Divergence discussion

The Movie! > OFFICIAL FOUR CASTED

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Olivia (last edited Mar 15, 2013 04:21PM) (new)

Olivia (livvie_simone) Theo James was officially casted as Four

What do you think?

message 2: by Sierra (last edited Mar 15, 2013 04:37PM) (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) Noooooooooo!!!! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No!
I don't like it! I don't like it at all! :(

message 3: by Candace (new)

Candace (readingfool1993) | 9 comments *sigh* i'll live... I'll survive. I actually haven't seen him act... but his looks are..nice lol :) shave and you might have it :D I'll bite, let's just hope him and this Tris go good together :)

message 4: by T.J. (new)

T.J. | 34 comments noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. This dude is like 30!

message 5: by Rinasa1234 (new)

Rinasa1234 | 73 comments He is 28!!!! Way too old, doesn't look right, but his acting might be good. He is a Divergent fan and read the books already so he understands the characters.

message 6: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Genest | 1 comments I wanted Drew Roy or Max Irons, but I'm still very happy about Theo. Come on guys, give him a chance. Most of us wanted Max and his 27. like wtf people? anyway. Everone (including Roth) said he was the perf. Four. Like no one could play him better. So if she likes him, I like him too. I just need to see the trailer now!!!

message 7: by Ava (new)

Ava Guinto (aveyguinto) | 2 comments Nooooo. Sorry guys but he's not fitting the role. :( I have this feeling that its gonna be a terrible adaptation.

Let it be Colton Haynes. Please. Please. Please

My excitement over the movie just fades.

Sooooo disappointing.

message 8: by Becky (new)

Becky Well he doesn't look like the Tobias I imagined, but he is a fan of divergent so I can't dislike him to much ;). Fingers crossed he'll capture Four's character and will surprise us all eh? :)

message 9: by Simona (new)

Simona Dananajová | 18 comments Becky, I totally agree! :)

message 10: by Raven (new)

Raven | 1 comments I was kind if disappointed when i found about who was casted as tobais especially because of his age and to me he doesn't will fit what i envisioned but i hope he will be a great actor in the movie

message 11: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelsea_may_) I don't like him, too old. If they can put some magic make up on him to make him look younger then yay but for now, I don't like him as Tobias

message 12: by Kaeli (new)

Kaeli | 36 comments I'm just happy it wasn't alex peterfer or whatever his name was

message 13: by E L L E (new)

E L L E (lacustrine_dreams) Theo was in the inbetweeners movie two years ago and he pulled off an eighteen year old jerk pretty well, I'm sure he can do it again and he's hardly aged that much in those two years. I say give him a chance, I think it's good that they've gone for someone who's a bit more unknown for once. I feel like pettyfer needs to stick away from teen franchises if he wants to fix his career and he needs to drop the diva attitude if he wants to pick up another teen film

message 14: by Marissa (new)

Marissa Plummer (mapster411) | 1 comments I've never seen him act so I don't If I like him or not but he's attractive and he looks how I imagined four in my head

message 15: by KelseyKES (new)

KelseyKES | 17 comments Yummmmmyyyyyyy! He looks decent. Dark and strong, but where are those blue eyes, the eyes that make Tris feel safe?!?!?!?!? In my mind I kinda imagined him as Alex Pettyfer...., lol.

I guess I'm pretty hapy with Theo James casted as Tobias, as long as he has that strong personality, pushing Tris to do what she needs to, yet he can be gentle and understanding. ♥♥♥ make us proud theo jamess

message 16: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (eaton_tobias) | 2 comments *loud sigh

sorry to say but i prefer max irons.

message 17: by Ava (new)

Ava Guinto (aveyguinto) | 2 comments totally agree with you hazel! he will always be the one for me. i love the series. i really do. but maybe its time for them to leave the books alone. -sigh

message 18: by Ails (new)

Ails (ailsmp) | 3 comments Did you guys already see Theo James in motion?

OUR TOBIAS CAN SING. Watch him singing here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Map2uzdSFLs

There are 3 videos & he's the vocal:

1. Shere Khan - Skin
2. Shere Khan - Straight Up
3. Shere Khan - Can't complain

I DIDN'T LIKE HIM AT FIRST. BUT HE'S GROWING ON ME. After I watched this videos I could see him as Four already.

message 19: by Kaeli (new)

Kaeli | 36 comments ok Theo is 28!!!

message 20: by Nina (new)

Nina Boals (nboals) Ugh, definitely not how I pictured him. You never know though, maybe he'll surprise us all.

message 21: by Becca (new)

Becca I'm kinda disappointed, but according to Veronica Roth, he has the best chemistry with Shailene. I trust Veronica. And maybe if he's clean shaven and has a bit of movie makeup on, he'll look better. Lets hope! *fingers crossed*

message 22: by Becca (new)

Becca I also think the videos of him singing kinda lets us see him in motion. I can totally picture him as Tobias now! Especially with those made dance skills.

message 23: by Kitkatd0512 (new)

Kitkatd0512 | 3 comments No no no this is not allowed to happen grrr

Rowan *call me Red* (rowanmoss) | 11 comments No! He's too old!

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) He should be fine if he shaves and if the producers get the right makeup or computerized stuff to fix the age issue

message 26: by Kitkatd0512 (new)

Kitkatd0512 | 3 comments I guess but I'm still not happy bout it that and I don't like tris that much either

message 27: by Crowleaf, Watch the Movie! (new)

Crowleaf | 394 comments Mod
No, don't shave. He'll look better with a bit of scruffs

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) I mean like a tiny bit of scruff, but not too much. Just to give him more of a teenage boy heading toward manhood. You know what I mean?

message 29: by Crowleaf, Watch the Movie! (new)

Crowleaf | 394 comments Mod
Yeah, not a full on beard. Just a little bit.

message 30: by Rama (new)

Rama LH | 4 comments he might be a littlllle bit old but I guess he's gunna fit in the role

message 31: by Brianna Bowling (new)

Brianna Bowling | 4 comments Toooo old and his eyes are the wrong color.

message 32: by Dani (new)

Dani (cheapregrets) | 2 comments I'm seeing Golden Boy, the series with him in the lead role and damn, he's the perfect Four.

message 33: by Maryam (new)

Maryam Karim | 1 comments I think he is too old but if he just does perfect acting then I might be able to forgive him

message 34: by Ry (new)

Ry Strider | 1 comments He may be old, but that part really isn't important, because he looks pretty young for his age. And since Tobias is such a serious character, that makes him look older anyway. Besides... Have you seen this guy with Abnegation hair? He looks so much more like Tobias that way! Let's give him a chance, guys. Veronica Roth says she thinks he's perfect, and she would know best. Also, makeup and costume can work wonders for age these days. Older really doesn't matter anymore. He's not quite as I pictured him, but he does fit the discription. I think they did a great job casting, and I think we should give him a chance. :)

message 35: by Becca (new)

Becca Preach it! I think we should at least give him a chance:)

message 36: by Rama (new)

Rama LH | 4 comments I agree with Yoda :-)

message 37: by E L L E (new)

E L L E (lacustrine_dreams) Has anyone seen him in underworld? You can really see him as four in those, although granted the blue eyes are a little overpowering in that film.

message 38: by Becca (new)

Becca Yeah, I watched the trailer. The blue eyes were an effect, but he could definitely pull off blue eyes!

message 39: by Özgecan (new)

Özgecan (ozgecan) | 4 comments I wasnt really sure at first but I think he is good as Four and if Veronica Roth thinks he is the right choice than I do too. But the eye colour is really important to me too.

message 40: by Stormy (new)

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 91 comments I think he will make a good four but he's so old. Shailene still looks like a teen but theo looks like he's 30!

message 41: by Rinasa1234 (new)

Rinasa1234 | 73 comments Yea, their age difference in real life is pretty big but I think they did it on purpose to emphasize the fact that Tris is so young and small while Four is tough and mature.

message 42: by Tabitha (new)

Tabitha Voisich (tabbykait) Ughh I don't want this guy to be Four. That is not how I pictured him at all!!!

message 43: by Stormy (new)

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 91 comments I can see why they casted an older guy because in the book Tris is shocked that Four is actually 18, however, since it's a franchise, I'm a bit worried that by the time they make the movie for Allegiant Theo might be too old

message 44: by Mina (new)

Mina (minatheshadowhunter) | 6 comments Ehhh he's okayyyy. Not really what i pictured, but i guess i can get used to it