Before I Fall Before I Fall question

Sam's evolving
Ncf Ncf Mar 15, 2013 02:17PM
What did everyone thin kabout how she evolved throught out story? i liked her change for the better, and the ending really made me see how life can truly affect everyone's attitude.

I believe it is important to remember that Sam doesn't literally "relive" the same day seven times. The story is arguably Sam's version of penance for the mistakes she made and the trauma she inflicted on people. I agree, she did experience a change of heart while she was reliving days. However in reality Sam did die an unkind person, Sam never fell in Kent's arms. The lesson learned is that one should never take advantage of the time they do have to make a change.

Why do you think it took so long for Sam to realize what was good and what was bad?

I think the author really wanted to show the depth Sam's struggle with good and bad and that is why she took Sam long to realize what she had to do. I think that this way, it is more relatable to the readers. If she had just realized right away what she needed to do, there wouldn't be much of a story. Because she struggled with the idea of what was truly right, the story was engaging and made you want to keep reading.