Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > YA Paranormal Fantasy

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gisbelle (last edited Mar 15, 2013 06:11PM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments This thread is for everyone to recommend their favorite YA Paranormal Fantasy

message 2: by Ana (new)

Ana (merenganita) | 2 comments One that I really like is Anna dressed in blood.

message 3: by Kathy (last edited Apr 20, 2013 01:34PM) (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments These are some of my favorites :)

Strange Angels (Strange Angels, #1) by Lili St. Crow Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa Angelfire (Angelfire, #1) by Courtney Allison Moulton Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore

message 4: by Sofiraindrop (new)

Sofiraindrop | 470 comments Mine are Inescapable (The Premonition, #1) by Amy A. Bartol Halo (Halo, #1) by Alexandra Adornetto Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick

message 5: by Lo (new)

Lo (darkalleycookies) | 1 comments I'm not that into paranormal, but I liked the first Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick

message 6: by Refan (new)

Refan (refan_erg) | 96 comments I'm not a big fan of paranormal and vampire,angel...etc. stories BUT I really liked this book!

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare

message 7: by Alyssa (last edited Sep 23, 2013 07:52AM) (new)

Alyssa (alyssaauch) | 14 comments I tried Graceling, but I wasn't that into it. Also it had similarities to my book, and my author ego couldn't take it. (I'm the author of
Lunula)

I have wanted to try the Iron King for a while now, though! I don't think I've read much of this genre, so thanks for the recommendations!

message 8: by Kassi (new)

Kassi | 41 comments I really love books about witchcraft and magic. Does any one have any recommendations?

message 9: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 52 comments Here are some of my favorites:
Something Witchy This Way Comes (Something Witchy, #1) by Veronica Blade Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1) by Quinn Loftis Bound (The Crystor, #1) by C.K. Bryant My Wolf's Bane (Shapes of Autumn, #1) by Veronica Blade Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Elfin (The Elfin, #1) by Quinn Loftis

message 10: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 52 comments Kassi wrote: "I really love books about witchcraft and magic. Does any one have any recommendations?"

I love witch and magic books too! Some I really like are Something Witchy This Way Comes (Something Witchy, #1) by Veronica Blade Book of Shadows (Sweep, #1) by Cate Tiernan Craved (Gwen Sparks, #1) by Stephanie Nelson Bewitching the Werewolf by Caroline Hanson (Short Story)

message 11: by Megan (new)

Megan (megandurrence) | 29 comments There's a lot in this category that I can list. I'll try to list a little bit of everything :)

Angels/Nephilim
Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare
Shifters/Vamps
A Bite's Tale (A Furry Fable) by Veronica Blade Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1) by Quinn Loftis Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead
Witches
Sweep Volume 1 (Sweep, #1-3) by Cate Tiernan Balefire (Balefire, #1-4) by Cate Tiernan Something Witchy This Way Comes (Something Witchy, #1) by Veronica Blade Once a Witch (Witch, #1) by Carolyn MacCullough
Aliens
Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1) by Pittacus Lore
Time traveler
Clockwise (Clockwise, #1) by Elle Strauss
Greek mythology
Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

message 12: by Robin (new)

Robin (iamthearbitraryavian) I just read a book called angelfall by susan ee and I am now hooked to the series.

message 13: by Kitri (new)

Kitri | 1 comments The second book in this series just came out this month. It's gargoyle paranormal fantasy. Wonderful read!
The Beautiful and the Cursed (The Dispossessed, #1) by Page Morgan

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Kassi wrote: "I really love books about witchcraft and magic. Does any one have any recommendations?"

Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins Old Magic by Marianne Curley Once a Witch (Witch, #1) by Carolyn MacCullough

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

message 16: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 261 comments Have u read Anne Rice The Witching Hour
That series about magic.witches is about one best.
Also

message 18: by Amy (new)

Amy | 5 comments Vampire
The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) by Julie Kagawa The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2) by Julie Kagawa The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3) by Julie Kagawa

Shifter
Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater

Other
Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck

message 20: by Keep Calm (new)

Keep Calm Novel On (keepcalmandnovelon) | 302 comments Firefly: Ice Born by PM Pevato. A must read YA paranormal.

message 21: by Cherry (new)

message 22: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (all-about-angels) | 26 comments Ya PNR books set in modern setting with maybe something different and original with female pov ? Please don't suggest me anything dystopian or horror and I'd prefer witches,angels and demons,immortal creature(lol) p.s: no werewolf and fey please

THE FALLEN STAR SERIES
HUSH HUSH SAGA
TIGER CRUSH SAGA
THE PREMONITION
THE IMMORTALS
HEX HAL

message 24: by Aastha (new)

Aastha | 190 comments Kassi wrote: "I really love books about witchcraft and magic. Does any one have any recommendations?" You might like Blue is for Nightmares by Laurie Faria Stolarz. It isn't mainly about witchcraft or magic but mostly spells, astrology and other paranormal stuff like that but i would really recommend this book.

message 25: by Jesenia (new)

Jesenia Sanabia | 9 comments Free Today: http://www.amazon.com/My-Life-Revenge... Reviews Please:) Thank you!

message 26: by Jesenia (new)

Jesenia Sanabia | 9 comments Free for today only! Reviews appreciated! http://www.amazon.com/My-Life-Revenge...

message 27: by Rosina (new)

Rosina (lacedaggerbooks) | 72 comments Okay trying not to repeat any (though I'll second Unearthly and the Mediator books).

But sticking to the paranormal fantasy side of things:

The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong and then the sequel series The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1) by Kelley Armstrong

Also Bad Girls Don't Die (Bad Girls Don't Die, #1) by Katie Alender

message 28: by L. Sydney (new)

L. Sydney Abel | 8 comments Highly rated YA/Adult Fantasy Paranormal-
Timothy Other: The Boy Who Climbed Marzipan Mountain
Timothy Other The Boy Who Climbed Marzipan Mountain by L. Sydney Abel