Indie Book Collective discussion

Independent Author Network

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Marchant (jamiemarchant) | 36 comments Anyone familiar with this service? Is it worth the price? Particularly is the gold membership worth it?

message 2: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Holloway | 51 comments That's a good question and I hope someone can help us with it.

message 3: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Marchant (jamiemarchant) | 36 comments http://www.independentauthornetwork.c... There's the link if anyone's interested.

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan Cashman (megan_cashman) | 11 comments It's nice to be part of the community set up, and some do tweet your author page. Give and take is what happens. I can't say how well it helped me sell my book, but it can spread some words.

Allison Bruning | 9 comments Jamie wrote: "Anyone familiar with this service? Is it worth the price? Particularly is the gold membership worth it?"

I looked at the link and was wondering the same thing. The goal is to reach readers. While I understand authors are also readers its a good thing to reach out to the common person. I wonder how this network will do that? I like that they are about other authors helping one another. I think we can learn alot from each other. But to pay a fee for that? I don't know.

message 6: by John (new)

John (jaymack) | 45 comments I'm a member, although not a paid one. I've used it for exposure on Twitter. If you send a tweet with their hashtag attached, the members are supposed to retweet it to their lists. Not everyone does this, by a long shot, but enough people have retweeted so that I get added exposure. Like most social networking things, however, it's hard to measure how many actual sales you get from it. That said, it's one more way to get exposure.

John

Rose of Skibbereen by John McDonnell

message 7: by C. (new)

C. McKenzie (cleemckenzie) | 24 comments I keep reading that the stats support goodreads as your best promo bet--better than fb, twitter or google+.

Here's an interesting article on using goodreads giveaways. This author has some data to support her suggestions.http://www.novelpublicity.com/2012/02...

message 8: by Sherri (new)

Sherri Moorer (sherrithewriter) I haven't joined it, but like many others here I am very interested to hear some feedback.

Frankly, I've had more exposure here through Goodreads than anywhere else. Here, Amazon, and Twitter have been my best connections so far.

message 9: by John (new)

John (jaymack) | 45 comments I tried to open that link about Goodreads giveaways, but I think you got the link wrong. Could you try it again? Thanks.

John

C. Lee wrote: "I keep reading that the stats support goodreads as your best promo bet--better than fb, twitter or google+.

Here's an interesting article on using goodreads giveaways. This author has some data t..."

message 10: by Anna (new)

Anna Szabo, JD, MBA (annaszabojdmba) | 3 comments I read a lot and have conducted a huge research on marketing a book, but never heard about the Association until I came across it on Goodreads. Goodreads is pointed to as the best source leading sales. An association is highly unlikely to bring you sales, but belonging to one will add credibility to your author profile.

Anna Stevens, author of
"Turn Your Dreams And Wants Into Achievable Smart Goals!"
www.SMARTgoalsBook.info