Ascend (Trylle, #3) Ascend discussion


154 views
What happened with Finn?

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paranormal_Madness (last edited Mar 18, 2013 04:17PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Paranormal_Madness Am I the only one that feels like Amanda Hocking threw Finn under the bus in this book? I feel like she tried too hard to get us on Loki's side, and for me, it just didn't work. All this book made me realize was that Wendy was a raging hypocrite, Loki was a creep, and Finn was way too good for Wendy. Am I the only one that thinks this?


Tina J Disagree!

I couldn't stand Finn.
His 'job' was more important to him than love.
He wants her - then he doesn't - he wants her - then he doesn't. ANNOYING!!!
It felt like he was always leading her on and playing mind games, and that kinda crap irritates the hell outta me!
I just couldn't relate to him whatsoever. The connection from reader to character just wasn't there for me.

Loki, however - was everything Wendy needed.
He wanted to be with her, no matter the consequense.
It felt like he actually cared about Wendy AND her feelings.
Besides, everything worked out in the end for everyone, didn't it?


message 3: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat Tina J wrote: "Disagree!

I couldn't stand Finn.
His 'job' was more important to him than love.
He wants her - then he doesn't - he wants her - then he doesn't. ANNOYING!!!
It felt like he was always leading her ..."

I couldn't agree more! Loki was perfect for Wendy! Then Finn "loves her" yet leaves right after they are actually together! Loki loved her since the first day he saw her, and Wendy has loved him just didn't know it till ascend. I always thought of Finn as an Edward, you know kind of stalker-ish? Anyone else?


Tina J Yes! Finn was very stalker-ish.
A very unnattractive quality.
Maybe one of the reasons I severly disliked him.


message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Kit Kat wrote: "Tina J wrote: "Disagree!

I couldn't stand Finn.
His 'job' was more important to him than love.
He wants her - then he doesn't - he wants her - then he doesn't. ANNOYING!!!
It felt like he was alwa..."


Yes i totally agree with you Finn is totally an Edward!! :D


Tiredartfriend Kit Kat wrote: "Tina J wrote: "Disagree!

I couldn't stand Finn.
His 'job' was more important to him than love.
He wants her - then he doesn't - he wants her - then he doesn't. ANNOYING!!!
It felt like he was alwa..."


Edward is probably the most apt description for Finn I have ever heard. Thank you!! <3


Tiredartfriend Samantha wrote: "Am I the only one that feels like Amanda Hocking threw Finn under the bus in this book? I feel like she tried too hard to get us on Loki's side, and for me, it just didn't work. All this book made ..."

I actually dont! I think he found his own happy ending!! He has his true love and an adorable stepdaughter too! I think he is the type of guy that needs to protect someone and now he has that. I love Finn as a character, he just wasn't meant for Wendy.


message 8: by Abigail (new) - added it

Abigail I liked Finn but he cared too much for his job, and the day before she was going to marry tove, Finn wanted to make her his.......Loki in the opposite hand wanted her and he told her. he almost died for her.,,
At least Finn found someone else in the end
I only liked Finn at the beginning
Loki and Wendy are going to have a baby, which is awesome


message 9: by Enchantedreader20 (last edited Mar 21, 2013 12:37PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Enchantedreader20 Samantha wrote: "Am I the only one that feels like Amanda Hocking threw Finn under the bus in this book? I feel like she tried too hard to get us on Loki's side, and for me, it just didn't work. All this book made ..."

I agree with you Sam! But that might be because I listened to you complain while reading this crappy book lol. I thought Hocking switched gears too fast, throwing Finn under the bus as you said, while throwing Loki at Wendy. It didn't work for me. Their interactions seemed forced and a little stilted, and I got the feeling Loki was a creep too. But what I agree with you most about is Wendy becoming a hypocrite. I couldn't believe how much I hated her in this book. At least you know you're not alone in disliking Loki!


Rhiannon Frater I found it ironic that Finn and Wendy did exactly the same thing to someone they loved. They put duty before love and didn't fight for the person they loved. I actually rolled my eyes when Wendy offered Loki the exact same offer Finn had offered her, but she had declined because it wasn't enough. Yet, she fully expected Loki to accept the offer of "just one night" that she had tossed back in Finn's face.

Honestly, I didn't care who she ended up with in the end.


Auhmanduh I loved Finn's character. He was placed in a very hard situation of "shaming" his family for the love of his life OR letting the only person he's ever really loved go so she could be happy. Which in my opinion was very selfless of him.

Do I wish they got together? yes. Do I understand why they didn't? Yes :(.

Loki could provide her with that happiness.

Yes, Loki was definitely on creeper status when he met wendy but hey, she likes'em crazy :) lol.


message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Tina J wrote: "Disagree!

I couldn't stand Finn.
His 'job' was more important to him than love.
He wants her - then he doesn't - he wants her - then he doesn't. ANNOYING!!!
It felt like he was always leading her ..."



I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU A 100%


Syris Ocasio Samantha wrote: "Am I the only one that feels like Amanda Hocking threw Finn under the bus in this book? I feel like she tried too hard to get us on Loki's side, and for me, it just didn't work. All this book made ..."

I sooo agreeee Like The first 2 books it was abouttt Finn and Wendy and then loki comes and wendy was kinda pushing him away and then in the last one they fall in love like really? Finn Cared about her tho he knew what the cosequences would be if they were together!! He couldnt do that to wendy, the kingdom, or even wendys mother. I Mean Finn was always there to keep her safe and protect her, isnt that wat every gurll wanttss <3


Syris Ocasio Rhiannon wrote: "I found it ironic that Finn and Wendy did exactly the same thing to someone they loved. They put duty before love and didn't fight for the person they loved. I actually rolled my eyes when Wendy of..."

Exactly!!


message 15: by Dolphin lover (last edited Sep 24, 2013 02:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dolphin lover Finn is a jerk for choosing duty over Wendy and he fought for a system that kept him from her so when he apologizes then Wendy apologizes when she didn't need to she did nothing wrong.

Please comment on what I wrote it can be negative or positive


Dekotah Thompson Ava wrote: "Finn is a jerk for choosing duty over Wendy and he fought for a system that kept him from her so when he apologizes then Wendy apologizes when she didn't need to she did nothing wrong.

Please comm..."


I agree, she did nothing. the only thing she did was ask him to chose her and he didn't. Loki was my favorite charater and i loved that he ended up with Wendy.


Maddie Does nobody feel for Finn????????


Tina Hall I absolutely loved Finn and Wendy. Finn's only fault was that he didn't want Wendy to be subjected to ridicule for being with him. I don't think he put his job over her, but used his job as a way to avoid being hurt because he knew that she could never be with him without people judging her.

I hated Loki, and I hated even more how he came into the picture and Wendy was almost instantly in love with him. There was no build up, no tension, nothing. Loki and Wendy were flat out boring. It was kind of obvious that the chemistry was more of convenience than anything else. Wendy and Finn had real chemistry.


Dolphin lover Tina wrote: "I absolutely loved Finn and Wendy. Finn's only fault was that he didn't want Wendy to be subjected to ridicule for being with him. I don't think he put his job over her, but used his job as a way t..."

No offense but I disagree with you


Hannah i really liked that she ended up with Loki, b/c Finn would be the obvious choice, ya know? He's the stereotypical main character love interest in books. dark and brooding. and i love that she changed it up and chose the guy who, in other books, wouldnt have won the girl


Hailey Clark I love that she ended up with Loki. I believe he was just the best option. He was so loving and cared about her and i just think they were meant to be. I also love how it ends all happy and pretty much everything works out.


Hailey Clark Maddie wrote: "Does nobody feel for Finn????????"
I mean i love Finn and all but she was meant to be with Loki and he found love in the end.


RedRedtheycallmeRed The same thing happened the Hollowland books. In the first book Lazlo was the love interest, then it's Boden in the second and Lazlo's forgotten (although I was not team Lazlo, so I didn't care). Maybe that's just Ms. Hocking's M.O.?


Brianna I hate that she ended up with Loki! Loki was a cocky jerk! yeah he was kinda sweet but Finn loved her since day 1 and he couldn't be with he was a tracker :(


harriette du plessis sparrow Brianna wrote: "I hate that she ended up with Loki! Loki was a cocky jerk! yeah he was kinda sweet but Finn loved her since day 1 and he couldn't be with he was a tracker :("

i dont agree!! Finn was sooo confusing and he hurt wendys feelings all the time!!!! Loki is so awesome!!!!!!!!


Brianna i don't agree with you because Finn was a jerk because he was trying to hide what he felt for Wendy because he was a tracker.


Hailey Clark Loki was so freakin amazing and i love him so much i would so marry him if he was real and Finn was so stupid and didn't treat her right. He would always confuse her by randomly kissing her or acting like he loves her then he would go and ignore her or act like he didn't care.

I LOVE LOKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hailey Clark Citlalli wrote: "Tina J wrote: "Disagree!

I couldn't stand Finn.
His 'job' was more important to him than love.
He wants her - then he doesn't - he wants her - then he doesn't. ANNOYING!!!
It felt like he was always leading her on..."



I agree!!


Hailey Clark Citlalli wrote: "Tina J wrote: "Disagree!

I couldn't stand Finn.
His 'job' was more important to him than love.
He wants her - then he doesn't - he wants her - then he doesn't. ANNOYING!!!
It felt like he was always leading her on..."



I agree!!


Hailey Clark Samantha wrote: "Am I the only one that feels like Amanda Hocking threw Finn under the bus in this book? I feel like she tried too hard to get us on Loki's side, and for me, it just didn't work. All this book made ..."

Samantha wrote: "Am I the only one that feels like Amanda Hocking threw Finn under the bus in this book? I feel like she tried too hard to get us on Loki's side, and for me, it just didn't work. All this book made ..."


Yes, I think you are the only one on this one! Sorry but she belongs with Loki!


Hailey Clark Samantha wrote: "Am I the only one that feels like Amanda Hocking threw Finn under the bus in this book? I feel like she tried too hard to get us on Loki's side, and for me, it just didn't work. All this book made ..."

Samantha wrote: "Am I the only one that feels like Amanda Hocking threw Finn under the bus in this book? I feel like she tried too hard to get us on Loki's side, and for me, it just didn't work. All this book made ..."


Yes, I think you are the only one on this one! Sorry but she belongs with Loki!


Paranormal_Madness I just can't get over how much of a freaking hypocrite Wendy was in the third book. It made me so mad. That and I always thought Loki was a total creep, from the moment he was introduced in the series. I thought their relationship was more of an obsession than love. It just came out of nowhere. To forceful for my taste. But I do seem to be in the minority in this fandom.


Maddie Oh my god you guys really don't like Finn?
I love him and he should have been the one!!! Don't get me wrong Loki was great and all but there was so much more feeling and emotion towards Finn than Loki. Loki just kinda appeared and then got married-weird!!!


message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Samantha wrote: "Am I the only one that feels like Amanda Hocking threw Finn under the bus in this book? I feel like she tried too hard to get us on Loki's side, and for me, it just didn't work. All this book made ..."

I agree with you Samantha. I thought Loki was a lazy mooch who came out of no where and was suddenly in love with Wendy! Finn was tried and true, a man who wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty!


Stenedria This is just my opinion, but I think Loki was a solid choice for Wendy. Everyone has a first love that happened to be Finn. I think that fact is very important because it explains why she could never stop caring about him. However, Finn cared a lot about his job (which is goo), but he was willing to let that get in the way of how he felt about Wendy. Loki looked out for Wendy just like Finn did, but he was willing to show Wendy how he felt on a regular basis (something Finn couldn't do for her). The fact that the author presented Mia and her daughter as people who could bring out the good in Finn was an excellent way to end the series.


Maddie i totally agree with you


back to top