This topic is about Throne of Glass
Group Book Of The Month > Throne of Glass - March BOTM Discussion

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Booknut (booknut101) | 4592 comments Mod
Discuss the book here!

The question to think about is:

'She'd survived Endovier, yet she could still laugh.' Why do you think that is?

Feel free to extend the discussion beyond the questions and simply talk about the book as well :D

message 2: by Cam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cam Garza (camgarza) | 137 comments I think she didn't focused too much on what happened on Endovier, not like she wanted to forget an deny her time in there but more like she focused on the present and the fact that she wasn't in Endovier anymore.
Btw, loved the book and I loved Caelena she was so cool and different, most of the time authors write female assassins as man haters and also that they hate frills and dressing up and things like that, it was a good change and I loved Chaol, he was so sweet even if he didn't show it and he cared a lot about her.

message 3: by talltyrion (new) - added it

talltyrion | 708 comments Ask me, she gives Sirius Black a run for his money. At least he was an animagus.

Roxanne (roxyrolla) | 6 comments I'm currently in the middle of this book, and I just have to say that I'm enjoying it quite a bit now, but I almost gave up on it at the start. This line is probably one of the reasons why - to me it seems pretty unbelievable that someone could go through torture every day and still be able to laugh. The other thing that turned me off right away is the cover - she looks like a Disney princess (as another reviewer has mentioned)! And how do you pronounce her name? And what about Chaol, how do you pronounce that one? Anyway, I've been able to get past these things, and hopefully I'll be able to finish this book this week. Thanks to Booknut for making this book available to group members!

message 5: by talltyrion (new) - added it

talltyrion | 708 comments I think it's something like "Chow-l", but I could be wrong...

janussaouzts (janussa) | 113 comments If your not sure how too pronounce the names here is the link to a pronunciation guide on the author's website. I hope it helps!
http://sarahjmaas.com/extras/throne-o...

message 7: by talltyrion (new) - added it

talltyrion | 708 comments That was my second choice. But it reminds me of this annoying kid named Cael in elementary school, and that just kind of ruins it for me...

janussaouzts (janussa) | 113 comments Aww, well since I don't know anyone with a name even similar to it. I love it, it is very unique.

message 9: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Booknut (booknut101) | 4592 comments Mod
JaneLovesBooks wrote: "Aww, well since I don't know anyone with a name even similar to it. I love it, it is very unique."

Same :)

message 10: by talltyrion (new) - added it

talltyrion | 708 comments I just thought of maybe pronouncing it like the surname Cahill, and then I realized I have bad blood with that name, too. How depressing is that?

Elaney | 60 comments I prefer Chowl. Her pronunciation makes me think of kale.

message 12: by talltyrion (new) - added it

talltyrion | 708 comments Yes, me too.

Elaney | 60 comments I don't have anything against kale, but I don't want to be thinking of a vegetable whenever I read his name.

message 14: by talltyrion (new) - added it

talltyrion | 708 comments *laughs* Understandable. :)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

WordlesslyAmazed03 wrote: "I think it's something like "Chow-l", but I could be wrong..."

It's actually pronounced like Kay-all

http://sarahjmaas.com/wp-content/uplo...

message 16: by talltyrion (new) - added it

talltyrion | 708 comments I know. Read the above discussion.