either :( I have no pets at the moment but I really want a cat and am trying to convince mum to buy me one but so far it’s not working. I adore books and to only name my 5 favourites is killing me, they are (In no particular order):
Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1) by Simone Elkeles The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2) by Richelle Mead The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3) by Richelle Mead The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty Moseley While It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #3) by Abbi Glines
I am a crazy reader and read a book at least every three days if not more (it keeps me sane!!). My favourite tv shows are NCIS, Vampire Diaries and Skins uk. My favourite colour is purple followed by blue and green, but I don’t like pink at all. My favourite authors are Richelle Mead and Jennifer L. Armentrout. I love all things YA especially contemporary YA and paranormal romance YA. I hope to get to know all of you better :)
-Milana x

message 2: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) Hi my name is Sydney, I'm 18, and I live in Texas, U.S. I absolutely love to read books (not just YA books). My favorite books are The Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare, the Hush, Hush saga by Becca Fitzpatrick, the Wicked Years by Gregory Maguire, Divergent by Veronica Roth, Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling, and Across the Universe trilogy by Beth Revis. I don't really do anything else in my spare time except for read, do school work, and sometimes volunteer.

I love animals, and I have 3 pets, a dog, a cat, and a snake. I am also a vegetarian and after college, I would like to become a nutritionist.

I don't watch TV very much, but my favorite shows are Castle and Once Upon a Time and I absolutely love musicals.

message 3: by Varsha (new)

Varsha | 8 comments Hi everyone :)
My name is Varsha and I'm from Bangalore, India. I'm 16 years old and a voracious reader. Sometimes, I need to be dragged away from my books to spend time with friends and family :P I love playing basketball and also singing.
Now my favorite books, The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare, The Covenant series and The Lux series by JLA, Bloodlines by Richelle Mead, Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan.
My favorite TV shows are Supernatural, White Collar, TVD and PLL. I'm a huge Maroon 5 fan. I love country and pop music.

message 4: by M, Sleep deprived book worm (new)

Sydney wrote: "Hi my name is Sydney, I'm 18, and I live in Texas, U.S. I absolutely love to read books (not just YA books). My favorite books are The Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Cl..."

Varsha wrote: "Hi everyone :)
My name is Varsha and I'm from Bangalore, India. I'm 16 years old and a voracious reader. Sometimes, I need to be dragged away from my books to spend time with friends and family :P ..."

Hi Sydney and Varsha welcome to the group!
I have to say I adore the mortal instruments series so much Magnus and Alec are my official OTP forever<3333333333 What about your guys? Gotta say I am so over the whole clary and Jace ship I mean 5 books and they still haven't got it on... seems like it’s never going to happen :l Simon and Isabelle is another matter all together they are perf for each other :D Have you read clockwork spinoff? Is really good and i really love Will in that series you should definatley check it out.

Varsha you should so check out Wait for Youby JLA it is epically amazing!

message 5: by Varsha (last edited Mar 16, 2013 09:54PM) (new)

Varsha | 8 comments Yeah I can't get enough of Cassie's shadow hunters. I know, the whole Malec thing broke my heart. Hopefully they'll work things out in City of Heavenly Fire. Fingers crossed. I missed the real Jace. He hasn't been himself :( And as for Simon and Izzy, they're perfect for each other. I loved the scenes between them in City of Lost Souls.
You know I'd pre ordered Clockwork Princess and I was supposed to get it on 19th but I just found out that it'll be a week late. That killed my buzz.

I've already read Wait For You Milana and I fell in love with Cam :P Do you know JLA has decided to write a sequel? It's Be With Me

message 6: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) Milana wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Hi my name is Sydney, I'm 18, and I live in Texas, U.S. I absolutely love to read books (not just YA books). My favorite books are The Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices series ..."

Jace and Clary bore me sometimes, however I LOVE Simon and Isabelle and Alec and Magnus! <3 they're the best couples ever!

message 7: by Cathal (new)

Cathal Reynolds (khakipantsofsex) | 1 comments Hi I'm Patricia I'm a 16 year old girl from Sydney who misses Milana because she hasn't seen her for years :(
I like reading and writing and fangirling. I like reading YA novels but also mystery/crime and horror/thriller. My five favourite books are The Art of Racing in the Rain, Running Wild, the Harry Potter series, The Sky is Everywhere and Blood Brother.
I watch a lot of tv which probably isn't a very good thing, including Doctor Who, the Mighty Boosh, Spooks, and Top Gear.
And I have 5 chickens.

message 8: by Emma (new)

Emma (elleandflowers) Hello everyone!^_^

My name is Emma, I'm 17 and I'm from England. Besides reading, I would say that I love listening to K-POP and drawing. Now onto the books!:) In no particular order, I love the Harry Potter series, the Mortal Instruments Series and also the Vampire Academy series. I have quite a few books that I love but I'll stick to the fantasy like genre for now.^_^

I mostly love British television series including Sherlock and Coronation Street, a good old classic, but I quite often watch American series such as The Vampire Diaries and Pretty Little Liars. Currently I'm really into those 'reality' television shows such as Say Yes to the Dress as they pass the time quickly.:) I love everything and anything that is fantasy and supernatural but I'm open to most genres really. I hope we can be great friends!^_^

~Emma^_^♥

message 9: by M, Sleep deprived book worm (new)

Varsha wrote: "Yeah I can't get enough of Cassie's shadow hunters. I know, the whole Malec thing broke my heart. Hopefully they'll work things out in City of Heavenly Fire. Fingers crossed. I missed the real Jace..."

We have to wait another 12 freaking months!!!! for The city of heavenly fire :( That really pissed me off I mean that's just crazy! I'm all about suspense but that is too long to wait for some more Malec:(
I haven't actually read clockwork Princess to be honest I am kind of scared to as I really want her to end up with Will and I'm worried she will end up with Jem. I don't know if I can bear to read that while it's happening:(

Did you say sequel? *Squealllllllllllllllllllllll* Asdfghjkl; my excitement cannot be contained I am dancing around my room like a lunatic. Oh man I just loved Cam... Cookies anyone?

message 10: by M, Sleep deprived book worm (new)

Fish wrote: "Hi I'm Patricia I'm a 16 year old girl from Sydney who misses Milana because she hasn't seen her for years :(
I like reading and writing and fangirling. I like reading YA novels but also mystery/cr..."

Fish!!!!! How are you? It has actually been years :( Thats crazy!
ahaha are those your Yr 8 ag chickens? I had to give mine away when I moved, pecky and chirpy are still sorley missed :(

message 11: by M, Sleep deprived book worm (last edited Mar 18, 2013 12:08AM) (new)

Emma wrote: "Hello everyone!^_^

My name is Emma, I'm 17 and I'm from England. Besides reading, I would say that I love listening to K-POP and drawing. Now onto the books!:) In no particular order, I love the H..."

Hi Emma , nice to meet you!

Vampire Academy was perf. Did you know that their making a movie but calling it "Blood Sister: Vampire Academy" that name pretty much ruined it for me and the actors they picked are not what I pictured the three main characters to look like :(
However you should definitely check out the spinoff ‘bloodlines’ it’s so much better that VA (which is saying a lot!)

message 12: by Nickson (new)

Nickson Otieno | 1 comments Hi guys I am Nickson from kenya I really like reading and I hope that I am in the right place so I am looking forward to have fun thanks.

message 13: by M, Sleep deprived book worm (new)

Nickson wrote: "Hi guys I am Nickson from kenya I really like reading and I hope that I am in the right place so I am looking forward to have fun thanks."

Hey Nickson :)
Yeah, I think we can establish that as long as you enjoy a good book you should be fine here ;) Do you have a favourite book or genre?

message 14: by Varsha (new)

Varsha | 8 comments Milana wrote: "Varsha wrote: "Yeah I can't get enough of Cassie's shadow hunters. I know, the whole Malec thing broke my heart. Hopefully they'll work things out in City of Heavenly Fire. Fingers crossed. I misse..."

I couldn't believe it when i saw the publishing date. At least we have the movie coming out in August.
Oh trust me i know how you feel. I'm terrified to read Clockwork Princess but at the same time so excited. I know its gonna be a heart breaker but I just want the book. Will Herondale forever <3 but i don't want Jem to die either. Argh!

Yup a sequel. Haha that was precisely my reaction when i found out. Its going to be about Theresa.
Meeee i want Cam's cookies *raises hand eagerly* Cookies always remind me of Cam and Daemon :P

message 15: by M, Sleep deprived book worm (last edited Mar 18, 2013 12:58AM) (new)

Varsha wrote: "Milana wrote: "Varsha wrote: "Yeah I can't get enough of Cassie's shadow hunters. I know, the whole Malec thing broke my heart. Hopefully they'll work things out in City of Heavenly Fire. Fingers c..."

Bahaha I totally forgot about Daemon until you mentioned it now I will probably forever associate cookies with fictional book characters.

I am so not keen for the movie, I am the guy who plays Jace is ugly, Harsh but true. Jace is supposed to be perfect blond sex on legs and the actor just isn't; his hair is limp for one. Also what's with Clary's height and hair colour? I just think this is going to be a disaster. Everyone who is not a true MI will probably adore it but I don't think many people who have been following the books since the start will enjoy it as much but that’s just my opinion it might end up being amazing.

Will Herondale just the name makes me sigh in envy. I know what you mean I really don't want Jem to die I just want him to end up with someone else...

message 16: by Kerrit (new)

Kerrit Hey!

I am Kerrit, from Estonia. Probably you don't know that place, but it's in Europe.
I really really love reading books. Right now im on a spring holiday, so guess what i am doing! Of course im reading, which is bad, beacause the weather is amazing. I can't go out because of the books! There are so many of them, what i haven't read yet!
I have two favorite books wich are Sweet Evil( Best book in the hole wide WORLD!) and Angelfall! They both are so good and I am depressively vaiting for their sequels!
I also like to write my own stuff!
My favorite generes are pretty much everything!

PS! Im sorry if my english is bad! It's not my native language! I try my best!

message 17: by M, Sleep deprived book worm (new)

Kerrit wrote: "Hey!

I am Kerrit, from Estonia. Probably you don't know that place, but it's in Europe.
I really really love reading books. Right now im on a spring holiday, so guess what i am doing! Of course i..."

Hi Kerrit,
Firstly your English is fine. It probably better than mine!
Secondly, I have heard about Estonia (mainly because I watch Eurovision when it is on) also as I am Serbian I tend to know all these tiny European countries no one else does :P
I am so keen to read Angelfall the cover of the book is just stunning!!

message 18: by Varsha (new)

Varsha | 8 comments Milana wrote: "Varsha wrote: "Milana wrote: "Varsha wrote: "Yeah I can't get enough of Cassie's shadow hunters. I know, the whole Malec thing broke my heart. Hopefully they'll work things out in City of Heavenly ..."

I'm waiting to get my hands on Origin. I wish it was August already *sigh*
You're right Jamie isn't the perfect Jace but once I saw the trailer, I realized he isn't bad. That's just my opinion . Have you seen that movie still of Magnus? That is perfection :)

message 19: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) Hello everyone and welcome to the group!

message 20: by M, Sleep deprived book worm (new)

Varsha wrote: "Milana wrote: "Varsha wrote: "Milana wrote: "Varsha wrote: "Yeah I can't get enough of Cassie's shadow hunters. I know, the whole Malec thing broke my heart. Hopefully they'll work things out in Ci..."

I Know right! They picked the perfect actor for Magnus :D

message 21: by T.C. (new)

T.C. Slonaker | 4 comments Hi!
My name's Tracy and I'm 38. I write YA books, so I like to join groups like this to see what you guys all think of the books out there, what you like and don't like.

(So please keep talking about it!)

I am pretty deep in editing these days, so I haven't been able to read as much. But I really liked the Hunger Games (first 2 anyway.)

PS- Here's my website, if you want to see the series I am working on.
http://protectthecause.weebly.com/the...

message 22: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) Welcome to the group Tracy!

message 23: by T.C. (new)

T.C. Slonaker | 4 comments Thanks!

message 24: by Leigh (last edited Mar 29, 2013 08:27PM) (new)

Leigh (leighsalv) Hi everyone! My name is Leigh (pronounced LAY :p) and I am 16 years old. I live in California and I found my passion for books when I was in 3rd grade. I am a book blogger and I started that during the month of July 2012. My favorite series would be Across the Universe. It totally surprised me because I only bought it for the really pretty cover lol. I didn't read the summary so yeah. It WOWed me. Besides reading I love to run and am in the track team in my school.

message 25: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) Leigh (Little Book Star) wrote: "Hi everyone! My name is Leigh (pronounced LAY :p) and I am 16 years old. I live in California and I found my passion for books when I was in 3rd grade. I am a book blogger and I started that during..."
Welcome to the group!
And I read it mostly for the cover too! The cover is gorgeous!

message 26: by T.C. (new)

T.C. Slonaker | 4 comments You know - I mean absolutely no offense - but this really confirms the adage about judging a book by its cover. When I was picking a cover for my book, my publisher gave me a bunch of frilly, whimsy pictures to choose from. But I didn't think that suited the people who were going to read it. So we found something a little more exciting. Thanks for confirming that I made the right decision!

message 27: by Sydney (last edited Mar 30, 2013 07:00PM) (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) I always consider the cover. I spent an extra $5 on a book just because I liked the cover better than the cheaper version. I'm picky about what book covers show up on my home screen on my Nexus tablet too. But of course, I know that the book's content isn't based on the cover. I've read some books that I hated with absolutely gorgeous covers.

message 28: by M, Sleep deprived book worm (new)

Hi Tracy and Leigh :)
Welcome to the group :) Our April BOTM is out so be sure to check it out!

message 29: by T.C. (new)

T.C. Slonaker | 4 comments Thanks!

message 30: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Hi my name is Sarah. I'm 17 and I'm from Ireland. It's so hard to pick my favourite books.....they'd the be Vampire Academy Series, the Mortal Instruments, the Noughts & Crosses Series, The Host and Stolen: A Letter To My Captor. Ammm I like to draw and write and listen to music aswell and I'm starting to learn the guitar now. I have a dog and a guinea pig :p
That is all I can think of to say at the moment so Hi :)

message 31: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) Hi Sarah! Nice to meet you, I'm Sydney and welcome to the group!

message 32: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Sydney wrote: "Hi Sarah! Nice to meet you, I'm Sydney and welcome to the group!"

Thank you :)

message 33: by Emma (new)

Emma Hey, my name is Emma. I'm 14, and live in Australia. I love to read and I have a very limited range of other hobbies, such are drawing, listening to music and that's pretty much it, but I want to learn the violin (but we can't find anyone to teach me). Some of my favourite book series are: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead, The Mortal Instrument series by Casandra Clare, The Infernal Devices also by Cassandra Clare & The Lux series by Jennifer Armentrout. So Yeah...

message 34: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) Hi Emma! Welcome to the group!

message 35: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellemitoulas) Hey everyone!
my name is Michelle, I am 18 years young and live in Ontario Canada. My favourite books include; The host, Harry Potter, The dark Heroine, The Hunger Games, and The mortal Instrument series, I could add more but then we would be here for quite some time. I am currently taking a year off school and will be attending school in Toronto for journalism and screenwriting! I am a huge animal lover, and I am also a vegetarian! I also have a novel I am currently writing if you lovely folk would like to check it out just let me know. anywho I am new to this whole group thing so please be kind to me :)

message 36: by M, Sleep deprived book worm (new)

Hi Michelle , welcome to the group!
That's is cool that your writing a story what is it about?

message 37: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) Hi Michelle! Welcome to the group! I'd love to check out your novel.

By the way, I'm a vegetarian too!

message 38: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellemitoulas) Thanks guys! This would be the little blurb on the back of the book i guess ( not sure what its called) :When 21 year old Charlie Odell commits a heinous crime to save her younger sister, she finds herself thrown into the ghetto and labeled an unlawful. The one rule: every man for them self. There is no law enforcement to save one unlawful from another. Charlie begins to notice that people disappear off the streets and are never seen again. When she is stolen away for two weeks with no memory of what happened, things begin to change. She starts noticing odd people in the streets and becomes a target . With the help of an experienced unlawful named Nash, they learn the true secrets of the ghetto and why they are there.
How long have you been a veggie sydney? :)

message 39: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) I've been a vegetarian since I was 13, I'm 18 now. So a little less than 5 years.
And the book sounds awesome!

message 40: by M, Sleep deprived book worm (new)

ok that story seriously sounds cool :)Once it's completed I would love to read it!

message 41: by Kari (new)

Kari hi, my name is Kari i'm from The Netherlands. i'm 15 years old, i play field hockey, practice jiu jitsu and play guitar. my favorite books are: a game of thrones, divergent and insurgent, hungergames and immorital instruments.

message 42: by M, Sleep deprived book worm (new)

Hi Kari ;) welcome

message 43: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellemitoulas) thanks guys, god only knows when that will be haha!

Heathersbookreview Hi everyone! Nice to meet you all:) My name is Heather and I started my own youtube channel just for books a little over a year ago. I'm 19 years old from Chicago IL and am currently attending a university in IL. I've always enjoyed reading ever since I was little, and even though I am in college and totally swamped with work, I always find time to read.

My favorite books are all 3 of the Shatter Me books by Tahereh Mafi, The Great Gatsby, Gracling by Kristin Cashore*, and many others that I can't quite think of right now.

I enjoy reading and music. I like mainstream music, but my favorite bands at the moment would have to be Vampire Weekend and The Killers.

My favorite TV shows are The Office and Arrested Development. I've seen every episode of both of these series and still continue to re watch them because I haven't stumbled upon anything better!

I love discussing books:)

Heathersbookreview Emma wrote: "Hello everyone!^_^

My name is Emma, I'm 17 and I'm from England. Besides reading, I would say that I love listening to K-POP and drawing. Now onto the books!:) In no particular order, I love the H..."

Hi Emma! I really enjoy those reality shows too, because they do pass time quickly. I could lay on the couch and watch those all day lol!

message 46: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) Heathersbookreview wrote: "Hi everyone! Nice to meet you all:) My name is Heather and I started my own youtube channel just for books a little over a year ago. I'm 19 years old from Chicago IL and am currently attending a un..."

Hi Heather! I'm Sydney and welcome!
I LOVE The Great Gatsby, I had to read it for school and I thought it was AMAZING! I can't wait to see the movie.

Heathersbookreview Hi Sydney! Thank you:) I had to read it for school too and that's when I fell in love with it! I'm so excited for the movie and the trailers/commercials get me so excited every time I see them!

message 48: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) Me too I get so excited when I see the previews! It has to be one of the only books I've read for school that I actually like.

Heathersbookreview It's probably the only book I read for school that I genuinely like lol! To kill a Mocking Bird wasn't all that bad either but definitely not one of my favorites! What book are you currently reading now?

Sydney wrote: "Me too I get so excited when I see the previews! It has to be one of the only books I've read for school that I actually like."

message 50: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) In school we just finished Hamlet, which wasn't too bad. Now we've started Bless Me, Ultima by Rudolfo Anaya.
I'm also reading Cinder and Anna Karenina and I'm rereading Hush, Hush and Wicked.
I just can't stop myself from starting new books even though I'm in the middle of other books!

« previous 1